Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 18

+2
Billy Kim
Grace
6 posters

Go down

Luke 18 Empty Luke 18

Post  Grace Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:17 pm

18A certain ruler asked him, "Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?" 19"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone. 20You know the commandments: 'Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.'[b]" 21"All these I have kept since I was a boy," he said. 22When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." 23When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was a man of great wealth. 24Jesus looked at him and said, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! 25Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

I liked todays chapter~ this guy thats talking to Jesus is a good example of the wealthy people in our world. People who have a lot of money has like a better chance of thinking "i dont need anything else.... i have all i need right here" But God is a God who asks for sacrifice. Like those who have nothing, it is easier for them to give everything up and go follow Jesus, but when youre wealthy, imagine how hard it is to just leave that all behind to follow someone. My cousins family is like that. So rich, and they refuse to believe in God. they feel like they dont need God. No one is good. Only God is good, Jesus says that in those verses. Are we willing to sacrifice everything for God? Do we hve faith in God to do that?
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Luke 18 Empty Re: Luke 18

Post  Billy Kim Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:56 am

SOOO TIRED!! Biking like 2 miles in this weather
isnt the BEST idea!!

16But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

Well, it was rele hard to understand it at first but when jesus said the kingdom of god
belongs to such as these. I was thinking wat babies represent... If u think about it
babies represent innocence and cleanliness! I think wat jesus is saying is that we need
to clean our selves with sin by repenting and asking for forgiveness. We shouldn't hide
from god cuz he knos already and he will forgive us...

42Jesus said to him, "Receive your sight; your faith has healed you." 43Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus, praising God. When all the people saw it, they also praised God.

It was a miracle done by god and it tells u a good story but all i got was a bad message...
the blind man got he's sight back, but it's amazing on how much we depend on our own
abilities... The funny thing is, people wont fully praise god untill we see a miracle with our
own eyes... Y cant we jst worship with our FAITH ONLY!! But the good thing is, the blind man
had strong faith even THO he was blind... That is hard, i think we would ALL have a hrad time
worshipping god if we were blind or physically disabled, We need a strong faith like the blind man!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:59 am

yeeeeeeeeeeeeee
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

sorry guys, studied all day and then went out with some friends :S

"For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”"
I love this verse. Its like the dinner table one. I really think that its hard to be humble... Like even those who are naturally humble. People who are naturally humble dont know they are being humble, so it doesnt count :p Its really hard for someone who isnt naturally humble to show humility. Its something that i think everyone needs to strive for.

Also, in this chapter at the end, when the blind man can see because of his faith. I think this could be also spiritual blindness. Just wanted to chuck that out there! aha

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:24 am

In reality we are so undeserving, how can the pharisee pray as if he did everything.
God does not care if you brag about what you did. Why in the world would he listen to someone who
just brags about about he did. God would rather listen to those who need him, and pleads. God is not there to
give you a ,"good job, your so much better than him/her." You can do that with a mirror. You are being just full of yourself. Don't let what you do for Christ
become something you use to brag and get cocky with. Don't use you position to create a hierarchy. Like praise team is obviously better than w/e. That is the wrong mentality.

The moment you use your position to create a hierarchy, is the moment you lost your humility and responsibility given by God.

K that is all!

chow
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:29 am

"But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'
"I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

Yet again Jesus emphasizes how important it is to be humble. There's no point in being a Christian if it makes you think that you're better than other people and better than all the sinners. Because no matter how 'christian' someone may be, we're ALL SINNERS. unless you're Jesus. So good luck with that. It's much better in God's eyes to accept our sinful nature, admit it and humble ourselves and ask God for help rather than parading around calling ourselves holy. For me this served as an important reminder that we should go to God even when we're feeling the lowest and the most sinful. Because God does want to hear it. In fact, he wants to hear it a lot more than us saying things like " I thank you that I am not like other men"

" 15People were also bringing babies to Jesus to have him touch them.'
I wish I was Jesus..
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down