Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 103 July 23rd

+5
Christine Kim
jennifer
Sarah Oh
Audrey Jong
jaake kwon
9 posters

Go down

Psalm 103 July 23rd Empty Psalm 103 July 23rd

Post  jaake kwon Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:13 am

8 The Lord is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love.
---------------------------------------------------
i picked this verse to focus on because it says this one thing that kinda hit me right in the deaad center. "slow to anger, abounding in love." and the first chance we get, we go flip desks as soon as we're let down. this kinda brought me back to a saying from this pope that i heard in a chapel before;
"it is human to FORGET, but HOLY to FORGIVE.", and it kinda focuses on how the actual idea of JUSTICE is the thing that makes us think that we need to be EVEN with others.

Simply put; forgive others then God will forgive you. from there on, let GOD do the REST.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Psalm 103 July 23rd Empty Re: Psalm 103 July 23rd

Post  Audrey Jong Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:11 pm

I can't find a certain verse to share with you but I felt that this chapter had a strong message in it.
Praise is something we all do for God. But is it enough? There are so many things that we are blessed with in our life. Giving praise really does mean a lot from a person. We should give back to him what he deserves.
God appreciates the praise from each and eveyone of us.

Have an amazing week!
~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:39 pm

Hello~
15 "As for man, his days are like grass, he flourishes like a flower of the field;"
This message has a really profound meaning. I can't fully distinguish it but I think what it is trying to say is that us humans slowly and gradually grow in God's faith if we really try hard to do so. Just like how a flower will take time to fully bloom. It needs to be nurtured, in order for it to grow. We need to also be nurtured, or in our case, read the bible, pray, praise, etc, in order for our relationship with Christ to succeed.
All I got!
Bye!
-Sarah Wink
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:02 pm

This chapter just makes me feel safe n the lords presence. Although we have learned to fear god and his power, this chapter reminds me that god is gentle and caring and loving like a father. The part where it says he doesn't punish us for all of our sins relieve me as well! Uh this chapter is really straight forward and is a good wholesome message! Smile night y'all!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:09 pm

this chapter had a really strong message about how God is loving and gentle with us. he forgives our sins automatically and continues to bless us everyday. this chapter made me feel safe and secure. it gave a really beautiful side to our God that makes you want to be the best Christian you can be. how lucky we are to have this kind of God watching over us and loving us in such a wonderful way! how can we possibly give back everything God has done for us?
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:38 am

8: The LORD is compassionate and gracious,

Although I see my brother as the greatest role model in my life, sad to say, he doesn't even come as close to God.
"Slow to speak, quick to listen", forgiving as we are forever forgiven, loving as we are loved, unconditionally.
God just sets everything down, not understanding the bible never should be an excuse.
Let us turn away from sin just as Jesus did.
Even though God always gives us a way out, he'll NEVER stop pouring out his love for each and everyone of us.

Have a great week, guys!
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:34 am

9 He will not always accuse,
nor will he harbor his anger forever;

"Slow to anger" "nor will he harbor his anger forever"
Two parts that stuck out to me.
Now we ALL know someone, who RARELY gets mad, but when they do, ish goes down ahha
Kind of like God right? Think back to Noah's arc! The Earth was just plain EVIL so God wiped it out.
It takes a lot to get God angry, but he made that promise, the rainbow, and THAT is him, abounding us in love.
Him showiung us that rainbow, was a sign that he would NOT harbor his anger.
A man of great patience, there are what, over 7 billion of God's children inhabiting our planet right now, EACH sinning daily, constantly slapping God in the face, yet he forgives. I'd go crazy in a second.
What an amazing God we have!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:44 am

I didn't really get a specific verse but I got the message loud and clear.

God's love for us is something we can barely grasp. We can't possibly understand how much he loves us because he loves us through all our sins and all our misunderstandings about him.
He loves us so much that he gets angry not because he is hurt for himself, but because he's hurting for us.
He wants us to be the best we can be and he's always rooting for us. Kind of like the ultimate parent. Haha

Reminded me a bit of the song How He Loves!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:20 am

guise, i'm dead tired, i'll make up everything tomorrow, i promise
also, i'm sorry for not doing them in the first place
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:10 pm

9 He will not always accuse,
nor will he harbor his anger forever;

10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.

These verses reminded me of the other passage that explains what love is. Love is patient, love is kind and so on, but why this verse stuck out was because the description of God and description is very similar. So what I learned, or rather, was reminded of, is that God is love. Keeping that in mind, I'm also striving to be more like God everyday, reflect his image. Though it is hard, verses like these help me by setting the goal I should be aiming for.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down