Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Corinthians 6 March 23

+3
josephpaik
jennifer
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

2 Corinthians 6 March 23 Empty 2 Corinthians 6 March 23

Post  Kevin Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:20 pm

hee
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

2 Corinthians 6 March 23 Empty Re: 2 Corinthians 6 March 23

Post  jennifer Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:03 pm

looks like we can snowboard once again! Smile
1 As God’s partners,[a] we beg you not to accept this marvelous gift of God’s kindness and then ignore it.
this verse says how not only should we accept God's gift of kindness, but we should also remember how incredibly priviledged we are to be able to have it. if we remember that, then it will never get ignored. Imagine youre saving up for many years, working your butt off to get this amazing gift ffor your partents, then they get happy when they recieve it, but a week after you see it lying under their bed collecting dust. that would feel really baddd. and ignoring God's gift is like doing that to him x alot :O so yeah! it just reminded me to remember how precious this gift is
8 We serve God whether people honor us or despise us, whether they slander us or praise us.
it shouldnt matter what others think of us serving God. we should do it for God, and by caring about what people think about us is kind of doing it for them, no? as long as it is good in God's eyes we shouldnt care. its really hard to not care though! so thats something i think everyone has to work on! Smile
thats what stood out to me in this passage today haha
hope you guys have a wonderful rest-of-today, and a great tomorrow!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:27 pm

Straight to it.

2 Corinthians 6

14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness shave in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?
This means to not be persuaded to drift away from God by hanging around with non believers. Dont get me wrong, it isn't a bad thing to chill with non believers but to get dragged down with them is what this verse is trying to avoid you from doing. Its saying non believers could never interact with the people who have faith because darkness and light dont interact and righteousness and wickedness dont match. How can WE be accepted if we are to be dragged down into the darkness.

18 I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.
If we dont drift away from God, he will guide us and Father us like we are his children for he is the Great Father Almighty and everything he does is for the best. In the previous verses it says touch no unclean thing then God will receive you. I think this means that you should always repent because after repenting, you are fully clean and purified of your sins. The next days, more sin is interacted with so you must always repent for God to accept you.

Good night.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:28 pm

5We have been beaten, put in jail, and hurt in riots. We have worked hard and have gone without sleep or food. 6But we have kept ourselves pure and have been understanding, patient, and kind. The Holy Spirit has been with us, and our love has been real. 7We have spoken the truth, and God's power has worked in us. In all our struggles we have said and done only what is right.
I thought that this was really deep~ haha
even though we have hard times as christians, its so awesome to be able to say that everything we did was right and good in God's eyes at the end of it all!

From this chapter I really got that patients is really important.
def. something i need to work on, but with patience, comes rewards.

man, today was actually a pretty fun day, but now im like dying of tiredness....... i swear i need like 30 hours of sleep atleast to function properly -.-
haha, anyways sweet dreams and have a good day tomorrow you guyssss! Smile
love youssssss ~
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:47 pm

Hey guys! Smile
I do have a few more things to finish up... hoping that they'll come out well, hahaha.

The first portion of this chapter talks to me about the idea of perseverance. The people at Paul's time went through even more than we do right now.... it made me think that punishment at that time would be ridiculously severe. Christians who were worshipping faced extreme consequences. Sam talked about this very often, and I'm sure it's still in our heads. Even Paul, when he was preaching, he had difficulties on the way because people were concerned about his shift in power - being one of the most powerful leaders to nearly that of a lowlife, seen by the Jews. As for us, if something traumatic happened in our lives, we would have our relationship with God even broken... but perseverance - endurance is such a cliché. It might seem simple, but in reality, it is something difficult to experience, especially in the worst of times.

I also liked verses 14 to 16 - why associate ourselves with unbelievers? It's just something to remind me that, I guess, there's so much more that our non-believer friends are missing. It really calls me to continue sharing what I feel and what I know... I was able to convince one this year, and I hope for even more.

There wasn't too much in this chapter, though I might look at this with a fresh pair of eyes.

Julian.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:03 am

Hahaha wow.
My computer shut off on me.
Anyways I'll post the most of what I wrote before

8 We serve God whether people honor us or despise us, whether they slander us or praise us. We are honest, but they call us impostors

People will look at us positively, negatively, but at the end of the day, who cares.
As long as we're doing it all for God, what does it matter.
As shown in more passages in this chapter, there will be peiple who'll try to bring us down.
People who want to see us fail.
As long as we place our faith in God and do it all for him
I believe that he won't allow us to fail.
I do believe that there will be hardships though.
But God will always pick us back up!

Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:17 am

Korean Music Shows are actually pretty fun... and I finally got my bass back.Razz

Well, now is the right time to listen, the day to be helped. Don't put it off; don't frustrate God's work by showing up late, throwing a question mark over everything we're doing. Our work as God's servants gets validated—or not—in the details.

So this is an important message. Though it doesn't directly pertain to us, I felt that it was important to try to apply it. When Paul wrote this, he was encouraging us to be strong Christians. He was saying that we should never put less than a 100% into God's work. Though this can apply to many things for many people, as a praise team, I think this verse speaks to us. As praise team members, we should always do our best not only as a Christian, but also in doing God's work. In earlier chapters and books, it says that everybody is under one body: the body of Christ. We all have different functions, but together, we are whole. This verse is now saying to do our best as a part of that body. Whenever we do something for God, we should give our all into it. From doing our devo's, to having our QT, and to practice, we should always put in our best efforts for God.

That's all I got. Good night!
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul 폴 Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:31 am

Yeah, I'm not in the mood to talk about my day, so I'll get straight to it.

3: We put no stumbling block in anyone's path, so that our ministry will not be discredited. 4: Rather, as servants of God, we commend ourselves in every way; in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses;
This chapter was a strong passage. Basically, whatever happens in our ministry, whether someone leaves or someone new joins, whether someone has lost someone/something or someone won something, our ministry must be there to support them, for it's God' ministry, and since it's our Father' ministry, we must obey his word everyday in every way.
No matter how we feel, no matter what mood we are in, we must support and give our everything, as it says in verse 4(........as servants of God, we comment ourselves in every way....), we must follow his word and His doings as He did Himself.

Sorry this is short.
Paul 폴
Paul 폴
minion

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down