Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Corinthians 16 (Sept 10)

+3
Kevin
Grace
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

1 Corinthians 16 (Sept 10) Empty 1 Corinthians 16 (Sept 10)

Post  Isaac Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:23 am

Last BOOK of 1 Corinthians!!!
whats next? 2 Corinthians of course! : )
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Corinthians 16 (Sept 10) Empty Re: 1 Corinthians 16 (Sept 10)

Post  Grace Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:35 pm

HAHA kay so school was jokes today, it was pretty good compared to the first 2 days, a/c is working in my school again Very Happy

i just came back from basketball tryouts..... and i feel gross, im gonna make this quick

this chapter got me thinking .
in the first couple verses it talks about offering. and thats something i think i struggled with. when i was younger my parents gave me the money, now i try to give my own 10% each week, but sometimes i forget, or when i give it, its just routine... theres not much meaning behind it, but i need to remember that it is another way to serve and obey God and to actually give it with my whole heart. God isnt asking for a lot, just to put your heart into it.

and also i love what it says in verse 13 & 14 .

"13 Keep alert. Be firm in your faith. Stay brave and strong. 14 Show love in everything you do."
our every word and action counts, its a way to show God's love to others, and it reflects who you are as a christian, we want Christ to shine through us!

have a good day guys, allan hope you had a good bday Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:44 pm

mann the periods in high school are SO long.. sometimes I think that the clocks are broken haha

24 My love to all of you in Christ Jesus

Who's the guy that writes 1 Corinthians anyways? Well the part where he said my love to all of you in Jesus Christ. So when i read this I thought, the love is from Jesus. Because Jesus is in our lives we can show love the way he did to us. So i can try to thank Jesus more often for what he did for us and love others to show a bit like What Jesus was like.

14 And do everything with love.

Is it just me or does Corinthians have alot to do with Love? Well it says do everything with love. So whatever actions that we do it should all be for love!! Not that I do that all the time but i could make more of an effort to do it!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:54 pm

hmmm math .... i hate the math

"13 Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous.[c] Be strong. 14 And do everything with love."
This should be our moto, forget AW... But the key is the last part "do everything with love". God is Love. To do what God wants, is to do it with Love.

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr okay what up hommies.
: )

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:16 pm

im sorry im totally jumping on the bandwagon but im totally doing the same verse as everyone else..

13Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 14Do everything in love.
Its pretty straightforward, but I agree its a great verse to just remember and i can see us going back to it in times of struggle.. the words guard, firm and courage really stood out to me becuase it just reminded how christianity can sometimes be seen as a battlefield - theres always some struggles, temptations, and we can often be considered spiritual warriors - we're fighting for God's kingdom (in a non violent way.. not like the crusades.. tsk )
And YEAHHH lets love!

for the second time in the past hour i quote; "who needs sleep when we've got love?"
mm jack johnson.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:41 pm

i'm so tired. So much reading to do. Let's go to the library on Saturday! Sick Tingz!
ALso had soccer try outs today. Gangster.

Sorry i can't concentrate on the devotion, i have alot of things on my mind, but i have decided to do some prayer. Alot of it.
See you guys tomorrow!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:08 am

hey guys, i wont be able to make it tomorrow cuz i have security duty for the korean festival that's going to be on sat and sun... I have to stay up all night until 8 with my friend haha. People will be setting up the food stands and booths and my friends and I have to be the security... It's kinda sick... Hope you guys have a rele sick practice... HAHA

I didn't rele understand this chapter very well, but the only message that i got was the continuation of the last few chapters... Love is very important, and you should love your neighbours... If you see any people that needs help. show love by helping them out and also help the poor by giving money to them jst like offering... and also, never stop loving because we are nothing if we can't love....
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:24 am

OMG SOOOOO MUCH HOMEWORK!

these are my courses

Social changes in human history
West history (Renaissance)
3 hour lunch
English

lol we were making fun of Hilary Clinton in English class today!

oh yah Isaac its 1st and little 2nd on my middle finger...right where it bends, like what are the odds the worst place.

Be on Guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. And do everything with love.

That is like a perfect motto! It outlines everything perfectly. Christianity is not easy way of life. There are going to be moments in your life where it is going to be hec. You need to stay bold, and be strong to overcome it and grow form it.

K c ya guys soon...well?
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down