Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 97 July 13

+4
Christine Kim
jennifer
jaake kwon
Kevin
8 posters

Go down

Psalm 97 July 13 Empty Psalm 97 July 13

Post  Kevin Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:05 am

x
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Psalm 97 July 13 Empty Re: Psalm 97 July 13

Post  jaake kwon Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:39 pm

can't focus right now. the jet lag is taking a toll right when I start adjusting to the time. sorry guys.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:54 pm

2 Dark clouds surround him.
This verse stuck out to me because it reminds me that when you are a Christian and are devoted to god, there will always be darkness around you. You will be covered in gods love, yes, but it won't be easy! Darkness tries to overcome you and take you away from god and doing his work! It's a scary thought and it's a sacrifice we have to make in order to be close to god. But I think the choice is still pretty easy! Hehe
10 You who love the Lord, hate evil!
This verse also stuck out to me because it shows me that we have to ask god for the gift of discernment so that we can differentiate and evil being from a regular sinner. God tells us to love our neighbors but does he mean absolutely everyone? :S
Thats all I got for today Guys!
See y'all Tmr Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:05 pm

10 Let those who love the Lord hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.
this verse stuck out to me because this kind of talked about how a Christian has to view and judge others which is in a way contradicting the whole "love your neighbours" idea...but in the second part of the verse, evil is described as those delivered from the hands of the wicked. perhaps there is a boundary to loving your neighbours. how can we love anti-Christians? how can we love those that make fun of our religion? I guess that is why this verse confuses yet clears up who to love and hate as a Christian.
that's it for today!
see you guys Sunday!
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:58 pm

7 "All who worship images are put to shame, those who boast in idols- worship him, all you gods!"
So this is more of a question than a message.
In the verse it says that if you praise idols or false gods, you will be put to shame right?
Well do Idols count as materialistic things or i dont know someone famous?
A lot of people say stuff like "Lady Gaga is my idol." (Just naming someone random.) or "I can't live without my iPhone."
And I guess I kinda know the answer to my own question because you're praising something or someone other than the Lord.
I'm confusing myself and probably anyone who is reading this, so im going to end here...
~~Good Night~~
-Sarah Wink
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:26 am

I'm loving my wifi! Turns out that the couch for da family room in my new house is comming at the end of october.....-_______-

I got nothing special from this chapter today. Just that we should be thankful for a God that loves, provides, and forgives us. He loves us the same eventhough we my sometimes turn away from him. That's how i felt when reading this chapter.

In the begining of the chpater:
"the lord is king! Let the earth rejoice! Let the farthest coastlands be glad."

See you guys tomorow!
~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:51 am

From this chapter, all the verses were describing howalmighty our God is.
Verse 5
"The hills melted lik wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth."

If you imagne a very large hill just melting right before you at the presence of God, you would be trulyamazed at how mighty ourGod is. The whole world melted right before him. His presence has enouh power to melt us all just imagine if he was talking to us. Our istruly almighty

Gnite
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

Back to top Go down

Post  James Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:05 am

to be honest, after not playing for three weeks, I'm kind of worn out.
Like, I NEED to serve.
keeps me sane Razz
im not crazy Smile

10: Let those who love the LORD hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones.
How blessed are we, to receive this covenant?
To not worry about anything, when we're told just to turn to Him and everything would be perfect.
What He gives us, just overwhelms me.
Like I feel as if its too much, just like receiving an abundance of money from your family members.
Why would it be so hard to appreciate, when God pours out ALL of His love, to each and everyone of us.
He doesn't deserve anything that we give Him.
The only thing I can think of worthy is the most that we can possibly give Him.
Maybe then.
MAYBE.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down