Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romans 2 (October 26)

+2
Grace
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

Romans 2 (October 26) Empty Romans 2 (October 26)

Post  Isaac Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:33 pm

Very Happy
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Romans 2 (October 26) Empty Re: Romans 2 (October 26)

Post  Grace Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:44 pm

HAHA okkkkaaay so i read the contemporary english version.. and its really simple... so this one is more blunt.. and straight forward like "why do you think God put's up with you?" HAHAHA so yes just be ready for that...

1Some of you accuse others of doing wrong. But there is no excuse for what you do. When you judge others, you condemn yourselves, because you are guilty of doing the very same things. 2We know that God is right to judge everyone who behaves in this way. 3Do you really think God won't punish you, when you behave exactly like the people you accuse? 4You surely don't think much of God's wonderful goodness or of his patience and willingness to put up with you. Don't you know that the reason God is good to you is because he wants you to turn to him?

Judging. I think its a problem so many of us have. I remember Yeni talking about not judging people... and i really feel like she has the gift of love and compassion.

gift of compassion: not judging others, being able to love them no matter what

i want to work up to that... because we're no better. When we judge others we're just being hypocrytical.
I remembe talking to some non christian friends and theyre like "why do christians think that they're so much better? they tel us to believe in God, but they make mistakes just like us.. and they dont seem any different" and i really reflected on that. Like our every word and action affects others and reflect on our own character.. and more importantly God's character. As christians, we cant be like the other people of this world. Ones who do not believe, we need to be moer like God and show others that you can also be better when you are with God. I admit to swearing before and i had bad friends in the past... but i thought about what kind of image i was portraying, and how God was being shown through me.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:56 pm

jacobs internet has been down for a couple of days

hes too noob to make his own internet so yah...
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:53 pm

LALALA halloween shopping was stressful today.. haha but thats okay cause i bought a great old man sweater from value village and cant wait to wear it.. Smile

anyways.. so romans 2:
It warns us not to judge! Because we who judge do the exact same things as the ones we judge.. It was funny cause today I was talking to my friend about how funny it is that everyone judges other people for the same traits that they have.. I was making fun of my dad for it cause he always does that, and then i started thinking that this applies to everyone.. When we judge others, it's kind of like we're pretending that we dont have flaws.. But this chapter sort of whips us all back to reality and reminds us that the only one allowed to judge is God!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:04 am

Hey guys! i hope youre having a good week Smile
i get to wake up at 11 :30 tmoorrow and get to school by 12 :30

i know im that good =D
"3 For merely listening to the law doesn’t make us right with God. It is obeying the law that makes us right in his sight."
This is too true... listening is one thing, obeying is another... quite the wisdom in romans...

"16 And this is the message I proclaim—that the day is coming when God, through Christ Jesus, will judge everyone’s secret life."
Everyone has secrets :X i have a bunch of my own. I think we should take a day and clean em out... that would be good

peace out hommies

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:48 am

sry guys computer is wonked, and I am using my dads at the moment to tell you that I read Romans 2 and will do a personal devo not via computer, I'll post tomorrow
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:34 pm

So from reading this chapter, it had alot to do about hypocritsizing.
There was a part where the bible talked about judging and how it was meant for God and him alone.
We probably can't help but judging people because it's in our nature. But We have to know that only God can judge because he's the only perfect one. I think only when we are perfect and have no sin like God, then, can we judge others but since we always fall short of the glory of God, we can't judge anyone.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:05 am

Hey guys... Sorry for not doing it yesterday...
i did an all nighter the day b4 and when i came back
home, I jst fell asleep for the whole day... HAHA
doing it now since i came back from TKD!! # hours
of TKD isn't as easy as u think it might be...

1You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

Wow, the first line says it all!!! We do not have the right to judge ANYONE!! I remember sam was giving a cermon about homo sexuality one day
and I remember, no matter what the sin is, Whether homo sexuality or a weak lie, It's still the same thing... Every sin costs the same in god's eyes
so If someone commited a sin, such as murder or rape, We do not have ANY right at all to judge them because even if we didn't murder or rape someone, we lied, we failed to please god. We are the same as the murderer or the rapist so do not judge... Jst because we are pointing others out to
others, that doesn't mean god will not pay attention to them when other people would...

16This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

This verse says it doesn't matter to you if others judge you because in the end, God will judge all those who judged you through jesus... Everybody will be righteously judged in the end... And god will also judge you for judging others...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down