Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Act 3

+2
Audrey Jong
Pa Ta Rick
6 posters

Go down

Act 3 Empty Act 3

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:55 pm

What a Face
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Act 3 Empty Re: Act 3

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:02 pm

sorry for not posting for the past couple of days. got carried away with other stuff.

Act chapter 3 is a chapter i think all of us are very familiar with. It is about Peter and John making a crippled man walk again. I didnt get much outta this chapter because this chapter was preached on so many times by several pastors but something i got out of this chapter was that if we have enough faith as Peter and John even we can perform miracles. But it isnt easy to put that much faith in God. I am pretty sure that even some of the pasters dont have as much faith in God as Peter and John did. So i guess we should try to achieve as much faith as possbile towards God.

Verse 15 "Author of life. This to me stood out like a elephant in a chicken farm. I think that saying that God is the author of life is a very powerful meaning because it is true. Just as a book, God wrote us down and he created us. without Him we wouldnt be here and we should always praise him for this.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Act 3 Empty Acts 3

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:22 pm

How's everyone's week going so far? I just got my test marks back and well the rest....maybe i'll say another time.

Anyways, Acts 3 tells us a story in the begining of this chapter. It talks about this lame beggar that always sits in front of the gate of the temple. So when Peter and John were on their way to the temple, they saw him and Peter told him that he has no money but that he will give him what he has. I think that he means he has a better gift from God and that is way more precious than all other gifts, gold, or silver. as Peter says to the beggar in verse 6: "I don't have any silver or gold for you. But i'll give you what I have. In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, get up and walk!" And of course he did. Once this happened, the beggar went in the temple along with Peter and John and the others saw this and were all amazed by this.
Once Peter saw this, he decided to preach to the crowd about how they need to repent and turn their hearts fully to God.
The example of the beggar reminds me that God will sometimes not give us the things we want and he has a reason for that. It's because he has something else prepared for us. Like the beggar, he raised his head to Peter explecting some money but instead he recieved a true gift....his legs. Money gives people teamporary help but what Peter gave him was not.

Wow, that was loooooong! well hope to see you guys soon!
~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:35 pm

13 For it is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob—the God of all our ancestors—who has brought glory to his servant Jesus by doing this. This is the same Jesus whom you handed over and rejected before Pilate, despite Pilate’s decision to release him.14 You rejected this holy, righteous one and instead demanded the release of a murderer.

Out of today's reading, this one stuck out to me the most hahaha.
The disciples had just healed a lame man and the people were astonished.
The disciples say to them that Jesus, the man that they handed over to be crucified and killed, is the one who is responsbile for these miracles. When I read this passage, it bothered me because it reminded me that the people had thrown away the life of our savior for a man who was guilty of murdering. They put our savior lower than a man who deserved to be punished. But the main point was, that some of these people needed to see a miracle to believe in JEsus. That's not faith, that's believing from witnessing. At times, my faith can be weak too but I don't want to see it to believe nor do i want to need to see it to believe it.

yeahhhhhhh
practice hard homies
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:24 pm

7 Then Peter took the lame man by the right hand and helped him up. And as he did, the man’s feet and ankles were instantly healed and strengthened. 8 He jumped up, stood on his feet, and began to walk! Then, walking, leaping, and praising God, he went into the Temple with them
these verses stood out to me because i think we can apply this concept to our lives today! peter helped the lame man up to his feet when he was weak and in need and by doing this through God, or God through him, he caused the man to worship God with all his heart and become a follower. maybe we cannot preform miracles, but we can help others when they have hit rock bottom with God's guidance and wisdom, and these kinds of actions are what it takes to bring people to Jesus Smile
yeaapp! thats all aha
buhbye noww!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:50 am

Zoo tomorrow Very Happy

What spoke out to to me was that if you are a believer, miracles can occur.
Peter isnt Jesus, nor God, but he performed a miracle by healing a man that had been crippled since birth.
This we because Peter had faith and knew that God would work miracles through him. If we are true believers and have as much faith as Peter, we can perform miracles of Christ. We just got to get to that form of faith. I know its harder for us because we dont actually see Jesus and our only proof that Jesus was alive is the Bible. We believe in Christ, we devote our time to God, that is already a huge chunk of faith and time in Christ. All we have to do is have faith because people who have faith in Christ, will be saved.

sorry its short guys, ahah!
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:58 am

I've been working on a 4 page essay for the past 3-4 hours... -dies-

anyway, I'll do my devo tomorrow!
back to the essay! bye!