Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

acts 18

+2
Cathy
Billy Kim
6 posters

Go down

acts 18 Empty acts 18

Post  Billy Kim Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:38 pm

Hey guys, hope u guys aer doing fine, Got lots of things to do...
didnt get much but found something interesting...

It was obvious but it JUST hit me in the head... While paul was preaching the
word of jesus, it was the fellow jews, people who worship the same god that
were going against him... But at the same time, we sin against jesus and god,
and since all sins are sins, we are jst like them... so if u guys are thinking that
they are commiting a big sin, news flash, we're doing the sae thing... i kno it
sounds rough but its the cold hearted truth...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

acts 18 Empty Re: acts 18

Post  Cathy Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:22 pm

Yeah I'm not gonan lie I read this chapter several times but I didnt' really get anything. But it's always nice to read!
My lips are really chapped. I lost all my chapstick. stupid canada and the cold.
haha have a wonderful wednesday everyone!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:32 pm

this week is going by extremely slow... tomorrows wednesday.. i thought today was wednesday... HAHAHA i have a math summative and i have to RAP in civics! oh my gaaaad, grace rapping.. LOL ill tell you how it goes Razz

9One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: "Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. 10For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city."
i really liked this verse Smile it shows how God is really with us in the toughest of situations. He's pretty much saying "Dont be afraid to do my work. I will keep you safe and unharmed." We will most likely be in a really tough position where you become scared to go on with what youre doing and will question yourself "should i keep going?" But God's saying "keep glorifying my name, you are a tool for my glory, i will take care of it all, just keep going with what youre doing." For example. we're on a praise team. one day nothings going right, we practice hard, but we sound horrible... God's saying "go on, i will help you" HHAHA bad example? But think about it.. at the retreat, there was lack of prep, but God still blessed us and we had an awesome time of worship with little or no mistakes Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:58 pm

politics proposal...

data quiz tomorrow...

ACTUALLY going to war child tomorrow morning...

got home from work...

need to start reading my IRLP book Sad

arghhhh someone take me behind a barn and shoot me
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:03 am

9 One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision and told him, "Don't be afraid! Speak out! Don't be silent!

After reading this verse, i thought that God wants us to literally speak out and do not be silent. I think this would apply well to the good majority of our ministry because alot of people don't sing. Everyone wants to sing, but they just don't because they are afraid of what people might think but God says do not be afraid. I was thinking, if people say they've accepted Jesus as their saviour, it's huge. But if they are able to do that, why are some people not able to sing? At one point in everyone's lives, EVERYONE wants to shout unto God and proclaim Jesus as their saviour like how EVERYONE wants to sing. I hope that everyone in our ministry including us will have the desire to do smaller things like singing, and bigger things like telling God that he is our saviour and we love him.

SUCH A SLOW WEEK!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:41 am

"Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. 10For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city.

Remember God is always with you.
What was that verse, it was like Don't worry cause the world hated me first or somethign liek that and it's so true.
"For I am With You" Literally think about it, GOD is with US.
Isn't what we alwasy want, what we alwasy sing about, what we always desire? But we have to rememebr GOD IS HERE.
He never left, it's just the things WE do to make it seem like it.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:08 am

same as cathy, i didnt get much except Pauls dedication to spreading the word.

It reminds me of the song "i will go" by starfield.
however im reading "a year with c.s lewis" jan 13 and ill see if theres anything i can post from it
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:11 am

aha.. todays section was quite dry.
it was a passage from his book "screw tape letters" im not getting the context of it :s
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down