Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Corinthians 11 March 30

+3
josephpaik
jennifer
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

2 Corinthians 11 March 30 Empty 2 Corinthians 11 March 30

Post  Kevin Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:23 pm

king
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

2 Corinthians 11 March 30 Empty Re: 2 Corinthians 11 March 30

Post  jennifer Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:39 pm

so why isnt billy doing devos?

what i noticed in this passage is that Paul keeps saying how he knows that God knows what he is saying and what he is feeling is true.
He isnt saying these things to for himself, but for us. he is trying to save us and is enduring many trials and torture to do this. he's not lying to get our attention or make us listen. What comes out of his mouth is the truth. he knows that God knows his true intentions & is with him always, and thats all he needs to keep on going. This just reminds us, especially as a praise team is that if our intentions aren't genuine, God knows, thus our actions become meaningless. Our actions should come from our hearts. i dunno if that came out right...o.O haha
yeahh i didnt really get what he was talking about boasting and whatnot... could someone explain please ? :S
like this verse "28 Then, besides all this, I have the daily burden of my concern for all the churches. 29 Who is weak without my feeling that weakness? Who is led astray, and I do not burn with anger?" is kinda confuusssing. for me :S how does he feel the weakness of others? :S
overall, what i got from this passage was not to be fake, although you may fool people on earth, the only one who matters knows the truth, so there is no reason to hide it at all. and that paul went through many trials and endured aloooott to spread the word for Christ. his passion is amazingg I love you

so yeah! sorry this was a short devo! i didnt get too much from today!
GUESS WHATT school starts at 1245 tmmrr Very Happy hehe
have a great tmr everyonee! I love you
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:46 pm

Wow literacy test tomorrow hahaha

2 Corinthians 11

16 I repeat: let no one take me for a fool. But if you do then receive me just as you would a fool, so that i may do a little boasting.
This shows that If you take God for granted, its like saying im playing with a toy then after a week or two im done using it. If you ever take God for a fool, then God will show only a little boating to YOU meaning that he will show little pride in himself because there is yet one more person to deliver Gods word to. Even though God may love every equally, He knows who is trying to be one of his disciples or not. For those who are, He shows lots of boasting towards you if not he still shows but not as affectionate.

30 If i must baost, i will boast of the things that show my weakness.
This shows that even though God is a miracle worker, he doesnt boast about himself or take pride in the things he does. he does them for others just like us. Giving his one and only Son for our sins. We should be thankful and always try to live for him because he is our Father and we shouldnt be ashamed of Him. WE SHOULD BE BOASTING ABOUT HIM!

ez

josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:52 pm

yeahhh, i noticed that too... BILLY WHERE ARE YOU BUD! hahahaha
YES no school tmrwwww, feel bad for all of you grade 10's, but dont worry.. that test is a piece of cake Smile

3But now I fear that you will be tricked, just as Eve was tricked by that lying snake. I am afraid that you might stop thinking about Christ in an honest and sincere way. 4We told you about Jesus, and you received the Holy Spirit and accepted our message. But you let some people tell you about another Jesus. Now you are ready to receive another spirit and accept a different message.
From here I got something really important and thats reading the bible.
YES THAT MEANS DEVOS YOU GUYS..
theres going to be a lot of false testimony and different stories about God...
no one can know the whole bible inside out..but to know from whats right and wrong, we NEED TO read the bible!
WHY!? becauseeeeee, in the bible are all of your questions, the RIGHT answers to whatever you may be curious about.
If you dont know your stuff, then you're clueless about whats right and wrong in this world. if you dont read the bible, you dont know God.
It sounds so cliche to say that it's like your connection, your link to God, but theres no way around that.
The only way you will learn is to read the bible a little bit each day and become familiar with the word.
like we do together through this forum.
thats why devos is so important you guys!
I know a lot of stuff is going on, and that ive missed a couple days in the past before..
but try to be as consistent as possible with this! It's really important , not just for others, but for yourself too. We can learn from you, but if you dont learn anything, then what help is that to your life right?

Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:19 pm

A Steinberger headless bass.... nice!

I promised your hand in marriage to Christ, presented you as a pure virgin to her husband.

Ok so, in the bible, different people mention God as the groom, and us as the bride. When we have our weddings (if we do, of course), we would want everything to be perfect. There was this Christian author who wrote this one book (forgot both author and book) and in there, he explains one of his visions about North American Churches. He says he sees a zombie bride sitting on a couch, no knowing she's a zombie. She is sitting there and rotting away, but only she doesn't notice. That author uses this metaphor to describe what our churches are turning into. As a groom standing at the altar, we see our beautiful to-be wife and you're excited. Your moment is coming when you will love someone with all your heart, but think about if this rotting, zombie woman starts walking towards you. Would you still be excited or happy? If our church, and specifically our ministry keeps rotting and turning into a zombie bride, I don't think God would be the happiest to see us when he welcomes us as his bride. What makes us rot away can be simple things like making the church dirty to things like being undedicated to God. We have to try to personally be in tip-top shape for God and also make sure our church is beautiful for God when we are called to be the bride.

DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:24 pm

Hey guys
Sorry for a couple things
Missing last nights devo and sending out the email incredibly late
I've hit a rough patch this week but it's better.

2 Corinthians 10
12 Oh, don’t worry; we wouldn’t dare say that we are as wonderful as these other men who tell you how important they are! But they are only comparing themselves with each other, using themselves as the standard of measurement. How ignorant!

What I basically got was that the people that Paul talks about in this passage are people who are quite misled ahah. We can never say to a fellow Christian, you should be more like this, do what I do because doing so makes us the standard model just like it states in the passage. The only standard of measurement that is appropriate to set is Jesus Christ but we as humans fall short inevitably but Jesus filled that huge gap from our highest standards to the standard of God.

2 Corinthians 11

7 Was I wrong when I humbled myself and honored you by preaching God’s Good News to you without expecting anything in return?

Just some thoughts I received from this passage was that nothing we do should be to expect glory from others. We do everything humbly and we never do things to be seen. There are some thigns that we can do behind closed doors and there's no reason to take it out of there unless necessary. But other than that, what you do for God is for God and him alone.

See you guys Friday!

Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:12 am

Oh Jeremy, you got a new bass? I'm thinking of getting a new tele hopefully, using that from now on, since I don't really like my current guitar hahaha. Today wasn't such a great day... economics mark is ruined, and so I don't know if I'll get into my desired programs... although I've gotten into 3, yay! It'll be hard to practice this week though - my friend needs my guitar Thursday night.... so I'll have to practice with something else unfortunately until Friday comes.

Personally... I could say a bunch of stuff, but right now I feel like it'll be a pile of BS when I happen to write it. For this reason, I'll be doing this tomorrow morning.

Take care.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:44 am

Okay, I've read over this chapter about 3 times, and read your guys' posts.
I still got nothin'...
I guess it's just one of those days? :/
Ugh, I hate pushing off devos. Makes me feel all bleh.
Anyway, I'm off to sleep. Literacy test tomorrow.
Sorry guys. ):
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:00 am

There was only one verse that stood out to me within this chapter, that being 4. 'For if a person comes and preaches another Jesus, whom we did not preach, or you receive a different spirit, which you had not received, or a different gospel, which you had not accepted, you put up with it splendidly!' My guess from Paul's tone is that people were either being misled or being false to themselves, yet others were saying that they were false! We, as Christians, believe firmly believe in the one and only one true God in this world who will set us free. I believe this was Paul's vision, as there was still corruption within much of the people (noting the time was the Bronze Age, I think?)

Overall, I get the impression that Paul is filled with anger, but with righteous anger. Likely Paul was taken for a fool despite having so much done within the ministry of Corinth (hence called Corinthians), and God was most likely angry - not at Paul, but at the Corinthians there. It reminds me that Paul was making all of these negative statements out of LOVE, as opposed to human selfishness. Paul went to a point where he was so close to God, which is such a good reminder for every one of us.

Take care guys, and good luck to those on the OSSLT.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down