Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

acts 8

+3
Audrey Jong
Kevin
jaake kwon
7 posters

Go down

acts 8 Empty acts 8

Post  jaake kwon Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:10 pm

k
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

acts 8 Empty Acts 8

Post  jaake kwon Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:21 pm

in verse 20, Peter said something really strong.
"May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money!

This really brought me back to the whole thing with "offering."
The other day, Kevin talked about the magic in praise and how he feels that he can communicate to God better that way.
And I also remembered all the talks about some of us not giving it our all.
I kinda think the same thing happened with the offerings too.
I dont know if its just me, but I don't usually see much value in the offering myself (well i didnt until just now)
and alot of the times, i find that my prayers are usually stronger than what i put in the offering.

im jumping all over the place so ill cut it short.
Offering is what we have at the moment to offer up to God. But we should also praise him and tell our reasons to offer in person.
I know its small words, but it hit me heavy.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

acts 8 Empty Re: acts 8

Post  Kevin Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:51 pm

Acts 8 is tomorrow..ahah
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:07 pm

yeah......itz tomoro....
hahaha....when I first logged on 2day, I saw acts 8 but no acts 7!
hee-hee!
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:09 am

Not sure if this is todays or tomarrows idk.havnt posted in a while ma badddd. so from this chapter 7 i got that we should be patient with God and wait for him to fufil his promises. for example in the chapter he promised Abraham many great things and after a realy long time he got it. In our situations we pray to God for a good mark or something simple like that. From my experience i never got the results i wanted but i figured out that God doesnt make it happen, but he helps us make it happen. This is all i got from this passage again this is chapter 7 cuz we skipped it
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:07 pm

I have an open night at Earl Haig tonight!

Chapter 8 talks about one of the believers that spreaded God's word, named Philip. Many came to learn and see the miracles that he could do. He drove the devils screaming while getting sent out of possesed bodies and people who were paralized were healed. He had many people be baptized.
There was also a sorcerer named, Simon known for his magic. when Philip came and took the attention that Siomon once had, He was full of jealousy and went over to Philip and told him that he pay him for the power that Philip had when he placed hands of the people who were baptized so that Simon can send the Holy Spirit into them as well. The mistake he made was that you cannot buy God's gift.
This part speaks to be because it says that you need to give it your all not by money. By money, you will have happiness for a little while, but the true tresure is not gold but God's gift. It is priceless.

Well, that's all for now!
~audrey~ Very Happy
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:32 pm

I didnt get many important meassages or anything from this chapter, but one part that stood out to me was verses 9-24. It's mostly about a sorcerer named Simon that would be respected because he knew how to perform tricks. But when Philip came to Samaria he was not only performing great miracles, he was also preaching and spreading good news about Jesus Christ. Also, he was doing these miracles because he had recieved the Holy Spirit, but Simon was doing this from sorcery. Its obvious which one is better Razz
Anyway, Simon saw John and Peter receiving the Holy spirit and Simon wanted that. He tried to buy the Holy spirit, but Peter said that he can't be part of their ministry because his heart was still sinful and wrong for God. This teaches me that, I can't bargain with God. Ever. I have to be fully committed into believing and trusting in God. Money is nothing compared to what God could bless you with.
Thats it! Bye everyone! Have a good week!
-SARAH Smile
P.S. cant come to practice this week because i have a recital. Sorry :/
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:18 am

what stuck out to me in this chapter was that the holy spirit was speaking phillip. he could hear it clearly and he listened to it right away! i want to have a relationship like this with the Lord so that i may hear him wherever i go and have his guidance Razz beecauusee im not there yet honestly and im sure many of us arent either! sooo oi shall work towards it and hopefully it will come soon enough Smile
sorry this was a shorrrrrrrrtt devo! see yall saturday!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:34 am

Hey guys
I haven't gotten alot from this chapter
I tried reading the MSG version but still drawing blanks.
See you tomrroww
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:37 am

it seems like a lot of the chapters from acts are stories..
but i got some things form this chapter.

The first thing that stuck out to me was how so many people have such little faith, even us. In our world, it is evidence tahat makes us believe. Same with the people in this chapter... they only believed when they saw miracles being worked upon them. We should have strong faith in God with or without any miracles and if there is proof, more faith should be built. Not live with no faith and gain faith after given evidence. Always have faith!! Also, another thing the stuck out for me was to listen to everything God says to you. Phillip was told to do many things and he did them all.. the Spirit guided him and thats what God will do for us if we listen. If we decide to go our seperate ways, that can effect our walk with God and our faith in him.

josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down