Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Corinthians 7 March 24

+4
josephpaik
Grace
jennifer
Kevin
8 posters

Go down

2 Corinthians 7 March 24 Empty 2 Corinthians 7 March 24

Post  Kevin Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:21 pm

What a Face
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

2 Corinthians 7 March 24 Empty Re: 2 Corinthians 7 March 24

Post  jennifer Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:28 pm

^creepyyy
10 For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There’s no regret for that kind of sorrow. But worldly sorrow, which lacks repentance, results in spiritual death.
i remember talking about how God gets mad at us becuase he loves us. loving us isnt always being nice. those words are two different things. just like anger, God wants us to experience sorrow to that we could feel guilt for the sins that we have done and repent for OUR salvation. God wants us to have salvation so he wants us to be sorrowful and repent no matter how bad we dont like it. like parents and veggies Smile
thats basically what i learned today haha
see yall tmr! I love you
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:42 pm

Haha yes Friday's tomorrow...finally...

9 Now I am glad I sent it, not because it hurt you, but because the pain caused you to repent and change your ways. It was the kind of sorrow God wants his people to have, so you were not harmed by us in any way. 10 For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There’s no regret for that kind of sorrow. But worldly sorrow, which lacks repentance, results in spiritual death.

This passage shows that God will not punish us, but shove is in the right direction through tough love. Nothing that God ever does is out of "bad" anger. The only anger he would ever show is for a good intention. When we experience sorrow through God, it's so that we get shoved in the right direction. I feel at times, the most of us probably sometimes get angry at God when we feel like he "punishes" us but that's the opposite of what it is.

I also took note of the part whree it says God wants us to experience sorrow. My thinking is that the reason behind this is that without sorrow or sadness, why would we ever want/need to look to God if we had no hardships. I don't know about you guys but I'm actually glad that we have hardships in our lives. I like the fact that our lives aren't perfect to the point where we don't rely on God. And i understand some of us right now aren't having the greatest times our lives but don't be discouraged, look to God for help.

See you guys tomorrow!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:58 pm

Verse 9 and 10 really stood out to me~ it really made me think...
When God makes us feel sorry, he uses that to turn us closer to him... And it's really true! It makes us want to become better people and helps us turn away from evil things, but when the world makes you feel guilty... It's so sad what can happen. It says here that it can lead to death... When I read this, it made me think of alll of those poor people who took their own lives away out of misery Sad
we need to confront our own faults and ask God for forgivness and try to live a better life after knowing what you did wrong... When it ends in death, it's so tragic and it's honestly not worth it because ultimately the only one to decide when we go, is God.
I think this is something serious that we all need to be aware of... When we are. Struggling , don't everrrrrrrr feel like your worth any less, use it so that you become closer to God.
Honestly I don't really understand how it is to be seriously depressed or feel horribly guilty... But it's something good to keep in mind. God uses our weaknesses to make us stronger and to show his glory, because through your flaws, he will do miraculous things! Smile

finally it's the weekend after tmrw... This week has gone by so slowly -.-
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:03 am

Jen dont forget you're doing devos tomorrow!
Today i was singing and i was so tone deaf....
kevin was like "you're dumb"
HAHA im excited for tomorrow.
2 Corinthians 7

16 I am glad i can have complete confidence in you.
This really spoke to me because now i know and feel more comfortable giving everything i have to God. In the chapter it states a story of a person talking to God. It shows that whatever he does, he always talk to God about it and in everything he does he refers it to God.
We should start to live that way in order to become closer in our Christian walk with Him. Through everything he does, by the end of it he is happy that he has complete confidence in Christ because he knows that through everything, God is always watching and helping him go into the correct path.

Thats all i got.
EZ
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:09 am

Hey guys... thinking that I would have more free time today, I actually didn't... I ended up having a lot of work this week, even today. I'm not in the brightest mood, and that'll probably be shown tomorrow. Things've been slowly on the falling, in terms of my optimism.

I'll say that I've been thinking about ME all the time... as opposed to God who really deserves it all. I'm stressed from the amount of schoolwork, which isn't even all of it. One of the ensembles I lead in has a big number of people who have potential to be talented, but who choose not to be and don't even have the attitude. We're a much better group, both socially and musically... it's tough, because I'll be straight up with it, people have been giving me a pile of crap lately, and then there's so much admin issues... which is why I'm so angry and mad at myself. Sorry this has to be a long intro, but it's something I DO need prayer for. The university issue is fine so far... I feel confident God'll put me in a great school, but this issue is making me doubt so much - it's making me grieve.

When we become angry, I think we often think of ourselves at most. I always like adding to prayer, 'Less of us, and more of You...' which always helps me to remind us that we shouldn't grieve, even if we messed up and did wrong. I definitely should have felt myself falling on my knees, but I put God out of the picture in so many of these cases. I just didn't have the heart in it. I don't blame God for these things - in fact, I'm thankful because it puts another chapter in my life. It tells me that I should repent and take it seriously, which I really never have. Like Kevin said, it's about seeking advice - help from God, the father of knowledge.

After all, we're called to Ask, Seek, and Knock, right?
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:14 am

Straight to my devo.

And now, isn't it wonderful all the ways in which this distress has goaded you closer to God? You're more alive, more concerned, more sensitive, more reverent, more human, more passionate, more responsible.

One of the questions that bother christians and spark skepticism in atheists is "why doesn't God care for us? As a Father, he leaves us in times of distress and trouble." What I've been told by my dad, pastors, etc. is that God puts in hard situations so that we can get closer-an all in all extremely vague answer. What I like about this verse is that all those mysteries about why God does it is so that we can have better virtues. With better virtues, it's easier to build a relationship with God and other people. Though there are times when we do have spiritual troubles, overcoming them makes us stronger. "What doesn't kill me makes me stronger". I think the same concept applies here. Our hearts harden throughout the troubles that we overcome. It doesn't harden against God, but against sin. Our values become set in stone and our faith becomes solid. So don't give up during hard times. Though it brings us down, think about how much more we gain when we pass the trials God set out for us.

Good Night and see you all tomorrow!
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul 폴 Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:09 am

Hey, peops.
I'm tired today and really down, I'll do it tomorrow, I promise.
Paul 폴
Paul 폴
minion

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:30 am

ugh, I was posting the devo and then my computer got messed up. The keys went all weird and I couldn't press the enter button. I couldn't type letters and yeah. SORRY. ):
Ugh, basically I wrote along the lines of what you guys were saying about tough love and such.

Anyway, I guess I'm going to sleep and I'll see you guys tomorroww.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down