Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romans 3 (October 27)

+2
Cathy
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

Romans 3 (October 27) Empty Romans 3 (October 27)

Post  Isaac Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:33 pm

yo momma
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Romans 3 (October 27) Empty Re: Romans 3 (October 27)

Post  Cathy Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:28 pm

my momma is a wonderful woman.

and ps. today we had these jamaican priests come in during our lunch and sang a song about community in the cafeteria in an attempt to raise money to stop jamaican baby abortion.. haha cute.

haha so romans 3:

"3What if some did not have faith? Will their lack of faith nullify God's faithfulness? 4Not at all! Let God be true, and every man a liar. "
This verse really taught me how GOOD God is.. Because we live in a world where everything's fairly reciprocal.. You give me this, I give you that. You do this for me, I do that for you. This applies to all areas of life - whether it be in friendships, relationships, business, school, buying a bag of chips, etc. But God doesn't work that way.. even if we aren't faithful, God will be faithful to us. God is true, and man's a liar.. What a comparison! In comparison to God's goodness, we're nothing but sinful dirty liars! Now God's grace isn't to be taken advantage of.. Paul isnt telling us this so that we can go on and be unfaithful and try to take advantage of God's faithfulness. but hopefully this will teach us just how good God is, so that we can try our best to be more like him, instead of the liars that we are. Then Paul goes on to explain that some people willl try to twist this argument and say that God is unjust for being so much better than us and then judging us.. But Paul says that this is not true, becuase if God wasn't so good and wasn't that much better than us, then he'd have no right to judge either and the world and the whole concept of judgement and salvation would be screwed up.

Lastly, Paul talks about how all people - Jews and Gentiles are equal, because we are ALL SINNERS. So, its not really a matter of who sins less/more, but a matter of faith.
"28For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law." Faith is one of the most important aspects of Christianity, becuase it sort of has to come first before anything else. If you don't BELIEVE in Jesus, how can you LOVE him? or SACRIFICE for him? or SERVE him? or BE WISE? So Paul makes it very clear that it is through faith taht we are saved, and because of this faith, we should work even harder to uphold the law..

fantastic! hope you all have a great evening..
i WILL go to the gym today. ive been lazy for a week tsk tsk
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:54 pm

my back hurts :S i have chiro, and physio this week..... lucky me Smile HAHA
so i passed my anatomy test ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy theres muscles in our body thats like 20 letters long and i have no clue on how to pronounce it HAHA

21But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement,[i] through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— 26he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

i loved this whole chapter. it talks about how righteous God is ! and how we are so unworthy... but still He loves us so much, still He wants us to be closer to Him. We make so many mistakes. In this chapter it says no one is rightous, not even one. but because God sent His son Jesus Christ, we are saved. We are free from sin, and have a chance to go to heaven. We found salvation. Everyone knows the story of Jesus, even those who dont believe. God loves each and everyone of us, and thats why He sends US out. So that they can rejoice and be thankful like us. So that they too can know that they have recieved salvation. I think that some of us take "jesus dying on the cross" too lightly. Its a story we hear and learn about since we're like 4. But do we really understand hte heavy meaning, realise how BIGGGG this sacrifice was? WHAT happened when it was all said and done. WHY it happened. and what we need to do now? This was the ultimate sacrifice. God loves us that much, and we need to return that love Smile

alrighttttttt, im out for dinner. captain of the soccer team is buying me food :DDDD yeeeeeeee free food, always good with me ~ HAHAHAH
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:41 pm

28 So we are made right with God through faith and not by obeying the law

We are made right if we believe in God. I think made right means we will be free of sin and live in heaven with God. But thats only if we believe in him fully. The part where it says not by obeying the law stuck out to me. If i were to follow all of God's rules but not believe in him, chances are I wouldn't be saved.

God also cares about us following his rules and obeying him more but he cares more about our faith in him. He wants us to love him and trust in him more than anything. Rules would've mattered much more but Jesus died for our sins so even though we sin against God everyday, he'll love us and we'll always be safe.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:42 pm

good job grace! why are you so broken? aha

p.s kevin and billy you were both really late on your devos
ill say it again (BILLY) doing your devos at 1 in the morning defeats the purpose of doing it together.

Be late again and you wont play
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:11 pm

hmmm study study

"The law simply shows us how sinful we are."
What a concept... this blew my mind. What a laws? to keep order and things to follow yet the Bible says otherwise... God makes these laws so we can use it as a measure tool. Great verse!

" Of course not! In fact, only when we have faith do we truly fulfill the law."
.... oh man... this is mind blowing. I dont even know fully what it means. im going to go ask sam what this FULLY means.

Great chapter! learned a lot.. Romans is great!!!!

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:17 pm

Yeah we bought a new router, and went back to rogers lol

oh man why did I watch that thing on youtube. So I watched the ending of paranormal activity and it freaked me out! Don't watch unless you want to be sleeping with your lights on for a good week.

NO MORE ASSIGNMENTS FOR 2 WEEKS! YAH BOY!

Romans 3

Huh verse 1-5

It makes a really good point. I believe that God can makes something good out of bad, but if you justify sin with this fact, then you are wrong. Sin can never be justified, and we can't put value on sin, for only God can. He is a fair judge and will judge us accordingly. God isn't turning sin into something good, he uses the situation at hand to make something good. It took me while to truly make the distinction, becasue sometimes it is a very thin line separating the two.

We all sin, so we can't judge others based on their sins. The one thing I do often, is before i end the day,I re-think about the day, when and where have I judged someone. You will be surprised! You don't think about it when you say it, but if you think about it, it comes in like a tidal wave, and it is overwhelming. Why did I judge them? and you have the ohhhh crap I shouldn't have said that? Romans was kick in the ass lol

kk that is all bi guys!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:19 pm

I want free food...
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:22 am

Hey Team!1 sorry about not doing my devos yesterday and doing it this late...
HAHA, after school, I went to help out my TKD community because they were having
this Halloween party for little kids and BOY it was rele busy... Plus after that... 3 HOURS
OR TKD PRACTICE!! gigantic bump on my shin and Sprained Ankle!! Had a rele hard time
jst taking a shower!!

4Not at all! Let God be true, and every man a liar.

Jst a part of the verse but listen to this... This shows the kindness of god... Let god be true and every man a liar!! Wow, Wat a powerful message, and it's not even a full verse...Everybody lies and did lie... I kno ALL of us did but god has never lied to us b4!! I kno that i will be angry if someone lied to me and i would prob think bad stuff about them if i find out but god will never have those moments and tell us the truth even till the day we die...

7Someone might argue, "If my falsehood enhances God's truthfulness and so increases his glory, why am I still condemned as a sinner?"

Wow, never ever take advantage of god... god increases our faith by correcting our mistakes and forgiving us, so shouldn't we sin more to get closer to god?? NO!! that's taking advantage of god... And ofcourse, god will punish you for taking advantage of him...

20Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

No one has the right to judge people because no nobody is perfect like god!! he is the only who have not sinned b4 and it's true!! We are all sinners and if you judge, your jst a hyppocryte... God is the only one who can judge... No person is righteous...

29Is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too,

God is not only there for the jews but all the people that kno and have faith in him and Jesus... We will not judge but only judge in a righteous way...
Righteous judge and jst judging are two very different things...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down