Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 2 (Dec 22)

+3
Grace
Billy Kim
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

Acts 2 (Dec 22) Empty Acts 2 (Dec 22)

Post  Isaac Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:02 pm

nom nom nom
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Acts 2 (Dec 22) Empty Re: Acts 2 (Dec 22)

Post  Billy Kim Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:22 pm

Hey guys, can u guys tell me when we are meeting at church
asap?? cuz there is a chance that i might not be able to make it
cuz of work...

This chapter was sick, the deciples earned SPIRIT POWER!! able to speak in many different
languages... Judas dies the last chapter but the faithful ones that didnt fall for temptation were
given special powers from god...

36"Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."

iunno how to like explain this verse and how important it is... Also, starting from this line, this
is when OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS STARTED!!! This is when christianity was born...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:45 am

sorry cathy.... uhm.... im just going to have to stick to skinny's and a pretty top kay ? but so that you dont feel too formal, ill put on a pair of heels : ) hahahahhahahaha

The Fellowship of the Believers
42They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. 44All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. 46Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.

I've read this section a lot, and i really like it every time i read it.
The Fellowship of Believers= FOB! HAHAHA i learned that from this seminar at vision x by Pastor John Cho from Onnuri. Its like one of the main verses they live by in that church. All of their teams and ministries are built around this verse. What is a fellowship of believers? Well fellowship is a gathering for a Christ-based purpose, and so fellowship of believers is a group of people who gather for Christ! So we are a fellowship of believers! HAHA
Anything is fellowship if it is a meeting based on God. If it circles Christ, then it is fellowship. I think fellowship is really important in a church. Like its a way to get to know your brothers and sisters and it gives you an opportunity to share and grow together by relating to other people. We cant grow alone, thats why God gave us this christian community. Why we gather together each week at church. Your walk with God is obviously mainly WITH God, but those people who help you grow, keep you on the right path is also an important part. Cathy and I were talking about this, and for some reason if we are away from our friends, we tend to miss our chrisitan/church friends more. Like we obviously think about our other friends from school.. but when we're away from our church friends, we feel more deprived, and you cant wait until you can be with them again. Its because we have GOD as our connection. Frienships without God as the center can only last so long, its... harder to maintain that friendship because you dont have the most important common thing. I think thats why, no matter how far away you move, if you have that Christian connection, then your friendship always lasts through it all! We should meet up and have a time of fellowship outside of practice ^.^ hehe

see you guys tomorrow ! Oh jacob, i might be a little late.... i have an orth. appointment before, so it depends how long it takes me to get to church from thornhill..

Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:57 am

Forgeeeet Work.
it starts at 7.
COME.

38Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call."

I like this, it means the Holy spirit isn't subjective but open to everyone who accepts Christ.
If we want it that bad God will provide.

42They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. 44All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. 46Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.

This section shows that fellowship and community is important. When you do things together you keep each other accountable
and you learn from each other.

Let's learn from this and continue to serve one another and encourage each other!

See you tomorrow!
Bring your Secret Santa gifts tomorrow if you can Smile
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:38 am

""Change your life. Turn to God"
im reading the message version now. Its even easier to read than NLT

Ive made a big change in my life, because of ouac. I suppose my life was headed to this world, when God had bigger plans. Its still hard, and im still struggling with "changing my life".
Next to changing your life, is turning to God. For me, changing my life wasnt the hard part... it was turning to God when, in reality, i needed him the most. I dont think its shame, i think its just not something of habit.

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:44 am

Umm I don't think I say this enough, but thank you guys for being such an amazing part of my life. lol excluding Kevin...Jks Kevin we cool! Yah I did a bit of personal reflecting!

The power of the holy spirit. The impossible becomes possible.

It really does boggle the mind, the extent of power the holy spirit/God has. When you aer in love with God, and you want to do his son's work he will bless you witht he tools to do it. God will provide. He will not leave you on your own, when you want to serve him. Have faith in him, and he will provide you the means to do his work. This can also test your patience.

I see that the Lord is always with Me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me!

I love this passage.

anyways c ya tmrw
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:07 am

Hullo everyone! Oh man I'm so very very tired.

"3They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues[a] as the Spirit enabled them. "
I think the gift of tongues is SO COOL. ahha ive never really thought about it that much until today, but today I really started to think about the significance of the gift of tongues. I mean, the other gifts like prophesy or teaching, all seem to have a more definite purpose - they are all veyr useful in expanding God's kingdom and helping people along the path of Christianity. But at first glance, tongues seems to be sort of useless. But in this chapter, the Holy spirit comes upon the disciples and allows them to start speaking in tongues. It says that there were people of all nations and languages that were present,and they were all astonished because each of them heard it in their own language.
"We hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!"
I think that on a greater level, tongues represents the unity that does and should exist between Christians all over the world. We as humans are just so limited by physical restrictions - we can't easily talk to or see someone from another continent.. And even if we can, the language barrier is the biggest obstacle between two people. But when the Holy Spirit comes upon people and allows them to speak in tongues, it's not only really cool, but to me, it represents the greater power that allows us to overcome language barriers and really be united in Christ - because of our faith, we are all one body Smile

See y'all tmrw! Can't wait
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:20 am

21 But everyone who calls on the name of the Lord
will be saved.

If we ask Jesus for help and call upon his name he'll be there for us. When we ask him for help, we're putting our faith in him and he will respond. I thought about it and we're so undeserving of help from the lord. It reminds me of the song, Unashamed by Starfield. The lyrics go, "I know i'm weak, i know im unworthy to call upon your name" We're so unworthy to ask God for help, but in the end of the day, he listens and provides. It's really nice knowing that we have a God who's like a shepard, caring for every single one of us. He doesn't have anyone missing from his mind, he loves every one of us, except maybe Allan. Just kidding!!!! We cool we cool! :p

ughh so tired haha!

see you guys
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down