Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday November 30

+2
Kevin
Cathy
6 posters

Go down

Sunday November 30 Empty Sunday November 30

Post  Cathy Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm

Hey everyone! Sorry i havent been doing devos lately but I'm back and well and yeah.
Anyways today since I wasn't at church I cant reflect on the sermon but I read from psalms 8 today!

3 When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,

4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?

Verse 4 reminded me of the song I am a friend of God. This chapter was about glorifying God and practicing humility. It talks about how God is praised and proclaimed by all the world, but he still cares about us, thinks about us and LOVES us. It's weird when you think or TRY to think about how much greaterGod is then us.. Like a huge gap in hierarchy or whatnot. And by the world's standards, someone that high up in hierarchy doesnt even know the people at the bottom exist. hahah lets take bill gates for example. big head ceo guy at microsoft prob doesnt know that the photocopy girl at one of his many many many many many office buidlings exist. my principal made me read a bunch of leadership books this summer and all of them were basically about how you have to reach out and create some sort of a relationship with EVERYONE, even if they're in grade 9 Razz ahha
And this shows us that God really is the best leader possible - no matter how many ppl in this world (6 million?) he listens to every single one of us and knows every single one of us even better than we do ourselves. Obv thats impossible for a human being to do but thats why God is so freaking amazing and why we should never cease to praise him! But also lets not forget to take advantage of him! (i mean that in the best way possible) He's really always there and always loving. haha like a best friend that lives with you, a 24/7 help phone line, and a guru all in one. hahah so lets remember to go to him in our happiest and our saddest times, BECAUSE WE CAN!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Sunday November 30 Empty Re: Sunday November 30

Post  Kevin Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:18 pm

From both sermon and the testimony that Elisa and Mark shared today, that God is always there to help us. God will help us by stopping us from doing stupid things, he will help us in our need. He is always here with us and always will be. God works out so many things in our lives, but we probably dont realize it. Because if we think that God has done too little for us, it means that we haven't noticed the things that he has done for us in the past.

wowowo excited for the retreat!!

too bad its not until 2-3 weeks >_>
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:43 pm

I like when Pastor Mark connected the wood to the cross. Throwing the wood into the salty water to make it sweet again. There are so many different ways to connect it to our spiritual life and Jesus. The wood, obviously the cross. Salty to sweet, sin to sweet ahahaa. And just the idea of trusting what God says and "throwing" the wood into the water. Like i said last last friday, we need to learn to "cast" or in this case" throw" things into the water.

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:48 pm

hey guys
just got home from shopping hehe

so today.... i really liked when Elisa said that God orchestrates our lives. How He protects us from temptation, and just watches over us in whatever situation we're in !
I also like when Pastor Mark said that the israelites just complained when they found out the water was bitter. How they didnt even think "oh, well God will make something happen" WHen we heard that, we probably think "why were they complaining?" "why didnt they expect something from God?" But would we really be any better? I think that we do that too, we always complain when something goes wrong.. in tough situations its hard for us to see God work around us, its hard to see where the end to the hardship is. But we need to be patient, wait.. listen.. and just see how God will pull another miracle in our lives Smile God's pulled some in mine, and its made me learn! Struggles=obvious part of this christian walk.. but like Pastor Mark says, it brings us closer to God. God tests our faith to pull us closer to Him! Let's keep praying for eachother ^^

have a good week guys ~
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:57 am

yah, the wood and the cross was pretty cool.
Also how we are people who complain so much.
This is what it means by unsatisfaction. Jesus is our only satisfaction...
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:19 am

WTH??I posted mine and it said that i posted it...
and it didnt!!! my bad guys!1 I actually did do it!!
I jst came to check randomly and mine wasnt there!!!
P.s I like pastor mark's Accent I rele do!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down