Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 8

4 posters

Go down

Acts 8 Empty Acts 8

Post  Billy Kim Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:40 pm

Hey guys, i'm leaving for a party now,
i'll be rele late or either gonna be in niagara falls right
after the party so i'll do it asap!! HAPPY NEW YEARS GUYS!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Acts 8 Empty Re: Acts 8

Post  Grace Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:18 pm

praise teammmmmm ! i miss you guys, wish i could spend new years with you all... but it looks like ill be in st. catherines with all the fam...
BUT im pretty excited for saturday : )

hmm, i really liked todays chapter

12But when they believed Philip as he preached the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. 13Simon himself believed and was baptized. And he followed Philip everywhere, astonished by the great signs and miracles he saw.
This really reminds you of how GREAT God is! I remember that book, where an athiest went to prove his wife wrong about Christianity.. but then ended up turning into a Christian himself. It tells you how awesome God's power is, how no one can prove God wrong. Even those who didnt believe and did things that werent pleasing in God's sight can recieve salvation and believe that God is real! My dad was like that personally... so many people from the church i used to go to (niagara korean pres church) kept going "Jesus loves you" "go to church!" Sort of like what i shared yesterday... and it made my dad really angry cause, no one could back up what they were preaching to him... and its like if they didnt know, how did they expect my dad to know , confused? LOL but long story short, my dad read the bible, trying to prove them all wrong... but ended up believe just from reading Genesis... thats like really rare.. because the bible is like a code between God and His followers... nothing really makes sense unless God gives you that knowledge. But this proves even more that God is REAL !

21You have no part or share in this ministry, because your heart is not right before God.
Before we worship on sunday.. we always say "lets pray to God that we can set our hearts in the right place. Calm our hearts, and lets focus on God" you know what i mean? And it IS important! God does not accept worship that doesnt come from the heart. Because unless you are focused on Him, how are you worshiping Him? Our minds tend to wander... start thinking about different things...but when we worship God. We need to put all of that aside... struggles, good thingss, etc etc and just let it all go. Focus on God only. God wants GENUINE worship. not just "oh yeah, today im going to raise my hands up when i sing. and im going to yell at the top of my lungs when i pray" you know what i mean? God doesnt want a show... he wants personal, real, heart felt worship from you!

so pretty much ive been cleaning like allday... and now... i gotta go back and clean some more... -.- HAHA see you all soon
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:18 pm

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!

""May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money! 21You have no part or share in this ministry, because your heart is not right before God."
Hahah oh man. simon thought he could buy the holy spirit with his money. tsk tsk. Sadly, this isnt as ridiculous as it sounds.. The Catholics really dropped the ball on this for years.. For a while they thought that you could only achieve salvation if you bought enough.. things. I don't remember what they're called but the richer you were, the more you bought, and people thought you were holier. Isn't that crazy? Priests and bishops and people actually encouraged this kind of ideology. Way to ignore the message of the bible, man. in the end God doesn't ask for money. he really couldnt care less becuase if he wanted money, he could.. make it himself because in the end our money comes from God anyways.. God wants the simplest, but sometimes the hardest thing of all - just our passionate and genuine hearts.
So simple but sometimes we're so relunctant to give it to him. Let's start this New year off with a bang! And really lift up 2010 to God, praying that in this new year we're really going to be able to have fresh beginnings and GOOD CHANGE!
happy new years everyone!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:05 am

20 But Peter replied, "May your money be destroyed with you for thinking God's gift can be bought

We don't need money for God. God mainly wants us to give offering so that we won't think of money as an idol. For God's love, all we need to do is believe, and it's a bit reasonable why Simon thought he could buy God's love. Maybe it was a way of showing that giving money to God for love was to show he didn't care about money and it wasn't an idol to him. But always remember Money isn't a necessity for God.

Anyone going to church?> haha
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:30 am

Hey guys, back from the party and dunt be asking if
i got girls or rachel han cuz i honestly didnt... LOL Was a
sick party and i'm not intoxicated or anything... LOL
Altho i have to say, all the hot girls that i kno in school
were there except for the fobs... LOL didnt like grind with
them or anything so chill jacob... LOL

20Peter answered: "May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money!

Sick line cuz honestly, we shouldn't worship money... We always have hard time worshipping money and
money changes our life... money is only an objecy we shouldn't let things like that effect us...
thats all i could get... lol good night guys and happy new years...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down