Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Corinthians 15 (Sept 9)

+3
Grace
Billy Kim
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

1 Corinthians 15 (Sept 9) Empty 1 Corinthians 15 (Sept 9)

Post  Isaac Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:57 am

Oreo Cakesters are the best thing since blackberrys... i take that back... blackberrys are better but oreo cakesters are up there...
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Corinthians 15 (Sept 9) Empty Re: 1 Corinthians 15 (Sept 9)

Post  Billy Kim Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:37 am

HAPPY B DAY ALLAN!!! HAHA UR LUCKY TO HAVE UR B DAY ON THE START OF SCHOOL!!! YOU'll GET YOUR B DAY BEATS!!! HAHA
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:42 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLAN ! Smile

& i hope all of your days are going goooood ~

so today, i pretty much died in my last class .
hot, disgusting portable, stuck in careers class ..... wooooooo -.-

so for today, it was a really long chapter, goood messages ,and interesting things said by Paul about Christ being raised from the dead and us after death, and what our bodies will be like.... deep stuff .
made me think
but what really stood out to me was the last verse in my version of the bible.

verse 58

"My dear friends, stand firm and don't be shaken. Always keep busy working for the Lord. You know that everything you do for Him is worthwhile"

so basically this is saying "keep living you life for God" because it is an honor and priviledge. We did not decide ourselves, but we were chosen and we were given a great gift to be able to know and worship Him. Everything we do like praise team, attending church, serving/helping etc etc is ALL for the Lord. We should NEVER think that we're too busy for that, or that we dont want to, because we dont have to, its an honor to be called by God, for being called to worship Him every week. Everything we do, isnt a waste of our time, its worthwhile, and we should keep working at it !

my dear friends, dont be shaken, and stand firm & keep living for God Smile

so i have to head out .
the things i do for community hours...
i have to help coach the grade 7&8 basketball team at this elementry school ... HAHA this is going to be intersting .
going to work them hard in tryouts ! HAHAHHA

have a great day guys Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:15 pm

haha Grace good luck with helping out at try outs!
I'm gonna go to to volleyball try outs tomorrow.. haha hope they don't do their practises and everything on friday... IF I MAKE THE TEAM that is..

So the passage that really stood out to me was verse 58.

"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain"

The part where it said that Always give myself fully to the lord cause the labor to the lord isn't in vain. And I thought that was so true. If we give even a little bit of our time to either pray to God or do devos, it's all worth it. So in my life, I can do just more than doing devos to give myself fully to God. The choices I make can involve God in them and wonder if this is what he would want. If what I do is for the world or for God. So from reflecting on this verse, I could try to think of what would please God more.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:43 pm

haha tryouts were just lovely .

the teacher whos coaching is a music teacher who deosnt know a thing about basketball
im the coach basiaclly Very Happy
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:00 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLAN
like the banner? aha

" 21 So you see, just as death came into the world through a man, now the resurrection from the dead has begun through another man. "
theres some sick rational in this chapter. If you ever wondered why Jesus HAD to be human and HAD to die, its because of this.

"“bad company corrupts good character.”"
This is what my devos will be on this friday Wink
i really, REALLY like this chapter. How it talks about the body and adam and what not!

anywho, i love oreo cakesters... : )

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:53 am

Hey guys, how was your first day of school? mine was ballin. no i'm kidding it was alright. Got tons of homework on my plate.
just need a fork. Smile

10But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.
I really liek this verse becase it reminds me that Praise and leading is not something i DO, but something God does through me. One thing i always pray for before we go to praise is that God will completely break down my pride and throw itout the window. I want God to lead through me, just like how Sam prays that God would speak through him and any thoughts that are impure will be destroyed Smile bahaha.

the rest of the chapter says "don't be afraid to die for me"
That's crazy. I can admit i do not have the courage to just die for Jesus, but i'm working on it! Wink

Continue to keep each other accountable!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:54 am

HELLO...wow the picture...speechless

lol Adam got roasted in today's chapter!

Isaac beat me to it. God had to be a man o break the cycle caused my Adam...sry Adam we'll talk in the future. Christianity is useless and bears no meaning if Christ did not rise from the dead, and it is very specific in this chapter. If Christ did not rise from the dead we will still bear our sins. I like when it says "we will be transformed!" Like tada! You have changed lol We will not die with this world, but we will live on with God. Our dying bodies will transform into bodies that will never die.

lol yah birthday party 5 minutes before it passes lol. Parents came home right now K see you guys!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:09 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALAN!!!

haha guys im falling into very bad work habits already. ive already neglected my hwk for many of my classes. grrr

anyhoo
1 corinthians 15: i found this chapter to be very poetic, i liked it =)
"Death has been swallowed up in victory."[g]
Before this verse Paul was talking a lot about how the mortal must clothe themselves with the immortal, the perishiable with the imperishable.. And I love how it really emphasizes how it is through God and his kingdom that we actually defeat death. Everyone says that death is the only certain thing in life -we're all going to die and perish. But that's only true from a physical aspect, and by having the spirit of God and having the faith that gets us into the kingdom of God, we actually do defeat death and we have victory through Jesus Christ.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:46 am

Cathy wrote:HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALAN!!!

haha guys im falling into very bad work habits already. ive already neglected my hwk for many of my classes. grrr

anyhoo
1 corinthians 15: i found this chapter to be very poetic, i liked it =)
"Death has been swallowed up in victory."[g]
Before this verse Paul was talking a lot about how the mortal must clothe themselves with the immortal, the perishiable with the imperishable.. And I love how it really emphasizes how it is through God and his kingdom that we actually defeat death. Everyone says that death is the only certain thing in life -we're all going to die and perish. But that's only true from a physical aspect, and by having the spirit of God and having the faith that gets us into the kingdom of God, we actually do defeat death and we have victory through Jesus Christ.
You spelled he's name wrong jst to tell u cathy... it's ALLAN!! DOUBLE L!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:07 am

hey guys, sorry for doing this rele late...
school was pretty fun to me... it felt different than any others years of high school, I feel more comfortable and less worried because it's my third year in high school and i know whats coming my way i guess...

This chapter was rele long but the whole chapter was explaining one thing... That means that today's message is a very big and important lesson... It's about the ressurection of christ... the bible says that christ definetly died for our sins and was risen back 3 days after... But if you don't believe in ressurection or the fact that he dies and rose back from the dead, everything that we did for jesus and all the time we spent worshiping was all a waste... The only reason that we are here today and are able to go to heaven is because jesus sacrificed himself and rose back... If he didn't resurrect, that means that our whole belief and our relationship with god was fake... So do believe that jesus died and resurrected because it is true... Also, the bible uses a dead dried seed as an example, We may not be able to resurrect from the dead but some people will ask this, how does ressurection work?? well, if u plant a dead dried seed on soil, water it and shine sunlight to it, it will grow. A dead dried thing will ressurect to a beautiful flower and that's what jesus christ have done... And not many of you know but when we die, we will be resurrected too... We are made out of two main factors, Our physical body and our spiritual body... Nothing can kill OR destroy our spiritual body... Our Physical bodies WILL die and perish as years go by but when that happens, our spiritual body will resurrect to heaven... AMEN!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down