Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 3 (Wed 17)

+2
Grace
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

Luke 3 (Wed 17) Empty Luke 3 (Wed 17)

Post  Isaac Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:56 pm

Very Happy
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Luke 3 (Wed 17) Empty Re: Luke 3 (Wed 17)

Post  Grace Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:06 pm

i have the beep test, and a summative on trig tomorrow.... oh boy :S

16John answered them all, "I baptize you with[c] water. But one more powerful than I will come, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.
i liked this verse Smile it reminded me of a few things. first i realized how in front of others eyes, we could look so holy, and we may say things that sound more wise , and act the way good chrisitans should, but in front of God, compared to Jesus, we're so not worthy! because we're not perfect. Like John said, we're not even worthy to untie His shoes!

22and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."
reading this, it made me want to be even better, try harder. I want to please God. I make lots of mistakes, but im going to try my hardest to do what God wants me to do, to be pleasing in His sight. "you are my son, whom i love" God says this to US in the bible. We are the sons and daughters of God, and He LOVES us! His love is unfailing, and with Him we can do great things! Let's strive to do better, to please God, and to just serve Him with full and open hearts Smile

hope all of you have been doing good!
this week is going by so quickly..... wow.... hahaha
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:04 pm

I'm SO TIRED maybe I'll nap after devos. I just want November to be over. I have sucha terrible week coming up, I just wanna fast forward to December when all is happy and christmasy.

"The axe is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire."
How frightening. John warns us of God's wrath, telling us that he is READY - that if we are not glorifying God and producing good fruit with our actions and words, that we might as well just not exist.. Hopefuly that's enough motivation for us :p

With everything that John was doing, people thought that he was the saviour... But he makes it very clear that he doesn't even measure up to Jesus, going far as to say that hes not even worthy to take off Jesus' sandals.. I really like the humility that John shows - John fully knew that his purpose was to rpepare people for the coming of the Lord, and he did just that - with no complaint or desire to be greater and rise above God's pre-planned plan for him..
John baptized with water, but he says that Jesus:
"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. "
This reminded me of the Living water that we talked about with Sayah. Jesus fills us with the Holy Spirit, which unlike water, doesn't dry up or go away. Because we have this holy spirit within us, we, too, have God's presence and grace in us wherever we go, and it alows us to be a spiritual being, even though we, like animals are also physical beings. Also I really like the symbolism of FIRE, because fire spreads. So to me it means that we can't just hog the Holy Spirit and keep it locked up in our hearts for only us to enjoy. Instead, we should be sharing the spirit and love with people all around us, so t aht it may spread like wildfire! YEAHHH

im gonna go nap.
toodles! Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:24 pm

anyone else see the huge family history at the end of the chapter?

16 John answered their questions by saying, "I baptize you with water; but someone is coming soon who is greater than I am—so much greater that I'm not even worthy to be his slave and untie the straps of his sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.

John baptizes with water and Jesus baptizes with holy spirit and fire. This verse had a comparison of what John did and what Jesus did. John baptizes with physical things like water but Jesus baptizes with holy spirit and fire. I'll assume fire isn't literal haha. Jesus has a more spriitual way of doing things. When people get baptized, it means that they are willing to devote their lives to him and confess him as their saviour and Jesus does that spiritually. Instead of just saying to people that now you are baptized and love Jesus, he actually gets people to believe him and does it with passion. Jesus shares his love so that people will see God from him and he is God himself and he will put a flame in our hearts and have the passion to worship him. I just hope that our whole ministry will have a passion for worship and say that Jesus is their saviour.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:17 pm

i love street missions, because i read a book when i was younger about this guy who helped homeless people in toronto.. and i got his autograph Smile
"“If you have two shirts, give one to the poor. If you have food, share it with those who are hungry.”"
I really wish we still did street missions... seeing as the winter is fast approaching, maybe we as a praise team can do on together? yea yea?

did anyone else get mind blown by Jesus' genealogy...? i didnt know it went back to adam, then God... MIND BLOWING I TELLSSS YOOUSSS :p

have a good thursday guys!

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:10 am

lol got the best short ever . There is a picture of a zombie's had inside the shirt, so you flip you shirt over your head, and basically your head is covered by a picture of a zombie. lol I scared myself when I tried it out.

I really liked the idea of giving.

To give. Giving sounds like a easy thing to do, but it is not always something we have on the top our minds. We will give when we are told or reminded, but having the heart to give always poised and ready is a hard thing to do.

We should do street missions that would be sick! SICK IDEA ISAAC

God's salavation is for everyone. If you are willing to receive it with open hands and heart, you will get salvation. No mattter who you are or past.

Oh sick

Son of God! Yeah we are all son...fin o daughter of God!

k that is all
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:18 am

Hey guys, Started the morning horrible because
i was streching when i got up and i PULLED MY muscles!!
IT HURT SOOO MUCH!!! NEWAYS!!

4As is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet:
"A voice of one calling in the desert,
'Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for him.
5Every valley shall be filled in,
every mountain and hill made low.
The crooked roads shall become straight,
the rough ways smooth.
6And all mankind will see God's salvation.' "

Amazing sets of words... Every MOUNTAIN and hills made low, I takes thousands of years for
the bible's saying that god's salvation is THAT powerful...

11John answered, "The man with two tunics should share with him who has none, and the one who has food should do the same."

Sick verse, we are very selfish, EVERYBODY has selfish desires but we need to show our hearts,
help each other out, and also sacrifice for others... We need to learn how to give to others when
they dont ever need it. Help people without expecting anything back... Help others that doesnt have
anything... And btw ISAAC! SICK IDEA ON STREET MISSIONS!!!

34the son of Jacob,
the son of Isaac,

jst wanted to point that out because it's rele weird... btw if i look at my
contact list in order, your guys are right next to each other...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down