Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 12

+2
Isaac
Grace
6 posters

Go down

Luke 12 Empty Luke 12

Post  Grace Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:31 pm

hey guys !
i have to leave for a hockey game in like......... 20 mins, so im gonna post and go ! hehe

4"I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. 5But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.
i liked this. like ive been saying like a lot of my devos. The people of this world... can only do so much, we may suffer for a while while we are still living here, but God really is the one who matters. The people here cant do anything after we leave this place... BUT God determines whether you go to heaven or hell. So which is smarter? Being faithful, or just trying to survive while we live here for a short time compared to the rest of eternity that will be spent in heaven or hell?

22Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.
this sort of adds to my prev one.... the things of this world, only matters to such an extent. We need more than just food and clothes to live. We need GOD!

35"Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning, 36like men waiting for their master to return from a wedding banquet, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him. 37It will be good for those servants whose master finds them watching when he comes. I tell you the truth, he will dress himself to serve, will have them recline at the table and will come and wait on them. 38It will be good for those servants whose master finds them ready, even if he comes in the second or third watch of the night. 39But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have let his house be broken into. 40You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."
this one really got me thinking. It's so true! We shouldnt just be lazy, and do nothing. WE shouldnt keep sinning without caring and doing whatever we want... we need to be READY living everyday like Jesus will be here any second, because Christ is going to come when we least expect it. God gives us like 80-90 years to live on this earth, to reach out to others, make a difference in His name... and we shouldnt take this time for granted! you here "live life to the fullest" "live everyday like its your last" some people take it as "have fun everyday" but i take it as "live everyday... like there is no tomorrow.... like this will be your last chance to reach out to someone, and let them know that God loves them, that there is a savior out there that loves them so much!" TRANSFORMATION . All we can do, is set a seed in their heart... God willl take it from there... but we need to do our best, and reach out to those who do not know about the good news! That was God's command for us, from the old testiment, to now.... so that one day His glory will stretch from one end of the world to the other, like the water covers the oceans.

have a good saturday guys! and ill see you all tomorrow ^^
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Luke 12 Empty Re: Luke 12

Post  Isaac Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:50 pm

you play hockey?

"12 for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what needs to be said.”'
This is a cool line. Im not sure if its literal but when it says that after not trying to make excuses it really does define what humans do. Especially for myself, i make a lot of excuses to explain for things that are clearly my fault.

The passage about not worrying is sick! Its soo true, if it cant add more life, then why worry? I got a lot from this passage.

" 39 “Understand this: If a homeowner knew exactly when a burglar was coming, he would not permit his house to be broken into. 40 You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected.”"
I think its hard to get the concept that Jesus will return. As much as i believe it, its hard to take it seriously. Thats not me saying that i dont think he will come, or not giving it its due credit, but it is hard to wait for something that hasnt come in 2000 years. I think its for a reason though, i always thought why is God waiting for so long... but i think its to a) have more people born and worship him :p and b) to test mankind
Also, by seriously, i dont mean i take it as a joke, but more that i dont think about it everyday and get "ready for it"...

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:29 pm

3 Whatever you have said in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered behind closed doors will be shouted from the housetops for all to hear!

I read this versse and my thought were that whenever we sin, God will know. Whenever we do bad things and we think no one will know, God knows it all and that meaning "it will be heard in the light" So Jacob, when you watch ebonyknights, God knows. Wink But that doesn't mean we should stop sinnning because we know that God knows. We should not sin because we know it's right not to and because it hurts God.

21 "Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God."

This verse has to do with what we've been doing for a long since we were little. We give 헝금. We give God offering because instead of using that money for other things, we could use it for the glory of God. We can use that time we save from using the money for building a relationship with god and communicating with God and talking to him.

SEE U TOMORROWS
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:48 pm

hahaha i dont play hockey Razz just went to watch my friends game Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:53 am

i play hockey, i own Sidney Crosby AND wayne gretzky and all those noobs.

22Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes

Don't WORRRRRRy

34For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
You can only receieve this treasure if your heart is in the right place, God Smile

Good one Kevin.

12for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say."
Sweet verse. Just liuke what we shared this friday we've been neglecting the holy spirit, but lets USE the holy spirit,
but more importabntly let the Holy spirit USE US.
Let's worship tomorrow with authentic hearts and let the spirit guide us Smile
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:39 am

Hey guys, cam back from work, Finally for once,
i feel like i have some money... HAHA working is a
pain but the reward is great... HAHA

5But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.

So tru, cuz people that can hurt us can only hurt us physically and cant do anything
afterwards. Wounds and injuries heal in time but when u are sent to hell, there is no
forgiving and no going back. So when jesus tells us to be afraid of the thing that can
send u to hell, satan. but fear in this situation doesnt rele mean to be scared of him.
Be brave and stand up AGAINST him. This shows the wisdom of jesus. Be afraid but dunt
be afraid at the same time... That is SOOO SICK!!! Jst watch wat u are doing and
be FAITHFUL TO JESUS for he's the only one that can defend us from satan...

24Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!

DUNT WORRY BE HAPPY!! LOL soo tru, god made us to be like him and he made us to be
he's most luved creatures, He luved us MORE THAN he's angles. Think about that so if he
does little things to animals and all the other things in the world, y should we worry about
the little things that bother us?? Things like stains on ur cloths and the way u dress and stuff
shouldn't be worried cuz if u think about it, unless u dunt wear any cloths, people wouldn't care
about those little stuff so when little things like that anger u, dunt let it be and thank god
for EVERYTHING that he gave us...

51Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division.

hmm, never thought of it that way... Jesus didnt come to earth to bring peace but division...
That's very interesting but tru at the same time. He did seperate the non believers and the
believers but i'm sure that he had convereted many people to christianity.
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:13 am

DONE!!! SUCK IT ESSAY!

Because of my essay on Darwin I had to read the bible and crucially analyze genesis, and wow thank you essay, I thought of things I never thought of before. See even in school, there is an opportunity waiting for you to study the bible.

If Adam was the product of evolution, that means Adam had to have parents, meaning Adam was not alone. There were many like him. The bible said that man was alone, so God created woman. If Adam was a product of evolution, God didn't need to specially create woman, for why couldn't Adam mate with those around him. lol I CAN GO ON AND ON! If they don't even believe in Adam and Eve, how do you explain Cain and Abel...Damn

anyways!

Ok! I know I know.

Money and possessions...crap I really suck at this.

I personally love money, and sometimes I even fought over it. It is a dangerous thing that consumes your life. I am not as crazy as I use to be, but I still struggle with it sometimes. It's not bad to have a lot of money, don't get me wrong, be rich and successful, but don't let it consume your life. The only problem is the richer you are the easier it is to lose sight of yourself. It means nothing in the end. The bible is not telling you to be poor, and being rich is bad. Hell become the richest man in the world, but just don't let it become the purpose of your existence, becasue you are wasting the life God gave you.

k that is all bi
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down