Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 3 (Dec 24)

+2
Grace
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

Acts 3 (Dec 24) Empty Acts 3 (Dec 24)

Post  Isaac Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:03 pm

christmas eve Smile
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Acts 3 (Dec 24) Empty Re: Acts 3 (Dec 24)

Post  Grace Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:12 pm

i decided to do my devos early Smile
but before i do.... OMGGGG funniest thing.i guess a year or two ago.. i went on the desperation band website, and pretty much they have this corner on their website where you get to vent out, "tell your story" ... i dont know what it was, but i guess i was motivated to do it... i went on that corner to read some other stuff. AND MINE WAS STILL THERE! i thought back and i was like..... why did i post this...... bad spelling + bad grammar + i put down my friends name... LOLOLOLOLOL ooooppppssss . but its only his first... so i guess its okay...

16By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see.
i liked this. ive heard it so many times before, but we need to believe it! In the name of Jesus Christ, ANYTHING is possible, it can overcome ANYTHING. In the name of Jesus Christ, people have casted out demons, healed the sick, lame, blind and etc but where does all that power come from ? GOD!

Peter Heals the Crippled Beggar
I think that this was an awesome story. It wasnt Jesus healing a crippled beggar. It was PETER! Like this just proves that God uses ordinary people to do amazing and big things to glorify HIS name! We may not be Christ, but if God wants us to do it, than He can make us do amazing things from His glory. In my opinion, we should never make ourselves feel small. We should never feel not important. We are all part of God's plan, and we all carry a big part. He uses us all in different ways to emphasize His power, His glory...his awesomeness ! hahaha Right now, we are doing that through a worship team. He called us to lead the congregation, the church into worship. After we leave the milal praise team and into university, God will use us in many different ways, and even while we are still on it, He will still be using us in multiple ways, like when you go to missions, all of a sudden, we will say words that will reach other people... but at the same time youll be like "woah. where did that come from" Its just like moses! God wants to say "dont worry. Ill take care of it. You just need to do as I say" Thats it! We just need to go along with what God is doing, just follow along on His plan. Because unlike God, we cant see the bigger picture, so we should just let Him use us upto our limits!!! If peter couldnt handle healing a blind man, God wouldnt force it on him. God created us, He knows every little detail about us. He knows our limits, like think about it. You dont like war, God isnt going to put you in the middle of somewhere that has war going on and be like "kay, go talk to those soldiers".

okay so thats it for the chapter, but i also wanted to share something else. Last spring... i had an identity crisis. LOL it wasnt like "who am i" It was more "where am i with God" and when i had the missions application... they asked me "what is your spiritual gifts" I had no clue. befoer that, i didnt really care... i prayed, asked 20 people, read books, looked up definitions on the internet.... and i think its important for us to know this. We are all on a worship team. We are all daughters and sons of God. and God gave us an AMAZING gift! The gift of worship.

The gift of Worship enables a person to lead others to seek the heart of God, simply by following the worship leader’s example. All Christ Followers are called of God to worship Him, however, people possessing the gift of Worship and Musical Expression seem to know how to guide the emotions and spirits of others to forget their surroundings and circumstances, and focus upon the greatness of God.

God most likely also blessed you with others. But for sure, we were called to be on this praise team, and we were blessed with this gift!
I just wanted to point this out, because its important to know your gifts. Because through those gifts God will use you. It wont necessarily be things like speaking in tongues, interpreting dreams and all that stuff. but things like leadership, serving, mercy, compassion and etc.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:02 pm

grace you fail

reading past vents is always embarrassing
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:10 pm

shhhhhh, i knowwww -.-
never going to do that again.... LOL i learned my lesson.... Razz
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:58 pm

In this chapter, Peter healed a crippled guy. Peter said it wasn't his power but it was God's who made him able to do such things. It shows that even though Jesus wasn't with them, they are still able to do things with God. At that time, you'd think only Jesus could do the things that Peter just did. It's amazing because God used regular people. God can use each and everyone of us to do amazing things for him so let's all believe God can use us.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:55 pm

Christmas Eve! And I'm doing homework. haha i wish i had a huge italian family to gain 5 pounds with Smile

Anywhoo Acts 3: today was all about Peter healing the crippled beggar.
I really liked it when Peter said, ""Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you".
I remember yesterday when we were eating together and we were takling about global dev and saving the world, Yohann said that in the end - all these people need is Jesus. and even though this doesn't mean that we should stop being charitable or help these poverished nations, but that we need to have Jesus as our priority. Paul didn't simply give this beggar MONEY, but he gave him the most important thing - Jesus.
Later Peter explains to the people, "It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see. " In this way, Peter explains that it was not him that performed this miracle, since all the people were amazed at the miracle that Peter just performed. Instead, he explains that he is just an instrument - that it is really Jesus and one's faith in Jesus that allows for 'complete healing'. I liked how he said complete healing, not just healing. It shows that the beggar wasn't just healed physically - but through the miracle and the encounter with God, that he was healed in all aspects of his life. Jesus is the only way that any of us can have complete healing, and be really fulfilled Smile

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE, EVERYONE!
(I never understood christmas eve. Is Christmas eve when Jesus was born in the manger at night? And Christmas day is like the celebration of his birth the day after? Or like. Is Christmas Day when Jesus was actually born? SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN!)
well, either way. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:31 pm

i had my christmas dinner now Smile
too much wine :s ahaha

i didnt get much (to write down that is) but i do want to wish you guys a merry christmas! But to also take sometime to pray and thank God for Jesus, and thank Jesus for the holy spirit.
Its cliche to say things like "christmas has lost its meaning" but it really has. So lets pray for one another and thank God today and tomorrow!

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:41 am

wow Cathy, Italien??? That's sooo random...
Plus, a Major mission at Christmas eve, Shopping for my dad's desired book, which was the
last of it's kind in LIKE ONTARIO!! Wow, plus locked out of the car in pacific mall and almost
being blamed for attempted car theft GOSH!! Undercover cops are COOL!! Their badges are soo
SHINY!!! and got chocolates and a 100 bucks for christmas, That didnt rele matter.... HAHA
Cuz i spent more than a 100 dollars for their presents. HAHA but that doesn't rele matter,
HAPPY B DAY JESUS!!!

Pretty sick how god used peter to heal people... I remember b4 jesus died for us, there
was a deamon possesed boy while jesus was in a mountain, and the deciples couldnt do
anything about it. It prooves that how jesus has entered peter's heart, and how jesus
had enabled everybody on earth to accept him in their hearts... SICK!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:00 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA MOM CAN'T HOLD HER LIQUOR HAHAHA....It was just wine HAHAHAHA!

hmmm we sometimes forget about God, unless we are constantly reminded that he is indeed close to us. When Peter healed the beggar, people were in awe, but Peter was asking them why they were so shocked. Sometimes we do forget about God, until we witness something something so amazing. It is a good thing to be amazed and joyed over God's power, but it is a bad thing to be constantly reminded. We should not be like the people of Isreal, where we need to be constantly reminded of our own God.

that is all

HAHAHAHA MOM IS REGRETTING!

CHOW
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down