Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 8

5 posters

Go down

Luke 8 Empty Luke 8

Post  Billy Kim Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:46 pm

Sick...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Luke 8 Empty Re: Luke 8

Post  Billy Kim Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:14 pm

Hey guys, Lots of work to do... Didn't kno i had a project that
was due 2morrow... HAHA Screw me, HAHA Well gonna do my devos...

5"A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path; it was trampled on, and the birds of the air ate it up. 6Some fell on rock, and when it came up, the plants withered because they had no moisture. 7Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up with it and choked the plants. 8Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown."

I kno this story might not mean anything but again, u have to nuonce to everything and think about wat it could mean...
the seed has many meanings and can be a very strong meaning... I remember sam and pastor john once said, we are like
seeds and we need to grow into a golden tree that will grow strong enuf to reach god. We must not wither but wat jesus
is telling us by this story is that the seed is the word of god and all we are the soil. It's our job to take and grow with the
seeds/god's word but there are factors that seperates us from the seeds like the birds, other plants and rocks... Those factors
represent the devil trying to seperate us from the word and god. Even tho those things may get in our may, we must still learn
how to ovoid those problems. Problems WILL come to our way and it WILL be difficult to grow a plant with those but we can
STILL GROW!!!

10He said, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that,
" 'though seeing, they may not see;
though hearing, they may not understand.'

Think about it, Arent these stories rele hard to understand??? Jesus is saying the words and the answers to grow our plants are
right infront of us, but it might be hard to use the answers or to understand it. We need to take time to read the words of god
there are many occasions like when we read the bible and we may not get any messages but that's our own fault, Everything in
the bible has a message that may benefit us. "Thought hearing, they may not understand" Sometimes, when i buy something that
we need to use in the house but dunt kno how to use it, it's still hard to understand wat it's saying even tho we read the instructions
but if we dont use it properly even after we read it, it's still our fault, god has given us EVERYTHING that we need but it's our job
to understand and learn from them...

24The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Master, Master, we're going to drown!" He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. 25"Where is your faith?" he asked his disciples. In fear and amazement they asked one another, "Who is this? He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him."

This is verse is just giving me lots of things to think about... Jesus has calmed down the raging waters and the wind, Even mother
nature worships him and how come we have such little faith in him. The problem today is that we are not what nature intended us
to be. We have moved away from nature soo far that we still have a hard time believing in jesus. human Being's natural instinct was
to worship god and have faith in him and now we have even forgotten what we were supposed to be doing since the minute we were
BORN!!!

50Hearing this, Jesus said to Jairus, "Don't be afraid; just believe, and she will be healed."

Wow, Raising the dae again... Remember, Nothing ins impossible if we have faith in god... The bleeding lady was healed for having soo
much faith in him and the child was raised again from the dead because her parents had soo much faith... THINK ABOUT IT!!
If we are stressed cuz of all the work we have to do, jst have faith in god and do the best u can cuz god will give u the best...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 pm

when i read todays chapter, i realized how many miracles Jesus performed, and how many parables He shared. He is so full of wisdom and knowledge of God, and He was the most compassionate, and loving human to walk on this earth.
there were so many things i liked about this chapter!

5"A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path; it was trampled on, and the birds of the air ate it up. 6Some fell on rock, and when it came up, the plants withered because they had no moisture. 7Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up with it and choked the plants. 8Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown."
its explained further on in the chapter, but the significance of this parable is so GREAT! it applies to all of us, and we really need to stop and think. "where is my faith at?" "where did my faith land?" the seed is our faith, and the type of land it fell on is the foundation of our faith.
11"This is the meaning of the parable: The seed is the word of God. 12Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved. 13Those on the rock are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away. 14The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life's worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature. 15But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.
Christ needs to be the foundation of our faith. Without Him as our solid base, we wont be able to grow and be fruitful. There are so many worldly things that we tend to rely on, things we dont really need, but like to have. Those who have those things as a faith can only go so far before they die and wither. In psalms theres a verse that says that we're planted in God, and we're always going to be growing in Him. It'll be in season, but because we have a strong base in our faith, we'll never die. Our faith journey is like a roller coaster. It's going to have a lot of ups and a lot of downs. We're guaranteed to struggle, we cant always be happy... but those struggles bring us closer to God! Those of us who were planted on good soil, will overcome those obstacles. And as we become more experienced, we'll stop seeing things so negativly, and blame things on God. I had my fair share of that... But later we'll see more easily "God is doing this for a reason." "This is all part of His plan, let's hold on a little longer" Now those who dont have a firm base will face obstacles, and like it says about the thorns, we'll be good and growing and then right when something gets hard... we just run away. We avoid struggle. Those who are planted on rock, its like we'll listen and we're like "oh cool!" when we listen to sermons and go to retreats... but we dont act on what we learn. We dont go any further than just...listening" Those of us who are planted on that path... those are the people we REALLY need to reach out to. Because before they even have a chance... satan turns them away. If we are planted on that good soil, we should be helping those who are planted on bad ground. We need to help them, and let them be planted on good soil too ! God's love is unfailing, and EVERYONE deserves a chance to experience His love, and feel His presence around us.

24The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Master, Master, we're going to drown!"
He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. 25"Where is your faith?" he asked his disciples.

This verse reminded me of like times when we're like "GOD I HAVE FAITH IN YOU, I BELIEVE IN YOU, YOU ARE AMAZING" and we look so holy! But then something happens... and all that faith just disappears.... where is your faith?ive had a time like that. Sometimes we have so much fear, so much worry that we forget how mighty our God is! We always sing "you are mighty to save" "you are awesome in this place, mighty God" "heavens and earth bow down before you" etc etc and then we're like "God, can you handle it?"

21He replied, "My mother and brothers are those who hear God's word and put it into practice."
this one i just really liked Smile it emphisizes on the term "Brothers and sisters in christ" "sons and daughters of God"
We're all ONE. THrough God, we're all family Smile Theres a reason why so many worship teams use this name Razz it has a good meaning to it! It's like at big retreats... we're all different churches.. different bodies... individuals. But we are ONE church ONE body because we are all linked through Christ. Even at church, we're all ONE! the lyrics from Starfield's From the Corners of the Earth came to mind. it goes like this "ONE BODY ONE CHURCH ONE SAVIOR, ONE CALL OF PRAISE! HEY FROM THE CORNERS OF THE EARTH, WE WILL SING OF YOUR GREAT WORTH, AND AROUND THE WORLD PROCLAIM, OUR GOD REIGNS!"

sorry guys... this got really long !
hope you are all having a good week! Mines okay... so tired.... my shoulders hurt from CRP today... oh my gaaad... haha
my throat hurts, im practicing the songs for this week just in case i get to go Very Happy
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:23 am

Yes class revolt. We broke down our history teacher to give us a extension in our essays. See students can pressure teachers too.

Seeds

wow amazing parable. What will you do after you hear the good news. Jesus basically summed up how people reacts to his teachings. I think the rocky soil is very common. You are initially filled with joy, but soon you forget...sounds exactly like a spiritual high. You are filled with joy, but after you forget. I always thought that a concept of being spiritually high was a modern theology, but Jesus knew way back that there are things like this going on. You can be a good soil, but that doesn't mean that crap will happen, hence you need to till and clean up. A farmer has to fertilize it, cut weeds, move rocks etc. It is hard work, but the fruits of your labor are sweet indeed Smile

Awesome

My mother and my brothers are all those who hear God's word and obey it (that was slick J) lol

Jesus waking up...crap really! stupid storm!

Faith! It really does come to that at the end of the day. To trust in God in w/e I know it sounds cliche as heck, but it really is that

k that is all! C ya guys
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:52 am

because billy added on a premature "luke 9" i actually did luke 9... but ill read luke 8

"only to have the devil come and take it away from their hearts and prevent them from believing and being saved."
this is what we talked about on sunday. I like to think that we are a strong team, but were not... and im not saying that in a negative way, im saying that in the sense that we can always get stronger spiritually. Especially for Jacob, Cathy, Allan, and myself as the leaders.

" 21 Jesus replied, “My mother and my brothers are all those who hear God’s word and obey it.”"
Jesus is one smooth fella

this is like a fast track of his many miracles. Its really important to read them because, in my opinion, it wasnt for him to show off, or to spread his gospel, but just to plain out help people in need. He helped the people who were MESSED UP (like that bleeding lady or the dead girl aha). He had a heart, and still does to this day. That is why it is important to constantly read his ministry here on earth.

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:27 am

Good devos guys!

18Therefore consider carefully how you listen. Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has will be taken from him."
i don't get this... anyone want to explain?

No one lights a lamp and hides it in a jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, he puts it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light.
Althought Jesus is the light we shhould not be ashamed of, we should also be the light for Jesus
If you have the time, listen to the song Shine for You by United.
It pretty much says we want to be the light and we CAN be the light by our actions and words since we are reflecting who you are.

Jesus does tons of miracles here eh.
but i would liek to acknowledge thet woman's faith of thinking about just touching him so she can be healed.
She believed God could heal and it did work.
I probably wouldn't think of that, i would probably run to Jesus head first down, cry and say forgive me, but this woman believed it so.
I know Jesus knew who had touched her but what was the point of him asking who touched him?
Was it because he wanted people to see?
I don't get it... haha
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content