Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romans 7

+2
josephpaik
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

Romans 7 Empty Romans 7

Post  Kevin Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:35 pm

cyclops
Suspect
cyclops
Suspect
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Romans 7 Empty Re: Romans 7

Post  josephpaik Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:38 pm

Romans 7

9-10
Once i was alive apart from law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and i died. I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death.

i think this verse is telling us that if you decide to live apart from the law and away from Jesus, you will be led by sin which will only lead to death. If you arent to obey the commandments you are to be brought death. Obviously, we should all follow the 10 commandments and if unable, we should always repent and ask for forgiveness.

Thanks be to God.............. So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

This means that even if you are a servant of God and follow his laws, you will also be a slave to sin and follow the laws of sin. But sinning is a natural thing in human life. God will love you either way but it is always best to repent for forgiveness even knowing God still loves you.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:27 am

Hey guys!

Looks like I'm going to be extremely tired tomorrow... I hope I seize the day! Smile Rehearsals and setups'll basically tire me out... but I pray that it'll all go well regardless! I guess this'll be my anecdote... simply that I'm BOUND by many things.

The chapter begins with a good analogy of the law. Now, law was created in order to stabilize peace - we have the rule of law (basically, no one's above the law regardless of where we are). Why? If we didn't have laws about crime or torts, there would be chaos everywhere. They're made because it's to protect us from committing immoral actions. The marriage example seems to be a little interesting, but for simplicity, I'll dive into the real lesson taught here. We're currently bound to Christ's law - simply because we're slaves to God from our uncleanliness.

(Verse 5 makes that clear - For when we were controlled by the sinful nature, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in our bodies,so that we bore fruit for death. But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.)

What happens is that once we join God in heaven, (being released by the spirit?) the law also becomes released. Why? There's no need for it - our bodies have been cleansed, where we don't live in our past, but in God's plan - the future.

Verses 11 and 12 really stood out to me in awe: 'For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, decieved me, and through the commandment put me to death. So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous, and good.'

I'm not so sure how to explain verse 11... I'm going to re-read it over later.

The rest of it seems interesting enough. I think the best way I could explain the paragraph from verse 14 to 20 is basically:
- We don't do what we DESIRE, but we hate what we're doing
- If we do these things we hate, sin lives in us?
- We continue to do the evil we don't want to do - this is the struggle of sin

My way to interpret this is that sometimes, misinterpreting the law causes us to be bounded by so many rules that makes us hate what we think might be righteous when it really isn't. What we should desire for God is the righteous idea.

It was an interesting thing to read tonight. I might add on tomorrow.

- Julian.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:30 am

Hey guys, my internet was down so I didn't post but I still did devos!
I'll share what I got from Romans 6!

7 For when we died with Christ we were set free from the power of sin.

10 When he died, he died once to break the power of sin. But now that he lives, he lives for the glory of God. 11 So you also should consider yourselves to be dead to the power of sin and alive to God through Christ Jesus.

I read the first passage, and it really reminded me that Jesus didn't ONLY die for us, we also died WITH him. It isn't a one way relationship where Jesus does everything for us but we continue on with our lives as if he never did. But I find that we all tend to do that. And then I read the second passage, it mentions that Jesus died for our sin, and he lives for our God one and only and that we should too live like Jesus. After reading this, it constantly reminds me that we need to be LIKE Jesus. Do the things that he would do. WWJD right? Ahaha.

Romans 7

13 But how can that be? Did the law, which is good, cause my death? Of course not! Sin used what was good to bring about my condemnation to death. So we can see how terrible sin really is. It uses God’s good commands for its own evil purposes.

This chapter really talks a lot about sin and laws. It was mentioned that since we have rules, sin takes advantage of that and takes over our lives. I'm sure everyone has heard rules are made to be broken and that we can't help breaking the rules, but that definitely doesn't mean that we SHOULD break them. Sin takes advantage of these laws and work inside of us to break these laws But that definitely doesn't make rules a bad thing. It even mentions, the laws are holy and good. It just goes to show how powerful sin is and how much it influences our lives but I think that God should and really needs to be our biggest influence in life. There is no better influence than our God.

Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:48 am

Hey guys! Hope you all had a good day!
I felt like I was going insane today.. It one one of those days where I was just so tired to the point where I just felt hyper.... Hahahaha
I'm going to keep it really short today :s

So basically what I got from this chapter was that sin is temptations of the world we face everyday, and it's a struggle. It's a constant battle between our selfishness and what God wants.
But that's how it needs to be.
Sin is a part of our lives, but as Christians, we need to try our best to fight agaisnt it.
It's tough, but always remember that you're never alone when you're facing tough times. God is there with you, helping you and guiding your every move Smile

Love yousssssss! And good night ~
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:44 am

aha sooo sorry for posting it late. I actually got home at like 4:15...
this will prob be one of my last late ones... sorry niggas

10 I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death.

Wow, this quote was like wth to me. It was something very different. Because of the commandment, we brought death. Because the commandment was laid down that we had an option to break the commandment. This isn't something you hear everyday. Something that was supposed to be good to us brought death. man I don't know what else to say about this but to say that I'm kinda confused. later on it says how the commandment is holy the only reason why we can't follow the commandments are because we are not holy. Because we break the law, we are not holy, and by not being holy, we are separating from God. That's very sad to hear.

13 Did that which is good, then, become death to me? By no means! Nevertheless, in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it used what is good to bring about my death, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful.

Aha so this made things a little more clear to me. What this is saying because the Commandments were set that we recognize what sin is. That because of it, when we sin, we know that what we are doing is something unholy, something that's very sinful.

25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin

I am soo confused right now. If anyone reads this and can tell me a better description I would be soo happy. When Christ died for us, it said that we were no longer slaves to sin but in here it says we are both slaves to God and slaves to sin. I guess it is saying that we were naturally born sinners so we are still linked to sin but because of Christ we are still alive and is connected to God. Wait I kinda get what it is saying. For example some of you were born in Canada or were Born in Korea. But No matter what we are still considered Koreans but because we are living in Canada and have our citizenship, we are Canadians also. hmmm that's a bit better
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:57 am

Sorry guys, I've been superrrrr busy. :$
School is being really 'sdkvjsdlvjlsdkjvsldkvklajca' to me! Haha ):

Anyway, I'll post up for the past two days and and tomorrow .., tomorrow. LOL SORRY GUYS!

Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:52 am

Eeeep, late postsss. Sorrysorryy!

14 So the trouble is not with the law, for it is spiritual and good. The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin. 15 I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate. 16 But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good.

This basically describes where I'm at in my 'spiritual journey'. It explains how our thoughts are always conflicting with each other. 'I want to, but I don't.' 'I like it, but not really.'
Most people know when they're doing something wrong, but never take the initiative to change it.
I think it's relieving to know that someone in the bible felt how you feel. It shows you that it's possible to get where they were because they've been where you are.

Most of the rest of the chapter repeats this and talks about how even with the God in our lives, we don't have an excuse to sin and not repent.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down