Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 7 (Dec 30)

5 posters

Go down

Acts 7 (Dec 30) Empty Acts 7 (Dec 30)

Post  Isaac Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:58 pm

nom nom nom
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Acts 7 (Dec 30) Empty Re: Acts 7 (Dec 30)

Post  Kevin Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:18 am

25 Moses assumed his fellow Israelites would realize that God had sent him to rescue them, but they didn't.

Like sam said once, we humans are so oblivious to the obvious. Israelites were getting bullied by an Egypsy, and when another Egyptian comes and kills him, you'd think why did he do that? They probably should think that this guy's here to save us. Moses was dressed like an Egyptiain and killed a fellow egyptian. The isrealites probably misconcepted and thought it was just personal matter the two egyptians had. Sometimes, it can be easy to misconcept what God really wants. Prayers important, but listening hard is just as important.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:36 am

54When they heard this, they were furious and gnashed their teeth at him. 55But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56"Look," he said, "I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."
haha kay so this actually.. funny story... so pretty much what happened is that i was waiting for my bus to come right? and this random lady comes up and is like "Jesus loves you blah blah blah" and it made me think about all those things i was taught about simplicity. How God wants you to evangilise, but do it in the right , simple way that wont make people go farther away from God. You know, looking really hypocritical.. and so she was saying how Jesus loved me and i was like "why?" cause she obvi doesnt know if im Christian or not.. and she had no answer.. ignored what i said and gave me this booklet called "false things about the bible" and in there it said. "GOD IS NOT A TRINITY. in the bible it said (the verses i put up there) and therefor there is nothing about the holy spirit being there.. so therefore is no trinity"... okay... uhmm... right... i couldnt read any more of it.. because there IS the trinity. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I sort of saw today, why coming off like that on someone really is the WORSTway to get someone to become "a christian". Like we're not perfect, and we dont know all the facts... then we go to someone else expecting them to just be like "okay". You know what i mean? The best way is to show them God's love through our actions and words, not just going around once a week handing out flyers and telling people things that you dont have an answer to... You could imagine how many times someone has gone up to the same person and told them the same message, but then had nothing come of it. God uses us in different ways.. and if God wants it to happeb he can make someone believe that way... but thats where simplicity comes in. Spiritual disciplines are so important, and we need to follow them!
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:44 am

hahaha wow so today's chapter was a total "Old Testament in 5 minutes" summary.. haha I didn't get anything specific but I did love how Stephen pointed out the sinful nature of the Israelite people.. Even though God alwyas came and rescued the Israelites, they always continued to turn their backs on him, and rejected the Holy Spirit. We're all so stupid and we go back to our old ways - or our parents' old ways. We are sinful by nature, and the only way we can break this cycle of sin is through complete surrender to the new life God gives us. But we need to make the commitment to give 100% of our lives to God - because that little bit that we hide from God will always come back and bite us in the arse.
good night everyone! I'm pooped!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:38 am

Hey guys, sorry for doing it soo late...
i had to do some translating for my parents
and my brother for signing up with the canadian forces...
since i'm basically the only literate person in the family...
HAHA, haven't had a long chapter for a while SICK!!!

ummm didnt get much from this chapter cuz it was all story telling but
this line rele interested me...

59While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit." 60Then he fell on his knees and cried out, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." When he had said this, he fell asleep.

Do not hold this sins agaisnt them... How can u say that to people who are trying to kill you!!!
I wouldn't be able to say that if someone pushed me!! Love your enemies!! That's probably one
of the hardest thing to do but stephen was able to do it... Iunno if falling asleep was death
but if he died man, thats one of the strongest hearts i've heard off...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:12 am

I'm waiting for the bus Sad its so cold ....
Like cathy said this is like old testament 101. I think we read almost all of these stories, however its good to get a refresher. I like at the beginning when abraham, then called abrahm, was called to leave and become a nation. When I studied this in world religion last year, I found out how hard it really was for him. First, he was well off (I think). His dad was also a idol maker (out of wood, there's this cool story of how it all went on fire). So for him to leave and listen to a God that wasn't know, and who hadn't really spoken to man since moses, he listened and left. We should all have this mentaLlity of following God. I mean we know of his existence, we have Jesus and the holy spirit, and the entire Bible in almost any language. Its hard to believe that abraham even considered following God.

Anywho I'm almost home now Smile can't wait to sleep

-Isaac

P.s I wasn't at a party.... I was killing a penis dragon
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down