Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

acts 14

+2
Isaac
Billy Kim
6 posters

Go down

acts 14 Empty acts 14

Post  Billy Kim Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:39 pm

sirry i didnt post yesterday guys... my sleeping time was RELE messed
and i'm starting to fix it haha i did read it tho so here we go!!!

i dunt have specific verses but wat i realized was that paul and barnabas,
they PREACHED LIKE THERE WAS NO 2MORROW EVERYDAY!! even if people
stoned them, they got back up and started preaching again... the thing is,
as we go thru our lives, we tend to lose faith one day by one day and it
happens to everybody but that's not good is it... we need to learn a way we
dont do that... Iunno how but i'm pretty sure we'll find a way... FAITH GUYS!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

acts 14 Empty Re: acts 14

Post  Isaac Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:45 am

living God, who made heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them.
I'm reading "a year with cs lewis" and todays chapter talks about how God may have made this world but to think he is apart of this world is false.
He also states that not being able to take distinction between good and bad very seriously it will be easy to find anything in this world apart of God.
Anywho have a good friday guys! I'm going to watch avatar 3D
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:47 am

haha, i'm going to basketball tourney so sorry about praise! someone let Allan know we don't have praise practice since he doesn't reply to my emails!

with prayer and fasting, committed them to the Lord, in whom they had put their trust.

again with the fasting and praying together haha.

didn't really get much, but God does work in miraculous ways. God saved Paul from being stone, well i believe, and Paul was doing his thing for God the day after. ballling.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

haha, i'm going to basketball tourney so sorry about praise! someone let Allan know we don't have praise practice since he doesn't reply to my emails!

with prayer and fasting, committed them to the Lord, in whom they had put their trust.

didn't really get much, but God does work in miraculous ways. God saved Paul from being stone, well i believe, and Paul was doing his thing for God the day after. ballling.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Back to top Go down

JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Back to top Go down

JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:59 am

i thought it was great how there were people like Peter and barnabas.
People started praising them sayint that they were God but they said we're no better than you or worse.
They put themselves on the same level as others.
Even though they were praised as a superior people, they were able to say that they are the same as them
But for Peter and Barnabas, it's logical because they know that God is the one taking care of everything.

mann it's so weird not havng practise in so long.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:12 am

I loved the verse where it said "we must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom og God" like spiritual struggles are hard and you def hit lows but from there God brings you up and helps you grow closer to him. Through those hard times we learn to depend on God and become more desperate for His presence. In this chapter Paul and barnabas were both getting so frusterated with the people because they were so dependant on wordly things. They didn't gett the point that God was reaching to them through these 2messengers. It's like the scientists today . So dependNt on scientific facts. Visuals that can be proved scientifically. It's like that convo between the student and the teacher in the note thing I posted.

Sorry I posted so late. I was at a hockey game. It was actually pretty lame today... Hah but I needed a break from those projects and isu's.... And math...aigoo dont even get me started hahah have a food Friday guys I'm gonn see avatar tmrw :$ hahahhhH
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:54 am

I am SO GOOD AT ALL NIGHTERS.
ahhaha
sorry about the not posting, guys. i thought id have some time after i finish my essay to do my devos before school, but i guess not.
will catch up tonight when i get home! after a long deserved nap. MMM
have a good day, everyone!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:58 am

NAPS ARE AMAZING!
I liked today's (or yesterday's) chapter and how it talked about the peoples' inability to worship God, becasue they were too preoccupied with worshipping Paul and Barnabus. When they performed the miralce, the people automatically assumed that it was Paul and Barnabas' doing, not God's. Even when they tried to explain to the people that it was God working through them and that they should be worshipping God, who has done so many good things for all people, the chapter says that they STILL had trouble keeping the crowd from giving sacrifices tot hem.
This reminds me how we can take praise and glory away from God and use it for self-glorification. I mean, we usually don't do it intentionally - most of the times we don't even think about it when we do it, but say we get a really good mark on a test, or someone tells us that praise was really good one sunday, we just always ahve to ekep in mind that all of the good fruit that we produce comes directly from God. That it's not because of our doing, but because of what God is doing through us. So let's keep in mind that we can't steal any of God's glory, and remember that we should always give it back to him Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down