Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROMANS 13

5 posters

Go down

ROMANS 13 Empty ROMANS 13

Post  Cathy Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:13 am

Helloooo!
hahaha devos in the morning? thats new for me.

but anywaysss
The first part of the chapter was about OBEYING THE LAW. im not gonna lie, i kept thinking of law and history when i read this because this passage is what people used to justify that the king is like.. god. and thats why dictatorships and monarchies happened, because of ABUSE OF POWER! lalala (lets protect our civil liberties. CCLA, save me.) wow anyways.. what im trying to say is that sometimes maybe ppl take this passage too far, or they dont take it into consideration at all. We can't let the government take away all our rights and abuse us and oppress us, but we also need to have a sense of respect for the government. Taxes? Stupid regulations? Yeah they may seem insignificant but like the passages said, God has blessed these authorities and hopefully they're working for the good of the whole nation. And so we should, too, in turn.

The second part is about lOVEEEE.
Love your neighbor as yourself."[b] 10Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
This verse really simplifies everything. A lot of non-christians complain that christianity is too complicated.. There are too many rules, they contradict each other, blah blah. But when it comes down to it, its really all about love. Because God is love and we are made in the image of God, so we too, are.. love.. and if we are love and we are called to love by our very nature then we should make it a priority to show love. NOt only to our friends and family and those who love us back, but for everyone. because God loves EVERYONE, no matter what they've done or how many times they've turned their back to him. This is a great message to hear bright and early in the morning. I'm gonna go and spread the love now.

Toodles! Have a great day everyone! Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

ROMANS 13 Empty Re: ROMANS 13

Post  Grace Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:39 pm

8Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. 9The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet,"[a] and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself."[b] 10Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
11And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.

Love one another as yourself. I think that ones a lot tougher than any one of us may think. We're not perfect, and we tend to judge, even though we try not to. There are people we like, and people we dont like. It's harder to send love to someone that you do not get along with than it is to someone who you are close with and get a long with. We tend to ignore those who dont look like they would fit in with us, and outcast them for different reasons whether it is because they are gay, druggies, etc etc but doesnt everyone deserve a chance to know God? to fix their wrongs? 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. There are ten commandments, but one that comes up continually in every book in the bible is def "worship God only" but theres also "love your neighbor as yourself", We need to try not to judge and love EVERYONE because God loves ALLLLL of us, no matter what wrongs we commit. Jesus came to this earth and never judged someone, he showed compassion to those who never recieved love or attention. We need to be more like Christ.
The song Light of Salvation (desperation band) came to mind right away when i read 12The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.[/color]

LONG DAY, i have civics homework Sad soar all over from my workout today in fitness.... intense ab workout... ouch ! haha
made my resume, almost done my cover letter Very Happy going to apply to sport check and american eagle Smile isaac i know you said its not good, but i need a job... HAHAHAHHAHA
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:02 pm

3 For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you.4 The authorities are God's servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God's servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong.

Obey God and your safe. I thought about it, it's easy and really hard at the same time. Just listen to God and his rules. But we sin and go against God everyday. Kay, nevermind it's actually really hard. haha. The authoriites are God and his angels. I always hear demon stories of people getting attacked and what not, just like this sunday from pastor Dennis. My thoughts are that though if we live a life of acceptance of Jesus as our saviour, DEMONS CANT DO JACK. Haha but that's why most people we hear about getting demon attacks or encounters always live to tell the tale. They always survive, because God's looking after us.

that's what i got.
see you guys friday!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:26 am

hello all, and to all a good night

i hate work
i also hate work
and reading... and work

" Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. 2 So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished."
This explains why we are not allowed to drink now. Not because its bad, not because its not a good influence, but because we are underage. And thats a rule from the government, given by God.

Great chapter...

Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:24 am

Hey guys, i feel HORRIBLE, i'm feel rele sick and
my eyes burn jst to look at the comuter screen so i dunt think
i'll type it up... sorry guys, and i did did read it from the bible tho...
gnite guys...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down