Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romans 6

+5
julian
josephpaik
Grace
Kevin
Isaac
9 posters

Go down

Romans 6 Empty Romans 6

Post  Isaac Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:24 pm

tsk tsk,
kevin you gotta keep these updated! :p
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Romans 6 Empty Re: Romans 6

Post  Isaac Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:22 am

gotta love color coded names =D
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:40 pm

agreed! ahha
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:15 pm

I LOVE THE COLOURED NAMESSSSS Very Happy nice nice, props! hahahaha

I'm going to do my devos earlier than usual today Smile hehe

12Don't let sin rule your body. After all, your body is bound to die, so don't obey its desires 13or let any part of it become a slave of evil. Give yourselves to God, as people who have been raised from death to life. Make every part of your body a slave that pleases God.
YES! it's like i always say. Our lives here are so short compared the the eternity we can spend with God afterwards. Don't go about the ways of the world, because we were made to leave it... but do what pleases God. Live your lives for God. Live what you were made to do, to please Him, to praise Him, to spread his word and love! God should be our reason to live, our number 1!

17You used to be slaves of sin. But I thank God that with all your heart you obeyed the teaching you received from me. 18Now you are set free from sin and are slaves who please God.
Sin seems to have such a strong grip on us... and its true that none of us are perfect in any way... but we need to remember that we became free, we were released from sin's ruling over us the moment Christ was crucified on the cross~
We can't let it control us, take over us so easily. Even if we mess up once in a while, we need to always try to put up a fight~
God knows we're not perfect, but He loves us so much, and thats why He gave us the chance to be able to go to heaven. Lets take that chance Smile

23Sin pays off with death. But God's gift is eternal life given by Jesus Christ our Lord.
It's like ive been saying. We need to look at the bigger picture. When we live sinfully, by the rules of the world, things seem to be easier and more fun... like people who go to a lot of parties in highschool and etc. But should we take what the world offers us? Or the best gift, the gift from God, to recieve eternal life?

When it's written down it seems so easy... i know... but its actually really hard. Let's all pray to stay strong in the Lord and to grow faithfully in Christ. None of us are perfect, but we can always try to be more like Christ.
Start with the simple things.
Obey your parents, be polite, show kindness etc.
then work your way up to the bigger things!
Its all done step by step Smile

Love you all I love you
hope everyone's had a good start to their week Very Happy
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:17 pm

Romans 6

What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means!

This verse is saying is it okay to sin because we are under the law of grace. OF COURSE not! Even if we are to sin without knowing in our everyday life, it is always a good idea to repent and ask for forgiveness even if you're under the law of grace and righteousness.

But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

To me, i think this means that IF you are devoted to God and give your life for him then you are lead to holiness with the result of eternal life. But if you do not then the wages of sin, leads to death. What i think we should all do is always devote everything we do to God and do it to our fullest capability. For God gave us a second chance and the only way we can repay him back is to give OUR lives for him and do everything for GOD and only GOD.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:24 am

Romans 6:

Hey guys! I'm a little tired today from some of the work, but then again it's usual... it doesn't matter, since God's always with me. The one thing I like about doing devos is that it calms me down and relaxes me... which is also a plus to sharing what I feel! Smile

A lot of the chapter basically deals greatly with sin. We've all undergone sin and continue to do so... it's part of human nature. I even remember Sam's point that sin is TEMPORARILY fun - otherwise, there would be no point in doing it. It's what sets God apart from us - the holy ones and the unholy one.

Really, we seem to have almost no excuse for committing sin. I'll refer back to verse 6: For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin. We SHOULDN'T be slaves to sin, but all know deep down that this is impossible for any human. No matter how good our works might seem, they all fall short of the glory of God (connection to prior chapters). We're simply dead in sin as the title says. In a greater sense, we're trapped in it. Some of us do less and some of us do more. Does it matter? Again, sin is sin, and God weighs us all the same. So we can try and be a perfectionist for our own selves, but ultimately we're still dead in sin.

It doesn't matter though - Christ is our saviour and he's here to make us alive again - God calls us to perform good works - not for the sake of our own pride or for the sake of doing works themselves, but rather to do all we can for Christ. That's what verse 12 made me think about - (Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires.) I always looked back and thought that even though Christ forgives us for our sins, we would have to try our best anyway. This is one of the pieces that made me reflect about that.

Verse fourteen also made something pretty clear for me - (For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace). This is still something I'm thinking about, in my head - Is God my master, or is it sin? I'm sure God hates to be worshiped along with sin... Of course, my heart says God, but my actions say sin. It's making me tremble a little right now, but I know it's something I have to keep praying about. And I will be!

The response to my question arrives at verse 22 to 23:
(But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord).

The point here is overall clear, but this is just something for me to pray about - that every one of us will fall as servants to God, in hopes for God's gifts and his everlasting life he plans for us!

- Julian.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Romans 6 Empty Romans 6

Post  Paul 폴 Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:16 am

Hey peops~~~
So, today has been a very DRAGGY day 'cause I was tired, I skipped breakfast and lunch, and I had fitness test, which I had no energy for.
Ended up doing 46 push ups, 50[in a min] sit ups, 36 laps in 12 min run and -2 in sit & reach. x.x So bad.....

14: For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.
I thought about this passage for a while (and started an argument w/ myself lol! ) 'cause it really explained and bulls-eyed what I do in life. This really summarized what WE do in life, we sin everyday w/ or w/o even knowing, but we're still living for God in Jesus Christ. Then, I started thinking,"If we're living for God in Jesus Christ, how come we sin so many times everyday w/o even caring and always asking for forgiveness at the end of the day???" No one wakes up in the morning and says "Ahh~ What a good morning! I think I should sin a lot today, it doesn't matter, God will forgive me anyways." It's BECAUSE we KNOW we are sinning that makes it so bad and ask for forgiveness at the end of the day.

All right, I'm knocked out, time to go to sleep.
G'night y'all~~~
Paul 폴
Paul 폴
minion

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:07 am

1 Well then, should we keep on sinning so that God can show us more and more of his wonderful grace? 2a Of course not!

6 We know that our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin.

This kind of reminds me of something Yeni said last Sunday. We know that God is always loving. We know he's always forgiving.
So there are times when we just start piling up our sins and just telling ourselves that we can ask for forgive later because we're just going to sin again. (If you guys get what I mean.)
But what's the point of doing that when God knows everything? He knows you're putting him off for later and that you aren't trying even he DIED ON THE CROSS for us. We make excuses like, "Oh, but everyone sins. Why should I try not to when I know I'll just do it again?" We aren't slaves to sin anymore. We have a CHOICE not to sin.

The message of this chapter was to just remember not to give in to sin because you think it's something everyone does; not to give up hope in repenting everyday.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:36 am

11 In the same way, count yourseleves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

This verse told gave me a different perspective on the fight against sin and also to become more holy. I always thought of becoming holy as trying to strive towards God from where we all are, in a sinful world, but this verse is telling me to completely remove sin from the equation as if it never existed, die to it, then become alive through Jesus. So instead of the picture of slowly dying in sin, it is saying to die in a different way, to die in terms of not being associated with it and instead living in God through christ. I hope that through this week, God will give me the heart and time to be able to reflect about this new perspective I have received and to really die to sin and be alive in Christ.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:14 am

Arg, I hate work people...

10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

This verse really got to me. Jesus died just like how we died from sin. We live again because Jesus resurrected. And what the bible is saying is because Jesus lives with God now that we should live our lives with God also. I don't know how I can describe this more in-debt but yea this is something very important.

19 I am using an example from everyday life because of your human limitations. Just as you used to offer yourselves as slaves to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer yourselves as slaves to righteousness leading to holiness.

I really like this verse. we were slaves to sin now but now we are slaves to righteousness. When I read this, I started to think about his, people enjoyed sinning because they were slaves to sin, if we're slaves to righteousness, you should enjoy doing good things. P.S Yeni wanted us to arrange Street missions and I think it's a really great Idea... aha
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down