Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 16

+3
josephpaik
Sarah Oh
Audrey Jong
7 posters

Go down

Acts 16 Empty Acts 16

Post  Audrey Jong Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:44 pm

How's everyone's day doin so far???? I had a parent teacher interview today......... Big projects comming veeeery soon!
What i got from Acts 16 was they were talking about Paul's misssionary and the teachings that he did in these places. But what really did stand out to me in this chapter was the story of how Paul and Silas were arrested, severely beaten, and then thrown into prision. While Paul and Silas were sining hymns in the jail cells, the ground shook and the doors flung open and the chains immediately fell off!
I liked this part of the chapter the best because I find it so inspireing since Paul and Silas were still praising God even after they got arrested and beaten....They never gave up on God. I remember in one of the services a while ago, the pastor was talking about how God is not the one who gives up on us, but it is us who ends up giving up.
So the rest of the chapter just talks about them getting out of prison and the wittnesses were amazed by them and God.

Have a great week everyone!
Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Acts 16 Empty Re: Acts 16

Post  Sarah Oh Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:28 pm

It was so cold today!
Verse 25, "About Midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God and the other prisoners were listening to them".
Like Audrey, I felt amazed that Paul and Silas were still praising God after they were abused brutally and thrown into prison. They didn't complain or get angry, they were just simply praising the Lord.

Bye guys! Have a great week!
-Sarah Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:40 pm

hey guys im so stressed right now.
last night i slept at 2
and woke up at 5.
i have a project due tomorrow.. i will catch up devos later when i am less stressed.
i read over the chapters but its too stressful to think and reflect on it since i have so much memorizing to do.
sorry
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:09 am

hey guys!! uggh! been soo stressed and tired lately. i have essays and lots of homework given every night...hope your week hasnt been as bad but from what i read from others, i guess not...
ok so in acts 16 its about when paul and silas were beaten, arrested and taken to prison. even though they were in prison, they continued to praise God and worship him. i personally found it amazing how they managed to sing hymms and praise God in prison. it made me think of how we shouldnt walk away from God and how we should always think of him. like for us now, we are all pretty much stressed out from school so we should pray to God and continue to praise him and not walk away from him. God is always there for us so we should thank him and turn to him all the time no matter what situation. well thats what i got from this chapter.
have an awesome week guys!
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:29 am

Once again
Today's reading was difficult
I'll attempt reading it again
ALSO
Jenn has not been posting because she has no internet
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:59 am

phew, well then! what a tiring week it's already been! yeesh, I'm already falling asleep. :/
Anyway, I'll try to be as quick as possible with this so I don't go off on a tangent.

*random note: I kind of enjoyed how they use the word "we" and not "they". You don't see THAT often, in the bible, now do you?

31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”
I know it's not much but it's always good to have a reminder, right? (:
Also, keep in mind that you AND your household will be saved, not only yourself, if you believe in the lord and put your faith in him!
That sounds like a pretty good deal to me! hahhaa

okay, sorry guys. that's it! I'm about ready to ko right now.. TILL NEXT TIME, FAREWELL ALL!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:23 am

hey guys, I worked sooo long today. and it was SOOO BUSY!!!!!
I hate vampires....

I didnt get much this chapter. All just telling kinda stories...

Got a math test 2morrow pce
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down