Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romans 6 (October 31)

+2
Cathy
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

Romans 6 (October 31) Empty Romans 6 (October 31)

Post  Isaac Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:35 pm

Twisted Evil
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Romans 6 (October 31) Empty Re: Romans 6 (October 31)

Post  Cathy Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:32 pm

"You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness"
I love this chapter because it talks about how we need to DIE with jesus - meaninng that our sinful bodies are crucified when Jesus was crucified, and then we are reborn as better, righteous beings. And I love how it says that we are SLAVES to righteousness. we usually use the word slave in negative way.. like slavery of the black people, but also like.. slaves to SIN
but imagine how AMAZING it would be to be total SLAVES TO RIGHTEOUSNESS! like its blowing my mind! that everything we do would be 'commanded' by righteousness and all our actions would be in adherance to the word and God's desire.. i so desire that for all of us, so i hope we can continue to cast away the sin in our lives and just live for the good

19"I put this in human terms because you are weak in your natural selves."
I liked this verse because it reminds us of how weak and .. well, stupid and ignorant we are in our natural selves.. I also noticed how he said 'natural'. One would think that our 'natural selves' would be the good version - the one that God meant for us to be.. But this reminds us again that we are all BORN SINNERS. and that it has to be by conscious faith and effort that we are able to free ourselves from our sinful bodies and be reborn in Christ.. and then continue to live in that way for God.
So yup Christianity doesn't come easy, but it's SO WORTH IT.

happy halloween everyone! and ill see you all tmrw
im so excited for praise.. haah but so nervous...
sing praise.. 'PRAISEEE!'
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:40 pm

LOVED todays chapter Smile
i want to paste the whole chapter... but ill just tell you guys the message i got over all

so Jesus dying on the cross is like a symbol that christians and non christians both know.
"10The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. " Sin has no more power over us. When Christ came back to life, it was God saying "you are now free, and you live for ME" some say that us christians have no freedom... because there are so many rules we need to follow, but i feel like its the total opposite ! we are SOOOOO free! We are free from sin, and we get to live for God and live with Him in His eternal kingdom after we leave this world. How much better can it get? 23For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[b] Christ Jesus our Lord.

when i read this chapter 2 songs kept coming to mind:
overcome- desperation band
and
free- ross parsley
the lyrics from Free goes like this "i am free to run, i am free to dance, i am free to live for you, i am free"
and Overcome just pretty much summed this up. Its the churches anthem. Theyre saying how God overcame everything! How God has ALL authority! listen to it, it brings tears to your eyes Smile HAHA

OVERCOME- Desperation Band

Seated above, enthroned in the Father's love
Destined to die, poured out for all mankind
God's only son perfect and spotless one
He never sinned, but suffered as if he did

All authority, every victo-ry is Yours
All authority, every victory is Yours

Savior, worthy of honor and glory, worthy of all our praise, You overcame
Jesus, awesome in power forever,awesome and great is Your name,You overcame

Power in hand speaking the Father's plan
You're sending us out, light in this broken land

We will overcome by the blood of the Lamb
and the word of our testimony, everyone overcome
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:47 pm

13 Do not let any part of your body become an instrument of evil to serve sin. Instead, give yourselves completely to God, for you were dead, but now you have new life. So use your whole body as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God

This chapter had to do with sin and this was a good lesson. Instead of using our body parts to sin, use it for God. An example would be instead of giving someone the middle finger, use that hand to help to somehow serve God whether it would be playing an insturment, or just laying a hand on someone to pray for them. We can do so many great things for our God but instead we choose to sin with the SAME body parts we use to worship God. It says give ourselves completely to God because he saved us from hell and sin. Since god had saved us from a life of eternal hell, we can give it back to him by serving him and giving ourselves to him entirely. God deserves an unimaginable amount more than what we give him now but we can give him everything we have. It's like that story in the bible where these people were giving money to the church. This rich guy gave in tons of money but it was maybe 10% of what he had in total. This one poor lady gave 1 coin which wasn't even worth a cent but it was ALL she had. In God's eyes, this one coin was 100% of what she had so it was much more than what the rich dude gave. So even with what little we have, we can give him everything that we have and that will please God and it will be good in his eyes. And we can do that by doing everything for God and his glory.

see you guys tomorrow !
happy hallooween!!!!!!!!~~~~!!!~!!~~~8=D!!!!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:27 pm

I chickened out paranormal activities, I don't think it's healty at all. Condo trick or treat is so dry.

but the free eternal life through Christ Jesus our lord

I really like that verse. I think free is used very well in the complex, becasue something that is free is very hard to understand in today's world. Nothing is free, everything has a cost. It is hard for us human beings to give away somethig, but God gives freely. So I think it is a very smart way of writting this becasue it is true.

We can be either slaves to Sin or God. We choose and we will be responsible for the choice we make. We can either inflcit good or evil. We can bring this world closer to God, or we can literally make it to hell. We can do so much good but at the same time do so much evil. We need God to do Good, becasue without him we wil fall into commiting evil to the world.

I know it is a bit depressing but I think it is important to know what we as people can do.

The study Bible said this and I totally agree with it.

Some people might view the act of doing sin without guilt if true freedom, but in fact you are being a slave to sin, and you will suffer more thenn those who struggle to turn away from the sin. Living free means beinig saved by Jesus Christ.

K that is all

Kevin why did your dad call me?
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:55 am

I got so many things from this chapter, and you guys said it all.

One thing that blew me away was verse 1

"What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?"
I never thought about it that way and it does make sense in a way, some people do say stuff like I sin more so that God would give me more forgiveness but as i thought about it, that's bs. Grace was given to us and its not up to use to change that. We can't contorl the power of God's grace, and especially not with sin. However we sometimes do take adcantage of it. We sin with the mentality of saying God will forgive me anyway so why not, but that is totally wrong. That is not forgiveness, that is expectation.

Don't expect, but accept what GOd has already given you Smile
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:08 am

billy got home late, so did i
i told billy just to read his devos and go to sleep

"We are no longer slaves to sin"
yes... i dont know i just looked at this verse for a long time. It speaks so much.

i got a lot from this chapter, but also from reading your devos throughout the day!

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down