Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROMANS 14 (nov 11)

+3
Cathy
Kevin
Grace
7 posters

Go down

ROMANS 14 (nov 11) Empty ROMANS 14 (nov 11)

Post  Grace Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:43 pm

remembrance day !!!
yeeee missed half of math for an assembly, sick stuff
so... i stabbed my fingers like 20 times today cause of that poppy Sad hurts so much LOL i have like 3 bandaids on my fingers HAHA

1Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters.
its so important to try and not judge others because of their complexes, everyone is the same in God's eyes.
gift of compassion !

2One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him.
we shouldnt avoud them, put them down or look at them like somethings wrong with them. No one is perfect, and they may be non christians, they may not know God, they may not know more than you when it comes to the bible or spiritual war fare, but should we look down on them? NO we need to help them ! becuase God accepted them, and we need to bring them closer, help them GROWW ! Thats what brothers and sisters in Christ are for Smile

4Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
HAHA i read this, and really we dont have any right to judge others. We have flaws too, and the Lord is the one who gives us strength. We tend to put others down, or we are the ones that are put down, but we need to remembe that the Lord is with us, He is our master,and if we fall.. He is able to make us stand strong again !

i really liked todays chapter. It makes you think twice. I think one of man's greatest complex's is pride. We are sinners, and yet we think we are so much better than someone else... we're all equal in God's eyes, because no one is perfect other than Him. We need to show compassion to one another, not make them stumble, but help them up, struggle together and bring him/her out of their struggle. We are family, we are brothers and sisters in Christ! sons and daughters of God. Jesus died for the righteous and the unrighteous. we need to let them know that they too recieved salvation. I think that this is def something i need to work on. Pray hard, and act on your word!

going to make cupcakes Very Happy hahahaha have a good night guys !
I THINK I GOT MY 90 AVERAGE Very Happy all that praying and studying payed off.... hopefully... haha
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

ROMANS 14 (nov 11) Empty Re: ROMANS 14 (nov 11)

Post  Kevin Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:15 pm

8 If we live, it's to honor the Lord. And if we die, it's to honor the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord 9 Christ died and rose again for this very purpose—to be Lord both of the living and of the dead

Mann i really liked this passage. It really speaks of how everything we do is for God. Whether we're dead, or living right now, it's all for God. We gotta keep in mind that we're doing everything for God. I often hear that people ask since Jesus died for all our sins, and saved us from hell, what happened to the people that weren't saved before jesus' time and got sent to hell. Verse 9 answers the question. Christ died for the living and the dead. He saved people from hell and keeps us from hell. He's doing alot for us and that's really why he deserves everything and we should do everything for him.

23 But if you have doubts about whether or not you should eat something, you are sinning if you go ahead and do it. For you are not following your convictions. If you do anything you believe is not right, you are sinning

I like this verse too because it was about decisioins. If i were to do something that i wasn't completely sure of was bad or good, and i did it anyways, the bible states that as sin. And i really reflect froom that and it's logical. It's sinning because it's chancing with God. Sin is like completely rejecting God. And if we gamble with sin, it's gambling with God as well and God doesn't deserve to be gambled with.

that's what I got with today's chapter. I thought it was great.
see you guys friday.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:36 pm

WHY IS MY THROAT STILL SORE? Sad

I liked this chapter because it directly related to something ive been thinking about.. yesterday me and isaac were talking about catholics and the different traditions that they follow and believe, most of them which aren't scriptural.. like saints, purgatory, the sacraments, etc. we were wondering how they are in the eyes of God and like. what happens to them.. I was actually baptized catholic and i go to a catholic school so i know quite a bit of the catholic faith..
And haha im not gonna lie i often find myself judging catholics, because i think that they focus too much on tradition and man-made rules, rather than the scriptures and the teachings of Jesus. But this chapter makes it clear that all of that is insignificant.. Paul uses the example of the differences in what people eat. Paul says that in God's eyes, it doesn't matter because all food is clean, but some people are more weak, and they choose to be more careful in what they eat.
"The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. "
This verse tells us that neither side has the right to judge each other, becuase God has accepted both. But if what someone is doing is bothering the other person, they should not do it because the last thing that we should be doing is hindering each other in our faith.. i think this level ofunderstanding and acceptance is so important especially when there's so many different denominations of christianity that exist EVERYWHERE we go.. there's always going to be be people that believe in some different rules and traditions, but we cannot allow it to divide us and hinder us in our faiths..
"17For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men. "
Because in the end, it's not that which matters, but it's all about RIGHTEOUSNESS, PEACE AND JOY in the HOLY SPIRIT. and when it comes down to it, those main principles in christianity remains the same, and it is those things that are pleasing to God Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:31 am

" But another believer with a sensitive conscience will eat only vegetables."
soffft
"If we live, it’s to honor the Lord. "
Our moto "Always worship" is reflected in this verse. Our entire life should be lived to honor God. Nothing less, in my opinion, is acceptable. Now that we have a chance to serve him, we can honor him.
"Blessed are those who don’t feel guilty for doing something they have decided is right."
I love this verse. This whole chapter is based on "everything is permissible, but not everything is acceptable" and "dont do anything to cause others to sin".
This chapter isnt just about eating, its just an example. You could take out "eating" with almost any other sin or questionable behavior and it would fit.

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:37 am

EWW!! I was Sick and I had to play the Trumpet for the remembrence day
essembly, when i didnt play the trumpet for about 5 months... It was horrible but
i got to miss 1st 2 periods... I got to the conclusion of cockyness being able to
move through genetics, I always thought i was cocky but my dad's comment was HORRIBLE!!
My Dad: My friend was jst amazed at Billy saying he's HANDSOM!!! Man, You better thank me Billy
that u look Exactly LIKE ME!! U should have seen me when I was your age, ur grandmother would say
u don't even look as half as good as ur dad!! LMAO!!! gave me a RELE good laugh today...

8If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

Good Verse, We BELONG TO THE LORD!!! SICK and powerful LINE!! I remember Jacob said one day.
Everything we do, We do it for GOD!! when ever we take a 똥, we do it for god, whenever we
get up for school and study at school, we do it for god, whenever we make out with our GF's or
BF's (For cathy and grace) we do it for god. All these examples were given by jacob, No LIE!!
So watever, we do represents our thanks to god so we better do wat we do with our WHOLE Effort.

15If your brother is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy your brother for whom Christ died.

Strong message here. If anybody is judging you for ANY REASON, they are not loving each other and
also showing hate. Christ died for EVERYBODY meaning EVERYBODY is a sinner. Same said no matter
wat we do, sin is a sin, there are no levels of sin, u kill or u lie or both, they are all WORTH THE SAME,
and we all have lied b4, and commited other sins, so we have NO RIGHT to judge each other...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:48 am

Sorry guys, this has been like my midterm teachers shoving everything they can week

wow, very true.

If you are too lost in criticizing others, you will soon forget the whole point of your faith. It was like the Simpson episode, where homer finds his own way to worship God. The problem, was his intentions were wrong. He just wanted to stay home and miss church, but I think it was a reference to today's chapter. It's all about your intentions to honor God. I can easily see this chapter being abused. I f you have the intentions of honoring God, no one has the right to criticize you. I think that it allows you to do whatever you want, in the base that you are doing this 100% for God, but you are more likely to steer from the path.

k that is all c ya guys

P.s. I am criticizing billy for his horrible trumpet playing at today's ceremony
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:50 am

[quote="Allan"
P.s. I am criticizing billy for his horrible trumpet playing at today's ceremony[/quote]
AHAHAHA OWNED
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:56 am

Sick Devos. I did do them yesterday, and i will post tonight. arggh
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down