Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Corinthians 9 (Sept 2)

+2
Grace
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

1 Corinthians 9 (Sept 2) Empty 1 Corinthians 9 (Sept 2)

Post  Isaac Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:22 pm

Surprised
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Corinthians 9 (Sept 2) Empty Re: 1 Corinthians 9 (Sept 2)

Post  Grace Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:51 pm

wow oaky so im like starting this new diet, and im reading like books, working out SOOOO much more and everything
and my mom comes up to me.... sighs and says "아이구....애쓴다...." LOL great to have her support ><
lol okay so since im on here... i might as well post up todays now : )
PLEASE POST !

so in this chapter its about the rights of an apostle
i love verse 24-27
i love sports.. and i can really relate to what its saying
when i play, theres a goal always set for the end of the game, race or whatever. and so i dont play aimlessly just standing there or just running around for nothing right ? and you want to finish, sucessfully, win .
and i think thats what its saying . as an apostle... we are not going around without a goal. God put us our there with a purpose, and our goal is to fufill that purpose !!

this chapter was a little confusing to me at first, but this is what i got out of it !!!!

im off to work............. teaching little kids how to swim today.......
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

1 Corinthians 9 (Sept 2) Empty 1 Corinthians 9

Post  Kevin Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:41 pm

This verse stood out to me.

18 What then is my pay? It is the opportunity to preach the Good News without charging anyone. That's why I never demand my rights when I preach the Good News

So this made me think how lucky we are to be able to know God and have him in our lives. Just like in this verse, our reward is that we are able to share God's word with everyone. And I heard this many times from Sam but he said, that it's good to try to spread the word of God cause the worst thing that someone can do is say no.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:37 pm

grace! i didnt receive your devo... :S
this is my 1 Corinthians 8 Devo from last night that i couldnt post.

im not to sure about the way this chapter works, mainly because of the whole "meat" eating custom,
but i did get reminded of this verse "So if what I eat causes another believer to sin, I will never eat meat again as long as I live"
Ive asked Sam if i could THEORETICALLY do certain things that Korean-Christian customs deems a sin. Sam said i could, it wouldnt be a sin, (koreans think of certain things as sin because of culture) but if it causes your parents to feel angry and sad, you are causing others to sin. So that answered my THEORETICAL question... aha

sorry i didnt post. I was sleeping over at a friends house and his internet was down. I tried to use my phone, but i didnt have reception in his house :S it was strange... but i did read it last night! just couldnt post
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:55 pm

whaaaaaaaaaat :S
isaac i sent it to you over msn..... but i guess you didnt get it .
awe mannn ,

hey its alright, ill just post it today .
its not that long or anything so its fine
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:57 pm

no no its okay. Don't worry about it. We know you did it Smile ah
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:52 pm

hey guys! i am off to camping soon but i wanted to post my last devo for a half a week or so.

"24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize."
If theres one thing that Roh taught me, it was that you should try your best. Dont be average... cause average people suck... :p Hopefully thats the way Jacob and I are leading, but we ll always pursue GREATNESS not just good.

okay, keep up with your devos! ill be doing mine ATLEAST once a day, following 1 Corinthians : )

Im sorry that we cant have practice this week, but Cathy is away too... so blame her, and not me >Smile

BYE GOIYSSSSSSS
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:15 pm

how do you change a lawn mower to a snow blower?
-you give a woman a shovel!

Yah me and my friends were playing a game, and that joke was the result! DON' T KILL ME! Sorry to Grace...I feel like I missed someone...

Yet preaching the Good news is not something I can boast about. I am compelled by God to do it

I love the word compelled becasue, It is true something is compelling us to serve our God, and that something is God's love. Sometimes serving the church is hard, but still something compels you in the way nothing matters except serving. God is truly working in all of us, and his love is shown through people.

When I am with those who are weak, I share their weakness.

It seems pride is a big topic in Corinthians, becasue pride blocks you from bringing people to the lord. Everyone sins, but when someone tries deny it becasue of their pride, you are hurting those who are having a hard time with their sins. I should watch what I say, becasue One I am lying to myself, and two By denying that I ever committed specific type sin, I might be hurting those who are dealing with them.

K that is all...oh yah and Cathy!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:59 am

hey guys, it's crazy cuz we're going back to school soon but the end of the break feels alot different than last year... last year I wanted school to start and was very enthusiastic about it but this year, it's more like W.E...

plus my friend rele got me into dancing club songs and I'm rele addicted to it... HAHA

This chapter say that everybody who does things will get something out of it, like karma i guess cuz u will be rewarded if u listen to god and if u dunt, u wont be... If a teenager works for the whole entire summer, he will be paid and have alot of money when school starts for putting all he's free time to work... God basically wants us to work for him which is not rele work... He wants us to preach about him and spread the word of him... jst like a teenager working for the summer and getting paid, god will reward us and pay us... also, he wants not only you but all of us, brothers and sisters, and other fellow worshipers to do the same... do it cuz u like it, and do it even if u dunt want to do it cuz it shows that you will sacrifice anything for him... doesn't matter if you want to do it or not but preach and spread the name of god... (It will be much better if you want to cuz it'll be easier and also the lever of commitment to god... HAHA) plus, do what god has told u to do like that's the only thing that u have to fulfill in life, wait that is the only thing that you have to fulfill in life, but you guys get the message right??
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:17 pm

hey i did do my devos yesterday but i did not post!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down