Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proverbs 13 April 28th

+3
julian
jennifer
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

Proverbs 13 April 28th Empty Proverbs 13 April 28th

Post  Kevin Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:50 pm

What did the fish say when he was thrown onto the frying pan?

"OH DENG"
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Proverbs 13 April 28th Empty Re: Proverbs 13 April 28th

Post  jennifer Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:44 pm

sorry i didnt do devos yesterday guys i was really sick i think i got the stomach bug :S i was in bed all night, but im a bit better today Razz
alright heres today\s devo!
8 The rich can pay a ransom for their lives,
but the poor won’t even get threatened
this verse stuck out to me because these days everyone is trying to become rich, their main goal in life is to become a millionare or whatnot. But why? because of material things. this illustrates the advantages of being poor, annd shows how richness isnt all that it looks. Also, it reminded me of when sam said that the chance of a rich man getting to heaven is as likely as putting a camel through the eye of a needle. yeah i dont know if that made sense.... o.o
the rest of this chapter was kinda repeated from the other chapters!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:15 pm

Hey guys.

I know it's been a while since I've posted, this sickness really killed me so much this week. I'm pretty much safe and sound, thanks to your prayers, to those of my friends, and especially to the thanks of God. When I was really sick, without parental advice or someone to take care of me, God really had to use his strength to heal me, which I'm sure I couldn't do alone. I'll share about it tomorrow along with the devo for tomorrow. Be prepared, because I, like a lot of you, are continuously on fire for God this week...

By the way, the interesting thing I'd like to say about Proverbs is that there're 31 chapters. For the majority of the months, it's always good to read one proverb a day for the entire month, where I've done that once, and I guess a lot of people don't tend to preach too much using proverbs, I find it's great for self-reading, which is why it's a little difficult to get something COMPLETELY new from the message. But nonetheless, this is a good spiritual reminder that I would find daily.

Verse 10 seemed to be one of the verses that could relate to me most. Depending on yourself and believing that you're the only one competent really leads nowhere, but progress truly is made when advice is taken from an expert. Definitely did help me when I joined praise team, I felt like my playing was adequate enough, but Dan and Moses convinced me to look at things from a different angle as opposed to something very generic. Yes, I felt shameful about myself, but I thought that there would be no problem with this, considering that I was learning to be humble. If I didn't change my own views on things, like guitar playing, I'm sure that I wouldn't have gained any wisdom at all.

Verse 12 was also a good reminder about the fact that we have to constantly be active in our relationship with Christ. If we continue to delay our thoughts and our plans, then it begs a good question: why think of them in the first place, if we don't even plan on using them? Fulfilling them is essentially the thing that God is telling us to do - his work - missions. It could be as simple as inviting people to a conference (as I'm in the middle of doing, I'll talk about that on Friday.) or even making those ideas come true. I mean, the longer we wait, the harder it'll be to actually carry out the action... and God doesn't want us waiting years and years, but to take those ideas and do things now! Smile

Will be praying for you guys, continue to grow in spirit.

Thanks to those who prayed, and for those who didn't, that's fine, I got better through God, most importantly. Hallelujah!

Jules.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:53 pm

Julian! glad youre feeling better Smile
so today was ... meh... the weathers really killing me... almost blew away cause of the wind :/ ahahaha

10Too much pride causes trouble.
Be sensible and take advice.

a lot like what i got yesterday, dont be afraid to take someone's advice, and dont let your pride get in the way of your judgment Smile

25If you live right,
you will have plenty to eat;
if you don't live right,
you will go away empty.

This reminds me of something my dad once said to me.
I asked him if he was satisfied with the way he was living... like job and everything like that..
and he said "i may not have the best, or highest ranking job in the world, and i may not be the richest, but i have no fear because with God, i will never go hungry. Look around you. God still provides us with food and a home that is big and more than what we could probably afford otherwise. As long as you believe in God, and live by His word, theres nothing to worry. Thats why im never worried about tomorrow, because as long as I live the way God wants me to, he's going to take care of me"
gahhh, still remember this so clearly, love my daddy Smile ahaha

anyways, night guys~ stay healthy !!!!!! Smile
and see you all on sunday ~~~~
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:56 pm

Glad to see your back on the forum Julian!
Guys I noticed A LOT of you are slacking.
Be consistent

[color=blue]24 Those who spare the rod of discipline hate their children.
Those who love their children care enough to discipline them.[/colo

With this verse, I came across the analogy for us being the children and God being our father. I believe that God will discipline us when we go astray and there are times when we can feel upset or even mad at God. At the time, anger probably gets to our heads and we think why the heck is this happening. For me, I tend to be a hothead and think irrationally but soon after, I can analyze the situation better and come to better concluisions. But we all need this reminder that God does this for us because he loves us. He gets angry at us (righteous anger) because he loves us. If he didn't love us, he wouldn't care enough to do anything about anything that we do but just like the verse above states, those who love their children care enough to discipline them. To me, this verse meant alot because I can actually feel rejoiced when God disciplines us in our lives because it shows that he cares for us. If he didn't bother disciplining us it would mean that he doesn't care at all.

Yeahhhh thats my two cents

See you guys tomorrow
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:06 pm

Sorry for not posting yesterday. I had a huge project due today and I'd been procrastinatingg. :$

Anyway, I have good news!
My parents FINALLY got me a new phone! I mean, I don't have it yet, but I will in an hour. omg. I'm so excited.... pst... team blackberry... (:

Get better Jennifer! and Julian, glad you're getting better, lol I just realized how often you get sick. :S bleeeh. oh, don't forget to send the script around!

anyway, here's my devo!
3 Those who control their tongue will have a long life;
opening your mouth can ruin everything.

Like they say, if you haven't got anything good to say, don't say anything at all! I really had to learn this the hard way... I think this is easy to forget because we say things as jokes but we don't usually think of how it affects other people but we had a bullying presentation at school today, so maybe this hits me a little harder than you guys. Anyway, we have to remember to keeps others' feelings in mind when talking to them!

That's all I've got!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:07 pm

Correct, I'll probably finish that up on Friday.... yikes.
Thanks for the reminder!
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:38 pm

something came up.
bad mooood..... ill read still.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:57 am

Hey guys. Sorry for not posting yesterday. I was on and stuff, but i was in a rush and i guess it didn't get posted, cuz my parents were trying to get me of the computer. Apparently all our bandwidth for this month is used up...

Intelligent children listen to their parents; foolish children do their own thing.

So this verse stuck out a lot to me because it reminds me of where I am in my spiritual maturity. It refers to us as a child. Whether we are intelligent or foolish, we are still children. Throughout our Christian walks, we have different levels of maturity. We'll grow spiritually, but I think that the child age is the most important. We'll always need God to guide us through our walk and he'll always lead us to the right direction based on what we accept from his guidance. Our parents guide the same way he does. They act out of righteous anger, and always try to keep our best interests at mind while guiding us through our lives. God will always be with us always adjusting things along the way so that we can be happier. I think the dividing line between whether or not we can go further in our relationship is if we choose to be the intelligent child or the foolish child. As a foolish child, we think that we do not need God's guidance. We will shun him and try to keep him out, but thing is God is only helping us for our benefit. He has nothing to lose if you abandon him, but God will always be waiting for our return to him when we act out as the foolish child. When we act like the intelligent child, we can mature in spirituality and get closer to God. God will always lead us in the right direction, and like the intelligent child, as long as we're willing to follow, he will always do what will make us happy in the end.

Good night guys.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down