Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 13

+2
Cathy
Grace
6 posters

Go down

Luke 13 Empty Luke 13

Post  Grace Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:06 pm

last day of novemberrrr ! woo hooooo
wow its so cold out now... like it was legit snowing a LITTLE bit for an hourish ? stupid barrie..... hehehe

todays chapter was heavy .

2Jesus answered, "Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.
i really thought about what it means to repent. Its a lot more than just saying 'God, im sorry" . Its really praying to God will your full heart, knowing what you did wrong, asking for forgivness and saying "God, i know i made a mistake today, i am truly sorry, and i will NEVER do it again" Like if you steal something... you know its wrong... so you pray... asking for forgivness... God forgives you... and then you go and do it again. You know what i mean? Like we need to really reflect and fix what we did wrong. THAT is repenting.

22Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. 23Someone asked him, "Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?" He said to them, 24"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'Sir, open the door for us.' "But he will answer, 'I don't know you or where you come from.'
This verse was SOOO legit. Like , really.. it was pretty heavy. Like we think of things too lightly, we do whatever we want... but these couple verses really makes you THINK. like Jesus is telling us to do all we can, do make it to heaven. A lot of people try to go in but God says "i dont know you"... Personally, i think that this is what it means. Just doing good deeds isnt good enough. Anyone can do that, CHristian or non chrisitan. We hear "some organizations are doing a better job of helping the people who are in poverty than we are" Like we cant just be like "i volunteered a lot when i was in highschool, i opened a door for this old lady... God let me into heaven" Hes saying "NO THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH" We also need to KNOW and have FAITH in Jesus. We need to really believe what Jesus did for us, do good deeds BECAUSE we were told to, BECAUSE we need to go out and do God's work, we need to live as Chrisitans, live, obeying God's every command... Going out and making a difference in His name . We recieved salvation. We know that we now have a chance to go to heaven and live forever with God. Let's grow as amazing sons and daughters of God, really make a difference in this world, make God proud... Let's be pleasing to Him! God loves us so much.. and He wants us to be with Him. So lets do all we can, to go and be with Him in His kingdom foreverrrr !
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Luke 13 Empty Re: Luke 13

Post  Cathy Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:38 pm

I WANT SNOW! and christmas songs are on the radio <3
love this season!

So today I really like the parable of the fig tree:
"A man had a fig tree, planted in his vineyard, and he went to look for fruit on it, but did not find any. 7So he said to the man who took care of the vineyard, 'For three years now I've been coming to look for fruit on this fig tree and haven't found any. Cut it down! Why should it use up the soil?'
8" 'Sir,' the man replied, 'leave it alone for one more year, and I'll dig around it and fertilize it. 9If it bears fruit next year, fine! If not, then cut it down.' "

This really reminds us of how we are expected to ACT on our faith and produce good fruit. What's the point of knowing God's love and being a Christian if we can't share it with others and spread the light of God? If we act exactly the same as everyone else?
Just like how a fig tree is expected to produce figs, shouldn't we, as Christians, who have our root and foundation in Jesus produce good deeds and love? Since our school and family lives are often separated from our church lives its really easy to 'forget' about this duty to produce good fruit. I remember the other day at one our debate meetings the grade 11s were gossiping about all these people in our grade and i was totally laughing and like. encouraging it.. And then this girl named Chelsea, who i recently bonded with because we realized that we were both christian walked in and only then did i remember that i shouldn't have been contributing to or encouraging gossip of any sort. Funny what it takes to remind us, eh?
That's why in the parable the man says that he'll try to dig around it and fertilize it - so provide the tree with the proper surroundings and environment that it needs to produce good fruit. Similarly, we should be trying our best to surround ourselves with people that will keep us in check - whether that be accountability partners, christian friends, etc. Because without them its really easy to fall when you're at school or at home.
And that's why we have praise team!
And ps i forgot to mention this before but I just wanna say thank you for those that prayed for me last week. I know that the prayer really worked Smile
This passage reminded me of this one verse in one of Brooke Fraser's song (yes, my lesbo crush and the woman that i desire to become). One of her songs named Albertine is about her journey to Rwanda and how it opened her eyes to the obligation that she has because of her faith and her KNOWLEDGE now to do something to help the people there. She sings 'FAITH WITHOUT DEEDS IS DEAD'. I'm sure that's taken directly from scripture. I'm just not sure where. But it's one of those verses that stand out for me everytime i listen to the song. Just thought I'd share it cause it's relevant to today's passage..

have an amazing evening everyone!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:30 pm

22 Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he went, always pressing on toward Jerusalem.23 Someone asked him, "Lord, will only a few be saved?"
He replied,24 "Work hard to enter the narrow door to God's Kingdom, for many will try to enter but will fail

I thought about these verses and I realized that Jesus is always telling us what we have to do to get into heaven. But like he said, most people will try but will fail. I thought about it and this relates to my english projects. Most of the time when i get an assignment, i dont read the rubric. Kinda dumb but i dont know why i just dont. I just listen to what my teacher says and i remmeer it and do it but the more specific ways are in the rubric. Even though we know exactly what to do, we tend not to do it. Jesus was telling everyone how to get into heaven and live with God but most people ignored it. From now on, i could try to do more of what Jesus wanted us to do and maybe read more rubrics Wink
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:42 pm

Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:44 pm

HAHA THAT KITTENS PRETTY FUNNY!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqrhZW9xIrY

this ones good too Very Happy
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:02 am

" ‘Sir, give it one more chance. Leave it another year, and I’ll give it special attention and plenty of fertilizer."
i was going to kick off kevin billy and grace today but i suppose this verse changed my mind =D JOKES calm down kevin dont cry...

i like how Jesus is a rebel... He totally changed our lives, and society as we know it.

i dont really get the yeast or mustard seed parable....

" north and south—to take their places in the Kingdom of God. 30 And note this: Some who seem least important now will be the greatest then, and some who are the greatest now will be least important then"
As a guy who studies business, we are pretty much taught one thing: to make money. How do you make consistent money? to have a good reputation. But in reality, as a christian that is all meaningless after we die.. so is money, fame, and material wealth.
Hmmm puts my future occupation into perspective ahaha

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:47 am

Huh the narrow door thing got me thinking about a sermon I heard a long time ago.

Christianity is like a tunnel with a small tight opening, and gets bigger and bigger near the end. While those who don't want to know God, their openings are huge and big, and the tunnel gets smaller and smaller near the end. To me, this is exactly what I feel sometimes. It was a hard beginning, but it got better as I continued down the tunnel. I like this visual becasue it is very easy to relate to personally.

Jesus owned lol.

Don't be so quick to make hasty calls. Show patience in you decisions, let you mind have few moments to think about the choices you make it life. I guess everybody needs to know the fine line between patience, and just stubbornness. Patience is important, but being able to let-go is equally as important .

k that is all!

C yall
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:12 am

I remember Last year, It didnt snow until AFTER christmas and
I almost cried, I hope we can have a White Christmas This year!!

3I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

This verse is repeated in verse 5. And it's interesting cuz the fact that it's in verse 3,
I remember sam said the number 3 is Very Important in the bible! Jesus came back
3 days after he died and also jonah was inside the fish for 3 days. And the fact that
it was repeated was interesting. EVERYTHING IN THE BIBLE has a meaning to it, there
is a reason y it was repeated. U need to kno wat u did wrong and feel regretful for
all the things u have done!! REPENT!! If u jst commit sin and dont feel bad for it,
it means u dunt have a heart and how can god come into u if u dunt have a heart!!
THINK ABOUT THAT!!

8" 'Sir,' the man replied, 'leave it alone for one more year, and I'll dig around it and fertilize it. 9If it bears fruit next year, fine! If not, then cut it down.' "

This whole story about the fig tree can have MANY meanings but I got my own message from it.
the vineyard owner decided not to cut the tree down cuz it did not bear any fruits. It's like how
god gives us many Chances. But as time passes by, the tree has no choice but to be cut. god
will give us as MANY chances as we can get, but if we do not repent and be faithful to him
and everything like that until we die, WE WILL BE CUT!! It is until we have eternal faith in him and
repent for everything we have done is when god will give us ETERNAL LIFE!!

18Then Jesus asked, "What is the kingdom of God like? What shall I compare it to? 19It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his garden. It grew and became a tree, and the birds of the air perched in its branches."
20Again he asked, "What shall I compare the kingdom of God to? 21It is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into a large amount[a] of flour until it worked all through the dough."

This is SICK!!! Man this story is SICK! No words to describe it. I remember sam told us this story b4.
A mustard seed is RELE small like a grain of sand but as it grows, It will grow into a HUGE tree and
also, if u put yeast in a dough, the dough will get bigger!! It will grow to make a yeast bread!! So I
think wat jesus is saying is, Heaven never gets dull, If u are in heaven, everyday of ur life in heaven
will seem greater than b4. It will never shrink.

And wat i realized is, the number 3 comes up MANY TIMES in the bible, and also in this same chapter!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down