Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 13

+2
Allan
Grace
6 posters

Go down

Acts 13 Empty Acts 13

Post  Grace Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:23 pm

hello ^.^ how was everyones day?
its getting colder... and colder.... and im slipping more often than usual -.- HAHA maybe i should get new shoes with legit grip on the bottom... HAHA

There they met a Jewish sorcerer and false prophet named Bar-Jesus, 7who was an attendant of the proconsul, Sergius Paulus. The proconsul, an intelligent man, sent for Barnabas and Saul because he wanted to hear the word of God. 8But Elymas the sorcerer (for that is what his name means) opposed them and tried to turn the proconsul from the faith. 9Then Saul, who was also called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked straight at Elymas and said, 10"You are a child of the devil and an enemy of everything that is right! You are full of all kinds of deceit and trickery. Will you never stop perverting the right ways of the Lord? 11Now the hand of the Lord is against you. You are going to be blind, and for a time you will be unable to see the light of the sun."
Before Jesus went back to heaven, he told the disciples that there will be many who pretend to be Jesus. Heres one guy right here... Thats like... so bad... HAHA But yeah, this section tells you how God really doesnt like that. When you pretend to be something youre not, and tricking people and teaching them wrong things about the word. I def dont want to get on God's bad side....

25As John was completing his work, he said: 'Who do you think I am? I am not that one. No, but he is coming after me, whose sandals I am not worthy to untie.'
I guess back then, a lot of people thought that a few of the disciples were Jesus because they seemed to know so much and were so faithful to God. I liked how John didnt have like any pride at all in this situation. Like wouldnt you feel good if someone thought or told you that they thought your were so faithful and looked so holy? But he said right away "im not He, He will come after me, and He is so great, we arent worthy to even untie his sandals" We need that kind of humility. Where we wont let anything go to our heads and will just give all the glory to God!

46Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles. 47For this is what the Lord has commanded us: " 'I have made you[g] a light for the Gentiles, that you[h] may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'[i]" 48When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.
In like bible history... it said that the Jews and the Gentiles were seperated. The gentiles werent considered to be much of anything from the eyes of the jews, and they werent even allowed to worship God in the same church! WHAT? but Paul and Barnabas told them that "dont think like that, you are also a son of God and you can go to heaven too" Its like when you try out for a sports team.. you can be really good, then you see other kids play.. and then all of a sudden you loose all of your confidence and youre like "omg... im not going to make the team.. theyre so much better :S" but its like theres always that chance... where if you try you can make it! No one is unworthy for a chance. It just depends if you take it and make an effort. Everyone has recieved salvation. thats the point of Jesus' death on the cross.

anyways yes... long chapter today.. but it was a good one : )
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Acts 13 Empty Re: Acts 13

Post  Allan Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:49 am

OPEN BOOK EXAM YAH!!!

called the "the black man"...that is all lol

Paul's First Missionary Journey

The sorcerer had it coming. Obviously we don't have as many sorcerers in our time, but distractions come in more suddle ways now. We have so many crap that pulls us away from God, and it is harder then ever, and I have a feeling that as time move forwards, it is only going to get harder and harder.

I never thought that Christianity and its theology are constantly changing.

The thing with the Gentiles were huge, and it was rightfully so. Biblically, it seemed as if the Jews awere the only one who had a relatioship with God, but with the coming of Christ, the idea of God being their only for the Jews were gone out the window. lol sidenote

Everybody in this world can worship God, and there is no such thing as a group, or classification. You have your own unique relatioship with God, well I believe that, and no one can ever tell you that God is not there for you

that is all
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:18 am

i didnt get anything from this chapterr
see you sndays
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:26 am

"Jewish sorcerer, a false prophet named Bar-Jesus."
The jews always ruin everything...

didnt get much guys
but i did get a lot from my "a year with C.S lewis" book
i put the quote up for you guys
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 am

isaac, i don't get the "she" explain.

So after they had fasted and prayed, they placed their hands on them and sent them off.

nothing particularyl stood out, but i would like our praise team to fast once and awhile,
i'll explain later why we should fast and in detail!
We should def do this more often though, fasting as a church and team, but also praying otgether and placing hands on each other. haha
like specifically praying for someone, not like puttign all our hands on kevin when we're prayign for Grace.

hahahah
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:45 am

oh sorry... "she" is just a word for "Reason".
Like in Proverbs 8 "wisdom" is a woman.
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:55 am

a sexy womam? lol
Allan