Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

and so we begin ACTS

+2
JacobPk
Cathy
6 posters

Go down

and so we begin ACTS Empty and so we begin ACTS

Post  Cathy Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:13 am

Its really exciting to start a new book Smile
Jesus tells his disciples that they will be baptized with the holy spirit, just as they were baptized with water once. i believe this is clled like. pentacost or something when the holy spirit comes down to the disciples.. and tahts really important becuase when Jesus ascends to heaven, the disciples were really lost and confused and didn't know how they should carry on with Jesus' legacy. But by sending down the Holy Spirit, Jesus showed them that they would never be alone. Becuase God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one, God provided the Holy spirit in order for all people to have a the spirit within us to connect us to and communicate with God. And to this day we still have the holy spirit within us to guide us in our everyday lives. the holy spirit is kidna like our conscience too. But we often forget that the holy spirit is there and that it's jsut as important and real as jesus being here with us
So let's listen to what our holy spirit tells us, because our conscience comes from God Smile

Also i would like to note that Judas' body burst open and his intenstines spilled out . wow, so God knows how to punish, eh? I hate to bring up this controversial debate.. But they keep saying that Judas' betrayal was part of God's plan.. And so if Judas didn't betray jesus, then he never would have died on the cross for our sins/washed away oursins/ opened the gates of heaven/given us salvation, which ruins the whole point of Jesus coming down to earth. So then wasn't it like. expected that Judas betrays him? then does he really deserve to be punished? I mean. I know he had a choice, but it seems that GOd wanted this to happen. i ono
im confused with the whole predestination thing

CIAAOO
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

and so we begin ACTS Empty Re: and so we begin ACTS

Post  JacobPk Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:30 am

yes Cobe
i just had the best ramen ever, and Twilight is terrible who agrees?

Yah Cathy, Predestination... what a confusing topic.
Umm also about the whole Judas intenstines, in verse 18, it says he was rewarded... NOT punished. Anyone explain that?
I can sense that this book will be interesting aha, umm Judas was also replaced by another disciple.\In verse 7-9, Jesus says it's not for them to know when he comes. WHICH directly means... BE prepared. Not only for yourselves but for those among you, and your loved ones. cheesy but true. God can come tomorrow, 3 days from now, in 5 minutes, and NOW is the time. We sing that song the TIME HAS COME TO STAND FOR ALL WE BELIEVE IN.. la la la, but which one of us actually stands up? You never know, time is limited, AND unpredictable so make the best of it.
Can't wait for the chapters to come!

Rock it tomorrow buds.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:31 am

ROLE MODELS IS THE BEST MOVIE EVA!!!! and Hannah it was nice to meet your cousin Very Happy

Sometimes i think about Jesus coming. If you read Revelations there are certain "signs" that happen before his arrival i believe. And some are happening today :O

Cathy, i think Judas hung himself. Yes indeed he did. If you read Matthews it says it. And the blood guts thing, i could have been because he fell and cut himself open or animals? i dunno but i dont think it was a direct smite from God. But you do make a good point about him being the reason why Jesus got "caught". But if you think about it, he was bound to do it anyways. Thats like saying if Mary decided one day to die while bearing Jesus what would have happened? God knows all, so I assume it was all a well thought out plan.
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:28 am

Sorry about the late devos..
Yesterday, I fell asleep on my couch at 10ish, so I couldn't type up my devos.
Today, well.. I just got back from the movie theatre with the madre..
We waited for an hour in the theatre for 007 to play, and it turned out to be twilight.
so we got to watch 007 and get a free ticket for the next time we go to the theatres. yeeeeeeahhh.

umm and i would like to give my left hand to daniel craig.

ACTS 1. yeaaa new book

To me, I felt that the disciples seemed to have more faith in God than before because they physically saw Jesus go to heaven. They seemed to be more mature in their deciding who to take the place of Judas, and telling the two men of Galilee to believe that Jesus will return.

This just got me thinking and wondering if we would ever physically see God. I think His miracles are apparent everywhere, but I wonder what God is like.. or Jesus. Does he really have longish brown hair with a moustache? Hm..
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

and so we begin ACTS Empty ACTS 1

Post  hannahlee Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:39 pm

I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date! (Alice in Wonderland reference...)
Sorry guys (and myself), haha. I really should have started off the new book with a good start but..actually, no excuses, haha. I'm gonna catch up tonight and thanks to E-sak for pining on me with angry texts.

ACTS 1
7He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

I love this verse. Just because oftentimes, we fool ourselves into thinking that we know best and look to God as some...blessing-dispenser...to whom you present your specific requests, and expect Him to fulfill them exactly as you outlined them. It sounds terrible saying it like that, but I think it's a pretty big truth. But we need to sometimes take a step back, and remember that God knows best, God created this world! Haha. And He's only ever looking out for what's best for us and we can trust that whatever He does in our lives, He does with intent.

OTHER: Judah's death? Gruesome.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:15 am

Wow.. Judas got owned...
kinda reminds me of the anime Elfen Lied
if you have weak stomachs, DON'T check it out

I didn't like how they picked Matthias to replace Judas.
They casted lots, so they left the whole thing up to chance.
Though initially they picked Matthias and a couple others as possible candidates, I think as Jesus hand-picked his disciples, Peter or somebody should have personally hand-picked the replacement guy.
That's what I got away from the reading.

I read hannah's devotion and I also got something out of that too.
It is not up to us to know what is planned for us in the future, also it is not up to us to know the best plan for our future.
I thought that I could believe it is right for me to be a doctor because my family = doctors so I could pray to God to help me become a doctor because I KNOW this is my right path. Now obviously I don't know this is the right path for me because I can't see the future, so God will throw things in my way to either help me with this or deter me from it. Ultimately, I know I will one day have an epiphany from God's Grace and that will spur me to lead the right path in my life, I just know it!
Onto next devo~
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down