Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 9

+5
Audrey Jong
James
jennifer
Sarah Oh
Kevin
9 posters

Go down

Acts 9 Empty Acts 9

Post  Kevin Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:43 pm

Alot of you guys are slacking with devotions.
Don't fall behind
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Acts 9 Empty Re: Acts 9

Post  Sarah Oh Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:58 pm

So much homework these days!!! Aaarrgghh.
But anyway, in this chapter it talks about Saul and how Jesus Christ changed him. At first Saul hated anyone who believed in God. He would do brutal things to them, and throw them in jail. The one day Jesus came to him and blinded him. God decided to use Saul as an insturment to carry God's name before the Gentiles. Nothing big really appealed to me but I realized that God is so powerful. He was able to change the heart of an antichrist so quickly and I find that really amazing!
Bye!!! See you guys on sunday!
-Sarah Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:18 pm

22 Saul’s preaching became more and more powerful, and the Jews in Damascus couldn’t refute his proofs that Jesus was indeed the Messiah. 23 After a while some of the Jews plotted together to kill him.
i thought these lines stodd out because they show some of the problems that will come up during our christian walk. Even if God instills his powers in us, and he uses this through us, there will always be non-believers who are evil! so these jews didnt have any proof against the fact the jesus was in fact the messiah, and so they wanted to kill the messenger instead of accepting that jesus is the messiah. This is how far people will go to oppose us! but saul relies on Godd and pulls through. So! even though people may not want to kill us for being right, they will want to persecute us! So i think asking for God's guidance is key because without him, we are merely human. With him, we may ask for him to give us some wisdom and guidance, thus letting us do extraordinary things!
thats it for today! night yall!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  James Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:26 pm

as 11/11/11 is tomorrow, I want to remind you guys of Matthew 24:36
""No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
people are going crazy on Facebook.

This chapter speaks to me as that, we're all blind in the first place. Like Saul, Ananias was sent from Jesus in order to convert Saul. The power of God is so mighty, it works its way into everyone. Also, the disciples knew that Saul despised followers of Christ. This reminds me that we all should be quick to accept everyone, especially if the disciples knew that God was going to be using him. Reminds me of the passage that Pastor Mark said two weeks ago. That Mary was so faithful in her son, Jesus. In my opinion, its the same concept.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:37 pm

Hey guys! Sorry that it's late, I had to go to another open house....-_-'
Anyways, this chapter is about Saul and how he became from a man who arrests and kills followers of Christ, to a person who follows Christ himself.
It was about the story we all know about how on Saul's way to Damascus to arrest more christians, God spoke to him and then bilded him. When he met Annanias, his eye sight was returned right when Annanias layed his hands on him as he was praying for him. Therefore, Saul had changed imediately and was filled with the holy spirit. After that, he was baptized. He then started to spread God's words and teached in the places he went. Many people were shocked at first that this was the same man that came over to arrest them before.
There were many believers and the word of God has grown.

See you guys soon!
Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:07 am

hey guys! yesterday i had to play the keyboard in front of the adults...i arrived at chruch at around 6 and stayed until like alomst 10. we won second and im pooped out.
ok on to my devo! in acts 9 we see the changes in saul from how he killed and arrested those who believed in Jesus Christ but ends up preaching about him. Jesus talks to saul in one of sauls journeys near Damascus. Jesus ends up blinding saul and only gives back his sight when he sends one of his disciples, ananias to him, speaking the words of the Lord. and just like that, saul got baptized once he regained his sight. saul preaches about the Lord making the jews wanting to kill him. this shows how much saul has changed and how he is willing to spread the word of Jesus Christ. saul was filled with the holy spirit.
see you all on saturday! tomorrow is remembrance day so lets not forget about sacrifices many have made for the future.
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:17 am

sorry for not posting for awhile, had plans yesterday cuz it was a b-day:D man im tired

in this chapter i learned that we should always accept others no matter who they are and how they act. in this chapter many people rejected Saul because he had persecuted so many jews and everyone was afraid of him. no one wanted to be close to him and nobody beleived that he was a good guy.

If on earth, we do stuff like this, and dont accept somebody because of there race, or how they look there will be more and more people not wanting to become christians.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:39 am

hye guys!

22 Yet Saul grew more and more powerful and baffled the Jews living in Damascus by proving that Jesus is the Christ.
i think this is saying that through our journey with Christ, and our willing to spread his word... there will be people who believe and people who just cant stand what you are trying to do to them. But either way, Christ is giving you the knowledge to spread his word so that more people may be accepted and be saved. Although there might seem like there is no hope, it is always good to keep striving to change their minds because its either you're putting them in the hands of Gods protection or Satans. Do you want your friends to suffer while you are at peace.... i surely dont. i encourage all of you guys to keep striving to change people and if there is no hope at all.. all you can really do is pray.

thats all i got guys..
oh i jsut read Jennifers LOL same verse :/
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Acts 9 Empty acts 9

Post  jaake kwon Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:48 am

The chapter did a heavy mark on conversion and how God himself came down upon Saul and showed his glory to him through Ananias.

I find that this chapter was answering one of the most commonly asked questions:
"How would I convert one of my friends?"
Well, I guess our first mistake -or mine at least- is that we ask our brothers+sisters before God.
or we dont end up asking God at all.
point is, we never really turn to God when we really need it.
we end up moping around, finding something to vent our sorrow.

all in all, we should keep in mind that God's there;
he's watching, he's caring, and he's forgiving, but we wouldn't know if we didnt talk to him!
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:55 am

From tihs story, The bible demonstrates that God ALWAYS turns the other cheek
Saul had been someone who terrorized christians and yet Jesus had completely changed him and given him an oppurtunity to turn his life around.
God can truly work miracles in our lives, and give us that passion and desire for him that we never even knew of
He works in mysterious ways!

Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down