Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 25 December 5th

+2
jaake kwon
Sarah Oh
6 posters

Go down

Acts 25 December 5th Empty Acts 25 December 5th

Post  Sarah Oh Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:46 pm

20 more days till Christmas!!! Very Happy
Kay so i actually didn't get anythiing from this chapter...... it was a very simple one about Paul getting persecuted in front of many officials and how he defended himself.
Bye!
-Sarah Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Acts 25 December 5th Empty acts 25

Post  jaake kwon Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:38 pm

so paul did nothing wrong and was brought up to court.
he stated he did nothing wrong,
and that if he is incorrect, he will accept whatever may be righteous.

what im getting is that we should be frank with what we do,
and clear if somebody asks. you know, make life simple.

---
i find that most of the Acts passages are basically saying "follow Jesus, and become like him by doing something alike to what ________ has done."
not reallyyy full of stuff to me.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Acts 25 December 5th Empty Re: Acts 25 December 5th

Post  Kevin Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:15 am

27 For it makes no sense to send a prisoner to the emperor without specifying the charges against him!”

I don't know about you guys, but I tend to assume what a person is like just by looking at them.
Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm COMPLETELY wrong hahaha
Judging someone without knowing who they are relates to the passage.
Why should we ever assume what someone is like when we don't have anything on them?
Just a little something something to think about

Remember, don't ever "Assume"
It makes an ASS out of YOU and ME.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:26 am

I cant help but to relate this to what happened to me today
7 For I think it is unreasonable to send a prisoner on to Rome without specifying the charges against him.”

I've known this girl who's been acting awkward around me for some time now and I knew she was how do I put it "Afraid" of me.
She kept distance from me and I actually tired really hard to get to know her and through the miracle of time, I had the chance to talk to her and got to know her. She obviously had some flawed ways of thinking but at least she got to know me a bit. So today she tells me a story about her father's in-law being murdered because his friends weren't the best influences and told me that I should be careful. I really appreciated the fact that she told me to be careful because it showed that she cared but was kind of offended at the same time. She was being very judgmental and not even for a very good reason, and I told her that. It's just something that came into my head when I read this verse.

When you're judged, it's not the best feeling in the world. I sure as hell didn't like it...
das it guys....

night
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:01 am

So, it has been a gooooood day (aside from what seems to be a deep cavity or wisdom tooth growing in the bottom right side of my mouth), and I have just very... happy with life. (:

11 If, however, I am guilty of doing anything deserving death, I do not refuse to die. But if the charges brought against me by these Jews are not true, no one has the right to hand me over to them. I appeal to Caesar!”
Hmmm, as I was reading these lines, something came into mind. We're told to be WILLING to die for Jesus but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be willing to live for him.
By that, I mean you should still fight for God and live for him. You can't just give up because everyone wants you dead.

I hope that made sense. Hahahah

OKAY, THAT'S ALL. GOODNIGHT, ALL!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:13 am

I didnt really get much. All i understood was that they have no rights to blame us if what we did werent false, but if we were to do something against God's will than we will be punished? i think thats what the chapter was saying
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down