Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 4

5 posters

Go down

Acts 4 Empty Acts 4

Post  Cathy Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:49 pm

Hey guys. Man im so tired im on like 2 hrs of sleep. i think im gonna go to bed now.. as sad as that is.

"Judge for yourselves whether it is right in God's sight to obey you rather than God. 20For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard"
At the end of the day, it is God's will that should take priority in our lives. At first glance this makes the message of the bible seem contradictory becuase we also read verses that tell us to obey authority figures - to honour the government, our parents. But I really liked what Pauline said when she did her testimony - by rejecting God's will for us - we aren't honoring our parents or the government, or any other authority figure. becuase really, we're supposed to be honoring God through these people but when we lose sight of God, there's no point in 'honoring' our parents or the government..

Also, I really liked this verse:
"32All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had"
I thought it was really heartwarming to read that they were 'one in heart and mind'. None of them had their own selfish desires or motives, but they all formed one body of Christians that were just out to help each other. This is idealistic, but it's one of those visions that I hope we can strive for - in this praise team, in this church, and later in this world.

See y'all tmrw!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Acts 4 Empty Re: Acts 4

Post  Grace Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:36 am

hi guys......sorry i wasnt at practice..... did you all go shopping today ? Smile

8Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them: "Rulers and elders of the people! 9If we are being called to account today for an act of kindness shown to a cripple and are asked how he was healed, 10then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. 11He is " 'the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone.[a]'[b] 12Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."
Peter was filled with the holy spirit.... woaah. haha i find like this is what they mean when people say "God doesnt leave you to work with nothing". He provides us with the wisdom and the words we need at the right times. Enough to leave the other person speechless with nothing to debate about.
and i also like the part where peter talks about Jesus being the capstone. How he is the only one found with salvation. I cant help but to feel bad... but i still feel thankful. The people rejected Christ, but Christ still willingly sacrificed himself and lifted all of the worlds sins off of their shoulders. It just proves how much GOD loves us! We're so unworthy... but He still chose to save us. Like think about it. Kids you dont like, people you dont get along with.... would you die in their place? It's so hard for us to do, but somehow Jesus did it whether he wanted to or not. So obedient to God. The one thing humans have the most hard time doing. Obeying God. Sam told us, God would rather have us obey Him first, before worshiping Him. We are a worship team. We were called to lead the congregation into worship. But we ALWAYS need to remember that we need to first listen to God, and then follow through with His plan.

see you all tomorrow ^.^
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:55 am

32All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had

All the christians as one. Kinda reminds me of the with hearts as one album from hillsongs. I think that God wants each of us to be one body in Christ and to move as one. But to do that, everyone has to be included because if only one persons left out, all the believers can't be one. Thats iwhy i think its great we do things like ohana. Even though we're the most cliquey group at church, we should continue to look out for everyone.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:08 am

Hellos bro and sis's(?)
sick practice, wasnt that long and it was pretty
fun...

I didnt get much from this chapter but got alittle bit...

We need to be proud of our beliefs and be couragues about it...
Peter was proud with jesus and he jst pwnd all the people that were
willing to beat and arrest them... SICK. I remember, my friend asked me
wat's ur belief and i told them I was christian... To be honest, I was RELE
PROUD and was, how do u say it... Happy(?) iunno wat the word is but
i was close to that feeling about it... SICK

c u guys 2morrow..
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:50 am

God has given us so much; everything we have is from God. We have no authority over anything in this world, and if we do it is a illusion created by the world. Nothing is permanently ours, but God has still given us all these things, so our lives can be easier. God has given us the power to make choices, and that is one of God's greatest gifts, but don't half-ass your decision. If God has given us the power to make a decision follow through with it, especially if it is related to God's glory. In today's chapter we see a husband and wife that lied and disrespected God's kind gift. They could have kept their wealth or donate it. It is totally their decisions. They didn't have to abandon their wealth; I mean it is not a sin to keep your wealth, but how you use it. They decided to sell it all, but they did not follow through with it. The problem is they directly lied to God. They said they did, but obviously they didn’t. Their really is no excuse, because it is your initial choice.

that is all

...yawn lol

c ya
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content