Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romans 10

4 posters

Go down

Romans 10 Empty Romans 10

Post  Kevin Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:18 pm

Q--('.'Q)

^Can anyone name what this is.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Romans 10 Empty Re: Romans 10

Post  Kevin Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:42 pm

9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. 11 As the Scriptures tell us, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be disgraced.”
Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I think this passage is saying is that believing with your heart is much more significant. To be made right with God, and to be saved. Both these things are different and I personally think as well that being made right with God is more sacred. Anyone can say I believe in Jesus Christ our saviour who died for our sins but to truly have that heart and to show your actions is much more meaningful.

14 But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? 15 And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, “How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!”
No one can do any of these things if they aren't aware of the good news. A person who has never heard of God or Christ can never be expected to share the news. I think we should all give thanks to our God that we have been lucky enough to be born in a community where we are able to worship God freely or let alone the fact that we have been able to HEAR about our God. But since we have been blessed with this privillege, I think we should take as much as advantage of it and share the news because we get to.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:02 am

WOOOOW my computer just randomly shut off and said "Windows is Configuring...17%" Evil or Very Mad SO ANGRY
ill give you guys the gist of what i was saying Neutral

like kevin said, anyone can say that they beleive in Jesus and that He is their saviour and all but if they dont actually have Him in their heart, and if they dont actually have a relationship with Him, what theyre saying really means nothing. They can recite the whole Bible, know every little fact and theory that there is about God, but if their heart isnt there, then what's the point? Everyone says that we should pray everyday, read the bible, "act like a Christian" and tell others about Jesus, but i dont think that these are the main ffactors of being a Christian. If you have a relationship with Him, if you have Him in your heart, then those actions come as a reaction to this. You'll want to read the bible everyday, you'll want to pray to Him everyday, and you'll want others to know about Him more.
The core part of being a Christian is loving, having a relationship and believing in Him, then the rest will come after.
yueuppperss! i liked this passage in particular!
13 For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”[g]

14 But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? 15 And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, “How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!”[h]

jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:44 am

Romans 10:

Something that stood out to me was verse 4: Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes. It's something that made me realize that God is the law - from the beginning to the end, God is our law so that following him will allow us to be righteous as he gives us all the opportunity to do so...

The majority of the content here really made me think about 'The Saving One' - I remember doing this song and never really thinking deeply about it... but I mean, anyone who calls upon him will be saved - it's so true. The truth is here, and all God wants us to do is simply apply it, which doesn't seem to be much of a task. We're all at fault because we really don't have a proper excuse. Not all the Israelites believed - I think it's because the majority of the Israelites (the Jews) didn't want change. If you feel superior compared to a Gentile, you think you feel higher than someone else. In other words, pride could have been one thing, and if not that, there are so many who just haven't heard the message or refuse to believe in it. I mean, skeptics exist everywhere!

Verse 21 made me really see how bluntly Israel was in their situation - All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and obstinate people.

- Julian.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:26 am

2 For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. 3 Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness.
This verse, ...I thought it was kind of confusing. Someone will have to explain this to me tomorrow, but I thought that it was basically saying that you can't love God without really knowing God? You can't say you love a band if you don't know anything about them, and you know so little songs by them? In the same way, if, in reality, you only know of Christ but not actually know him, you're not really in a position to preach about him and tell people how to get closer to him.

It really is what's in the heart that matters!

9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
This just reminded me of what Moses said last week. Words are so important!

Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down