Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 5

+3
Kevin
Isaac
Cathy
7 posters

Go down

Acts 5 Empty Acts 5

Post  Cathy Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:46 pm

Oh my goodness. I did my devos at like 11am today and i just reailzed it didnt post. RAWRRRRR
But pretty much I talked about Ananias and Sapphira and how i thought that the reason that God took such extreme measures is that they were dishonest about their wealth. I don't think God would kill us if we didnt' give 100% of our earnings to him, as long as we don't lie about it and try to fool ourselves, others, or God. When we give back to the Lord, we need to do it with a heart that says 'here, God. This is what I have to give to you. Thank you for the rest of the money that you have given me to help me survive' (in my original post i phrased it better Razz)
i also talked about the verse,
"38Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God."
I really liked it becasue Gamaliel is wise enough to know the limits of human power - he says that if the apostles arent of God, then they will fail anwyays. But if they are from God, not only should they not be stopping them, but that there's no point - because God will always prevail and have his way. it sorta started making me think about my future - as you may all know ive been praying about what God wants for me in the future - and I know that there will be many obstacles that I'll have to work through to get there - not only exterior obstacles, but within me, I know that I'll have to come to terms with some things and maybe sacrifice some of the things that I envisioned for my own life. People might disagree because we all have different opinions on the free will vs. God's plan topic, but I figure that in the end, God will have his way in me. (Unless I totally become a failure) so whether I can obey him when he tells me to do something, or I can be stubborn and try to do things my own way, and then later end up regretting it or making God put me through some crazy terrible stuff to make me realize what I have to do. In the end God is more powerful than any of us - so let's surrender our lives to God.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Acts 5 Empty Re: Acts 5

Post  Isaac Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:37 pm

nom nom nom

"“Jesus is the Messiah.”"
One message, an eternal meaning. I like how they escaped from jail. Because it shows that once God has you on his path, theres nothing that will stand in your way. As cliche as that sounds. Like money for instance, missionaries some how make it by. Even though they make squat.
Thats something ive been trying to conceive as i pick my universities.

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:58 pm

39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to overthrow them. You may even find yourselves fighting against God!"

This verse is scary for the people against God. I didn't really get alot but the chapter related to this verse. Two people died because of going against God. It shows how powerful God really is. It's best if we stay on God's good side so that we'll be fighting with him, not against him.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:03 am

Hey team how was your day? Okay so my comp is all messed up so I'm gonna have to keep it short and post from my iPod touch..
pretty much I loved that one short part where it says that jesus is messiah just like Isaac. The first thing tha came to mind was that song Jesus messiah by Chris Tomlin. Hehe awesome song with powerful words. I feel like a lot of people tend to take Jesus' story really lightly because it's a story we've heard for like the past ten years since sunday school right?but Christ is like the most important symbol. The greatest way God showed us that he loves us. I mean there's got to be a reason why everyone christian or non Christian knows right? But I ithnk that as christians we need to show others why that sacrifice matters why everyone knows it so well. We need to let others know the worth of Jesus' story. He gave us salvation even though we don't deserve to be saved he still wants to be with us!!!
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:36 am

Long story sort got the day mixed up did 5 yesterday oops

Chapter 5

has given us so much; everything we have is from God. We have no authority over anything in this world, and if we do it is a illusion created by the world. Nothing is permanently ours, but God has still given us all these things, so our lives can be easier. God has given us the power to make choices, and that is one of God's greatest gifts, but don't half-ass your decision. If God has given us the power to make a decision follow through with it, especially if it is related to God's glory. In today's chapter we see a husband and wife that lied and disrespected God's kind gift. They could have kept their wealth or donate it. It is totally their decisions. They didn't have to abandon their wealth; I mean it is not a sin to keep your wealth, but how you use it. They decided to sell it all, but they did not follow through with it. The problem is they directly lied to God. They said they did, but obviously they didn’t. Their really is no excuse, because it is your initial choice.

Chapter 4 (sry guys lol...I swear I was SOBER!)

Wow d0_chebags!
PEOPLE are complaining about someone being healed. I love the complicated paradox christianity has. It is so simple, but it is not. God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved. Sounds simple, but it is not at the same time. lol Did not get much for chapter 4

c ya all
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:17 am

my teeth are over...
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:22 am

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:14 am

hey guys, Jst came back from my friend's house
after working out... Havent worked out for a while
and i'm tired as heck!!! everything looks blurry...
But i'll read it...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down