Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 96 July 12

+6
James
Sarah Oh
Audrey Jong
Christine Kim
jaake kwon
Kevin
10 posters

Go down

Psalm 96 July 12 Empty Psalm 96 July 12

Post  Kevin Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:05 am

z
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Psalm 96 July 12 Empty Re: Psalm 96 July 12

Post  jaake kwon Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:06 am

6 Splendor and majesty are before him;
strength and glory are in his sanctuary.

we are the church, and we make up the sanctuary. i think that this verse isn't talking about how great is our God, but just how great is his creation; US. God made man in his own image, so we should reflect that image with our actions. /real talk.Well, jet laggedright now and im hoping tht Im doing the right verse on the right day. ahahhaha...

well, night peeps. getting sum shut eye.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:54 pm

hey guys! I'm back from my vacation! but man I'm pooped...didn't sleep a wink last night and slept all day yesterday...oh and I missed you guys!
anyways I don't really have a particular verse to share and found the overall message strong. when I was in Korea, it was hard because not everyone in my family are Christian. all of my grandparents arent christian and a couple of my aunts, uncles and cousins aren't Christian either. so reading this chapter made me reflect on my family and I can't help but feel like they are missing out so much and that they really are in desperate need for God. my family is going through some hard times and there are others in the family that ARE Christian but it almost seems as though they are judging God for putting them in the situation. they are in desperate need of God to pull them out of their brokenness. God is always there and he deserves every single one of our praises. He is good and strong. He can change people's lives and thus we praise him and worship his Holy name.
have a great week guys! I will most likely see you all on sunday!
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:33 pm

Don't have a verse to share with you guys today but the chapter overall was good. I found that this chapter explained the importance and need for praise. God is amazing and we can't thank him enough for all the countless things he has done for us. This chapter also discribes the attitude we should give to God.

Sing to the lord praise his name!
~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:02 pm

3 "Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples."
So basically I understood that we should go and express God's love to everyone. And we shouldn't keep his "[M]arvelous deeds" just to ourselves or other christians but also to those who dont know Christ.
Thats all!
Bye!
-Sarah Wink
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:33 am

10: The world is firmly established, it cannot be moved;

This has been on my mind.
For an awfully long time.
Its so confusing.
Are our lives written in stone?
Or does it adapt to the way we do?
Possibly God gives us the paths and the choice?
How could that be if its "firmly established?"
How could that make sense, are people destined to go to hell?
and not join the gates of heaven?
Firmly established, it cannot be moved.
I've thought about this for the longest time, and honestly I've started to get a headache :$
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:09 am

1 Sing to the Lord a new song;
sing to the Lord, all the earth.
2 Sing to the Lord, praise his name;
proclaim his salvation day after day.

Obviously.. this relates to us a lot and we should live by these words if we were called to lead other into Gods worship!
Basically in each stanza, the verses are saying that God is almighty... give everything you have to him and he will lead you and protect you. He is our savior and will reign.
He will judge us for faithfulness and the world with righteousness,,, so its also our job to spread the word of God!

cheers
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:14 am

I didn't get very much in the usual versions so I checked out the Message version and

4-5 For God is great, and worth a thousand Hallelujahs.
   His terrible beauty makes the gods look cheap;
   Pagan gods are mere tatters and rags.

I love that the bible constantly reminds us of how God is terribly beautiful or to be fearful of him because most times we're told to treat him as a friend OR a father, etc. just because we're closest to our friends and family but really, I do think that treating him as a father is the most
accurate way to describe how we should be with God.
We should be treating him with a genuine fear and yet also, a strong love and need to please.
We should be remembering how powerful he really is and not taking it for granted.

That's it, folks! See all your purdy faces on Saturday!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:15 am

Didnt get much but this

Verse 6

"Honor and majesty are before him, strength and beauty are in his sanctiuary"

This verse stood outto me because, God has made each one of us differently and each of us are unique in our own way. he has given eachof us stregths and beauty according to his image
All i got gnite:
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:02 am

He is coming to judge the earth.
He will judge the world with justice,
    and the nations with his truth.
This verse just reminded me that I have no reason not to be completely honest and open with god durin my qt. god knows all things and he sure knows me inside out. So I think instead of trying to be what god wants you to be in humans eyes is the worst thing you can possibly do. I do that a lot! But this verse reminded me that if I'm right with god, nothing else matters. If god sees me in his eyes, the way he wants me to be, then I'll be tr happiest girl in the world
The hard part is getting to that! Getting to be comfortable with who you are from the inside out , and then sharing that with god, and working your problems out. I think it's good to be honest with yourself first, then you can be honest with god, then everyone else in the world! But it all starts with just the self and god Smile that sounded like a lecture o.o but I was kinda lecturing myself! Solly Solly ahaha
Night all!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down