Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Corinthians 12 March 31

+3
jennifer
Grace
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

2 Corinthians 12 March 31 Empty 2 Corinthians 12 March 31

Post  Kevin Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:23 pm

affraid
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

2 Corinthians 12 March 31 Empty Re: 2 Corinthians 12 March 31

Post  Grace Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:42 pm

Hey grade 10's, how was the literacy test today Razz thanks for the day off Smile
A lot of these chapters are beginning with Paul being all like "I dont wanna brag..... but if i were to brag.... id say this...." HAHAHA

9But he replied, "My kindness is all you need. My power is strongest when you are weak." So if Christ keeps giving me his power, I will gladly brag about how weak I am. 10Yes, I am glad to be weak or insulted or mistreated or to have troubles and sufferings, if it is for Christ. Because when I am weak, I am strong.
AMEN! Through our weakness, God will show his strength. He works his mighty power through our flaws, because through our imperfections, God reveals greatness.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:08 pm

9 Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 10 That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
from these verses, i got reminded that we must be joyful when we are going through hard times. because this is when you feel Gods love the most. he is the one standing by you, and he is the one thats taking your hand and helping you through this. being joyful, however doesnt mean that we have to be happy. JOY:[C13: from Old French joie, from Latin gaudium joy, from gaudēre to be glad] so we should be gladd in the tough parts of our lives. when we are weak, we need God to pick us up and set us on our feet again. that in turn makes us stronger. However, if we don't suffer at all, how will we know the true love and mercy of the Lord? only through suffering we will grow the most and feel the full extent of God.
yeeaaahhh hope you all are well!
see you tmmrr!! I love you
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:40 pm

Literacy Test= Easy peasy yeeee

2 Corinthians 12

21 I am afraid that when i come again my God will humble me before you, and i will be grieved over many who have sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual sin and debauchery in which they have indulged.

You shouldn't be afraid that God will humble anyone over anyone because God treats and humbles everyone equally. Even if people have sinned more than others, the people have sinned less is still a sinner. Just like in Moses's sermon on John. Whoever has not sinned throw the first stone, all walked away. This is a great example as to why nobody would grieve on anyone when they are with God because everyone is a sinner and the only person to ever grieve someone is God. Everyone is a sinner, and in order to be accepted in Gods kingdom, you must repent of any type of sin and accept that Jesus is your Lord and Savior.

ez
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:19 am

Hope the literacy test was easy for you grade 10s, haha. Thanks for giving us a good break today... although I'm still not feeling so well this week. I'm not feeling sick... I just somewhat feel out of it now, after having one of my marks plummet, and maybe just feeling anxious about universities... it made me feel quite spiritually 'sick' today actually. I brought this out to fellowship today, prayed for some time, and the day got a little bit better. God is good all the time - all the time, God is good. Though I still am angry that my friend told me last minute he needed my guitar for a performance... so I hope I can get everything down by tomorrow. I'm sorry guys.

Verse 10 is one of the verses that I can actually refer to... considering my current situation as it stands. It says, 'So because of Christ, I am pleased in weaknesses, in insults, in catastrophes, in persecutions, and in pressures. For when I am weak, then I am strong. It made me think of everything that's happened this entire month, actually. My school life isn't too hot this year... tutoring many kids who want my help for music and math actually make me feel a little pressured, leading 'failing' ensembles is making me annoyed, and being in situations with that atheist friend of mine makes me, I guess, 'persecuted'. These are all troubles that I face, but I know that it's in God's ultimate plan that I can suffer.

I went to missions the past August, helping the natives there. It was a great experience, but looking back at it, Moses said so many important things to me, and as an encouragement, he mentioned that I should keep suffering for Christ. I didn't really know what it truly meant, but now I really do. And by surviving these obstacles, God really made me stronger. He made me aware that problems exist because of this sinful world - the one that he predicted anyway.

I also got a whole lot out of verse 20, which says, 'For I fear that perhaps when I come I will not find you to be what you want; there may be quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambitions, slander, gossip, arrogance, and disorder.' I know this relates to the Corinthian church at the time, but something came to mind.

Last Sunday after baptism class, I got a call from a buddy of mine, who's to be the next leader of fellowship next year. He told me that the situation in his church isn't so great. He's such a great worshipper for Christ, having talked with him so many times. He told me that the worship in his church is pathetic... not musically, but more so spiritually - people want the music as a catalyst for worship, when worship is just giving something precious to God in any form... especially lifestyle. He's still frustrated and angry at the situation, and so I might have to leave one service to help him out... he's not baptised, so he also doesn't get to have much of a say despite that his words actually have value... just saying. : (

Take care guys, God bless, and have a great day tomorrow!

Jules.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:22 am

Just thinkin' 'bout tomorrow, clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow, 'till there's none...

I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness.

When God made us, I think he had in mind what strengths and weaknesses we would have, after all, he is the sovereign God, but I don't think that it is unfair to have those weaknesses, nor is it something God gave us to make us labour for no reason. First of all, it's by God's grace that we have strength. If God didn't want us, why would he bother giving us individualities? I think that God recognized what we can do with those weaknesses, or rather, what we don't do. In a book I read about good leadership, one of the first things the author mentioned was that good leaders can not possibly be good at every aspect of their leadership. He explains that if we spend too much energy trying to well round ourselves, we may not be able to nourish the potential we have at things we are good at. Not to say to be so narrow-minded, but if we concentrate on the set of gifts God has given us, that energy that goes into trying to fix our un-fixable problems would be so much more concentrated. Though we should all try to fix our weaknesses, we should always look forward in terms of the strengths God has given us.

DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:41 am

maaan, I'm feeling like crap today. :/
Can I even say that on the forum? Well, anyway, idk.
Everything was good, did well on the lit test and hung out with friends and then I just felt all angry when I got home. Ugh.
Anyway.

10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
You know how I said I was feeling ick today?
I'm trying to repeat this in my head.
Remember that we can't understand EVERYTHING God does and we probably never will. All we can trust is that God doesn't put us through anything we cannot handle.

14 ...After all, children should not have to save up for their parents, but parents for their children.
Hmm, obviously the younger kids in our ministry aren't our children but in this way, we have to try to interact with them and get to know THEM better.

Okay, that's all. Sorry that was so ... unsatisfactory.
I will kick myself for it later.
Peaceeee
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:48 am

Hey guys
Nothing really stuck out to me in this chapter
It seems to be more of the same from yesterday about boasting and what not.

See you guys tomorrow.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down