Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 13

4 posters

Go down

Acts 13 Empty Acts 13

Post  Sarah Oh Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:05 pm

Verse 10: "You are a child of the Devil and an enemy of everything that is right! You are full of all kinds of deceit and trickery. Will you never stop perverting the right ways of the Lord?

Paul says that to Elymas the sorcerer after he tried to proconsul from the faith. Elymas represents antichrists. I find antichrists really really scary. Peter also says that God is now against him and turns him blind. This proves that I need God in my life or else scary things like that might happen to me!

Verse 47, "For this is what the Lord has commanded us: I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth."

When the Jews saw Paul and Barnabas preaching to the Gentiles about God's word they were jealous and said bad things about what Paul was preaching about. Paul told the Jews that since they didn't listen to what they had to say, God commanded them to tell the Gentiles.
This verse didn't really teach me anything but I felt like it was an important part of todays chapter.

See you guys soon!!!!
-Sarah Very Happy
P.S. Is Pastor Dan gonna decide this weeks setlist?? Cuz I think Christine told me that he is......
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Acts 13 Empty Re: Acts 13

Post  James Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:04 am

I've had such a tough week, following behind on my studies. If you guys could pray for me, that'd be cool Smile

To be honest, the conversations that I have with Jesus are starting to fade, as I feel that I'm kind of turning away from him. Verse 38, "Therefore, my brothers, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you." This verse is so blatant, simple, and straight to the point. This reminds me that if we can't forgive others, God could never forgive us.

I hope you guys have a great second-half of the week!
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:28 am

39 Everyone who believes in him is declared right with God—something the law of Moses could never do.\

This made me think about exactly WHERE we would be without God.
It's hard to imagine because there are countless things that we don't know about that God has done for us.
The only way we could understand how it would feel like if God wasn't there was if he actually wasn't
Thankfull he's not.......
"Something the law of Moses could never do"
That verse struck me as how much we rely on God.
How much are we capable as humans, how far can we go in our own strength?
Luckily, we don't need to rely on our own strength!

That's a;; o gpt
sdwepce
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:52 am

It was more of a story to me guys....