Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 24 Dec 2

2 posters

Go down

Acts 24 Dec 2 Empty Acts 24 Dec 2

Post  Kevin Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:18 am

10 The governor motioned to Paul that it was now his turn. Paul said, "I count myself fortunate to be defending myself before you, Governor, knowing how fair-minded you've been in judging us all these years.11 I've been back in the country only twelve days-you can check out these dates easily enough. I came with the express purpose of worshiping in Jerusalem on Pentecost, and I've been minding my own business the whole time.12 Nobody can say they saw me arguing in the Temple or working up a crowd in the streets.13 Not one of their charges can be backed up with evidence or witnesses.

14 "But I do freely admit this: In regard to the Way, which they malign as a dead-end street, I serve and worship the very same God served and worshiped by all our ancestors and embrace everything written in all our Scriptures.15 And I admit to living in hopeful anticipation that God will raise the dead, both the good and the bad. If that's my crime, my accusers are just as guilty as I am.

This whole passage actually really stuck out to me. The judge had heard paul out and he simply stated his case.
I somehow was reminded of an analogy that what do the thoughts of people matter when it's between us and God?
Not saying that the judge was Godlike, but he did show such traits in hearing Paul out.

15 And I admit to living in hopeful anticipation that God will raise the dead, both the good and the bad. If that's my crime, my accusers are just as guilty as I am.[/color]

Paul wrecked his accusers. Straight upp hahahaha
But really, that's who God is. Giving mercy to those even if we don't deserve it.

That's what i got
ye
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Acts 24 Dec 2 Empty Re: Acts 24 Dec 2

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:16 am

Having a really hard time understanding what all these chapters really mean beause all is it is are just what the disciples did after Jesus left them.What i got out of this chapter was that we as christians will go through hard times and such but we should never give up. We should always accept God's hand and do his biddings. In my opinion we look towards God when we are in trouble or going through hard times rather than when were having a perfect life we wouldnt really look up towards God.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down