Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 20

+2
James
Sarah Oh
6 posters

Go down

Acts 20 Empty Acts 20

Post  Sarah Oh Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi everyone!
Verse 24 was really interesting for me. It talks about how Paul considered his life nothing without Christ and how he is going to live his whole life preaching the gospel. Even though it's hard to live a life exactly like Paul's, I think all of us can learn from that verse.
Bye! See you guys soon1
-Sarah Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Acts 20 Empty Re: Acts 20

Post  James Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:57 pm

Verse 35: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'

This verse seemed really important to me, as today was my friend's birthday. We all pitched in a couple bucks, and bought him a nice set of headphones. It felt really good giving him the gift. On Saturday, my brother gave me a Queen's shirt and all I could do in return is to say thank you. It's really a blessing to give, although it may seem misleading.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:41 am

just like Sarah, i got something from verse 24

24 I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task fo testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

This verse really spoke to me because it shows that to put others before you. It doesnt mean to actually make your life worth nothing, it just means to put others before you and to complete the task that God has set out for you, which is to spread his gospel to others. Since we are already believers of Christ and have faith, we should spread Gods word as if it is the only thing we can give (since we put our lives to worth nothing). If all of us continue to spread his word without shame, we will be able to complete his task for us by spreading his word to everything so that he may be known to all and to all, we may be saved!
Smile
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:39 am

30 Even some men from your own group will rise up and distort the truth in order to draw a following.

This brings me to the topic of question EVERYTHING we hear about Christianity.
We don't question everything to have a shaky faith, we question everything to gain a better understanding.
Sometimes, head Pastors can preach false testimony, and it may not be on purpose.
We should all be highly encouraged to think twice about everything we hear and make sure that we interpret it the right way.

That's it
Gniseh
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:09 am

29 I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock.
Have you ever wondered why it was so difficult after the first few weeks after a retreat?
I mean, you're feeling all refreshed and then suddenly, bam! Obstacles, everywhere.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, not to give up just because some obstacles got in your way. Try to maintain your faith, and be as consistent as you can (or yeno, you could always just try to become more and more faithful and increasingly closer to God... that works too!)
Yeah, so don't give up! Very Happy

alright, good night all you lovely people, you. (:
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:22 am

Had a Horrible day today. I got an interview at Best Buy 2morrow. Wish me luck!

22 “And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. 23 I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me.

This verse actually very helpful to me today especially in my given situation. We don't know what's going to happen to us. We have to understand that not everything's gonna go smoothly and we have to be prepared for all our struggles.

35 In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”

I came to the realization that I'm actually a very selfish person. Especially when it comes to possessions. But this verse kinda made me feel stupid. There were moments in my life where I've actually been very selfless and it felt amazing but no matter what happens, I always go back to my selfish ways but aren't we all stupid?? We all know sinning's bad and doing righteous things will only bring us good, but we still sin anyways. God has patients and a lot of it. To think that he had the patients to wait for us from the beginning of time which is a couple of billions of years.

Well that's all I got today and man do I have a day 2morrow
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down