Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 28 December 8

+3
jennifer
James
Sarah Oh
7 posters

Go down

Acts 28 December 8  Empty Acts 28 December 8

Post  Sarah Oh Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:03 pm

Hi everyone~!!
I've been kinda busy for the past two days, sorry i havent been posting Smile
So i think verse 26-27 really stuck out to me.
It can relate to us in a way.
The part that says, "You will be ever hearing but never understanding" was quite interesting.
I guess in a way, I will never really understand God's love and mercy. It's so great and powerful that all I can do is accept it and be glad that I am loved by the Lord.
Wait.... did that make sense?? I have a feeling it didnt XD
Okay thats it!!
Bye guys!!!
-Sarah Smile
P.S. 17 more days till Christmas!!!! Very Happy
And please pray for Audrey, because her test thing for the high school she's applying to is this saturday!!!!
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Acts 28 December 8  Empty Re: Acts 28 December 8

Post  James Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:08 pm

We have to hear, see, and open up our hearts to the Lord. What good is a lecture if you don't understand it?

Also, what God says, we will always hear it. But we won't always understand it nor listen to it.
We are born with ears to understand, born with eyes to take note of what's happening, and born with hearts to accept the Holy Spirit.

Anyone else going to Saturday Night Alive?
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:55 am

INTERNETS UP TODAY!
what stood out to me in this chapter was in the first section of the chapter, the people on the island judged paul based on what happened to him. this basically shows what other people think in society today, like how they say things come out of karma and what not! the people's thoughts are reallly easily changed like when he doesnt get hurt from the snake, they change from thinking hes a murderer, all the way to thinking he's a God! this isnt the way God wants us to behave and think! he wants us to love our neighbours and not judge ahah I also noticed that everything that made them like Paul again was made possible through God. When he was bitten by the poisonous snake, he was protected by God, thus not getting ill, and when he healed the sick man, it was in the name of God he was healed, not through Paul's own power! so this shows us that people see what we do through God, and have attraction to it. they like it! so, if it's known that it is through God these actions arise, they will inturn love God? this is how i think haha
and this verse kinda sums this up:
26 ‘Go and say to this people:
When you hear what I say,
you will not understand.
When you see what I do,
you will not comprehend.
27 For the hearts of these people are hardened,
and their ears cannot hear,
and they have closed their eyes—
so their eyes cannot see,
and their hearts cannot understand,
and they cannot turn to me
and let me heal them.’
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Acts 28 December 8  Empty Acts 28

Post  jaake kwon Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:58 am

I found Isaiah's message from God very interesting. its over on 26 to 28, and it basically talks about how we could have god right in front of us and not know anything. It reminded me of John:20:29. the "blessed are those who believe yet have not seen." and Isaiah basically goes on saying the worse case scenario and how blunt we are. The message is still foggy in my head, but for the gist of it, I think it means that we should reach out, but keep our feet firm. I don't know how I really got there, but yeah. I'm pretty sure one thing just led to another.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:27 am

Yikes, my bad for posting so infrequently. I've been having a test and a quiz every single day this week.
Thank god for PA days!

2 The islanders showed us unusual kindness.
hmmm, just a thought but kindness shouldn't be/feel unusual. Anyway, not much to say about this verse other than that. haha

27 For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
I don't know about you guys but I've been living with the church my whole life and I can't even begin to tell you how true this statement is.
After a while, the things you understood when you were younger, you just start to memorize and you never really think twice about it.
Sometimes, I sit alone and just read the lyrics to the songs on our setlist and really try to understand what the lyrics are telling us.
I think we forget to just stop and think, a LOT of the time.

So, maybe if you guys have the time, you could do the same. Really listen and really understand the meaning behind the lyrics we sing every week, you know? (:

Alrighty, that's all! See you all in two days!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:56 am

26 ‘Go and say to this people:
When you hear what I say,
you will not understand.
When you see what I do,
you will not comprehend.27 For the hearts of these people are hardened,
and they have closed their eyes—
so their eyes cannot see,
and their hearts cannot understand,
and they cannot turn to me
and let me heal them.’t

Mann the htings that this passage got me thinking about..
Sometimes, our hearts are so hardened, and so unopen to God that we don't comprehend, see, hear, the things that
he is trying to teach us
To me, that's REALLY disappointing.
The fact that we're missing out on such a privellege, because we don't have that desire to do all the things above in the passaage.
We must all want to have that burning passion, so that our hearts may be opened up

yeee gnigt
TGIF
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:33 am

Trigonometric Inequalities test 2day. My brain's going to explode.

26 “‘Go to this people and say,
“You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.”

This part really got to me. Seeing but never understanding. I mean even as skeptical as we are, even if we saw miracle happen which I did, I don't know about you guys but we still question our faith and reliance on God. I don't know what to say to this except to understand. One of the reasons why we don't understand is because we don't communicate with God. We always pray asking for things from God but we don't even take the time to listen. And even if we listened, we still have problems understanding. I mean, how can we even think about understanding without even trying to listen. We're really far away from understanding God, he's a being much higher than us so we will never fully understand him. But a task of million miles start from the first step right?? So why can't we take more time to listen. It's better to try then never try at all
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down