Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 28

5 posters

Go down

Acts 28 Empty Acts 28

Post  Grace Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:13 am

Uhmm for today's chapter I thinkthat it's pretty much saying that everyone has a fair chance to recurve salvation. But I alsofound this one part interesting....it said like how we can see it with our eyes but not fully understand.. Can't remeber for sure how it goes word for word but yeah it told me how a lot of us can read the wor but we don't really understand what it's saying. Some people can read he same chapter like ten times but they still don't get it. But when it sad that God gave salvation to the Gentiles. It was like God saying that even Rey can fully understand after He opens their eyes and exapnd their understanding.

Hope you guys had a good week. I'm so tired... And I don't want to read for a WHILE . Hahahahahahha good night!
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Acts 28 Empty Re: Acts 28

Post  Isaac Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:28 am

" I am bound with this chain because I believe that the hope of Israel—the Messiah—has already come.”"
were singing freedom (hopefully) tomorrow
this book talks about "chains" a lot, and i recommend you guys listen to the song before tomorrow!

" For the next two years, Paul lived in Rome at his own expense"
This guy defines commitment. or maybe he was THAT passionate. Two years AFTER all this? and the key word is "expense". He did it "out of his own expense".
Going into global development doenst hold a lot of financial stability for me, so im honestly scared for my future. But i trust God that he ll provide, fingers crossed :p

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:16 am

26" 'Go to this people and say,
"You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving."
27For this people's heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them

I really liked these verses. I know they're from Isaiah, but I think it's really relevant, especially since we've been talking so much about listening to God, frustration, being able to know God's plan in our lives. This is a reminder of how closed we can be to hearing and seeing God. It says that our hearts are 'calloused'. It's like how your fingers get calices when you play too much guitar. haha in the same way, our hearts have been hardened, perhaps with too much sin. (By this analogy, playing guitar is a sin. my analogy sucks)
Anyhoo I hope that God will move in every single one of us so that he may break our hearts - that we may be much more open and sensitive to God, and that this will allow us to really praise God with much more sincerity.
Can't wait till tmrw, see you guys soon!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:30 am

Matrix is still awesome EVEN after like a decade!

Paul I salute you!

Here we are at the end of Acts, and we were able to see the life Paul. I liked what Isaac said, about passion and commitment. Paul continued to stay at Rome, and we have to remember the life he has had. Paul had a hard but fulfilling life, he was so passionate and committed to God that he was basically like screw the hardships. Paul continued to share the word of God, finding new disciples. We got to read the actions of Christ.

I like what the Sam bible says

The book of Acts ends the way it began: with a call to make desciples of Jesus Christ.
The story still continues with today!

k that is all!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:47 am

i was jst thinking... Year 2000 was 10 years ago...
RELE WEIRD!!

5But Paul shook the snake off into the fire and suffered no ill effects. 6The people expected him to swell up or suddenly fall dead, but after waiting a long time and seeing nothing unusual happen to him, they changed their minds and said he was a god.
How the snake represents satan and how after the snake bit paul, he was immune to it
but people instead thought that he was a god... I think satan was trying to tempt paul
but he was too blind by god for him to eve hear satan.

26" 'Go to this people and say,
"You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving."
27For this people's heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.'[a]

Rele powerful, hardly hear with their ears
and they have closed their eyes...
We are physically listening and seeing but we even
tried this, we try to listen to god for five minutes and
even tho we try, it's hard to listen to him. it's cuz
we hardly even try to listen and hardly even try to see...
we need to have more moments of listening...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down