Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Corinthians 14 (Sept 8)

+3
Grace
Kevin
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

1 Corinthians 14 (Sept 8) Empty 1 Corinthians 14 (Sept 8)

Post  Isaac Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:01 am

"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important." - C.S Lewis

cannot! be moderately important!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Corinthians 14 (Sept 8) Empty Re: 1 Corinthians 14 (Sept 8)

Post  Kevin Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:31 pm

haha so I came back from first day of high school!
but it wasnt as great as i thought.. haha
anyways who put up that new home page picture A&W??? its sick!!!

ah i didnt get anything from this chapter.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:13 pm

Who do you think did it? Jacob? Pshhh he's toooo noob to do that kind of masterpiece. It was obviously from someone who is unrealistically artistic... Moi
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:15 pm

LOLOLOL HAHA
But I thought u said the Always Worship was kinda like a cliche now
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:21 pm

That's what roh said... Cliche or not its our moto. Remember it
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:41 pm

hey guys !
wow today was rough, i was SOOO hungry for the first 3 periods cause my lunch is 4th (that should be illegal)
and i was falling asleep in fifth. careers is lame..... LOL

is it just me , or is waking up really early wierd now... HAHA wow, its going to take me a while to get back into routine

so anyways
for today.....

pretty much verses 26-40 stood out to me.
the title is "Worship Must Be Orderly"
(i have a diff version so yeah...)
but out of it all verse 26 in the contemporary english version stood out to me the most .
it goes like this:

"My friends, when you meet to worship,you must do everything for the good of everyone there. Thats how it should be when someone sings or teaches or tells what God has said or speaks an unknown language or explains what the language means."

think about that one .
when we gather for a time of fellowship, when we come together to serve God, to prepare for the weeks praise time, how are we doing it. Why are we doing it. Are we giving everyone our undivided attention and helping everyone through whatever it is. When they share, do we listen, when we do something, will it benefit others? haha so much to think about...

loved this chapter Smile

so my first day was........... alright
hope all of yours was better than mine Razz

kevin, be careful Smile HAHA
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:10 pm

Ughh just ordered a large pizza from pizza nova, and just destroyed it while watching "the 70s show"...Good Times!
Fez- "trick or treat...an apple? Where's my candy you son of a _ _ _ _ _" Greatest show ever to grace the television

I really didn't get much today, but I did get that everyone has a specific role in a community especially in church.

One will sing, another will teach, another will tell some special revelation God has given, one will speck in tongues, and another will interpret what is said.

Everyone had their own specific role, and it all contributed to the goal of reaching closer with to God. Everyone has their own unique ability and no one is lesser than anyone.

k that all...ugh school tomorrow. PLZZZZ FOOD AND NUTRITION AS HOME CLASS
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:36 pm

i have an hour and a half long commute to school every morning.. RAWRRRR i want a car.
and guys i love my courses! totally dropping chem but other than that i love all my courses and teachers and as nerdy as it is I LOVE SCHOOL! muahaha
my first day back was great
haha

so anyways 1 Corinthians 14:
It was really all about the spiritual gifts, esp prophesy and tongues.. hahah i always thought these two were the coolest gifts ever.. One of my best friends' mom prophecized 9/11.. how freaking crazy is that? The chapter really stressed using these gifts for the edification of the church.. We are thus encouraged to seek gifts that will help make the church even stronger.. To be honest with you I have no idea which spiritual gifts are the ones given to me by God.. I know for sure that its not prohesy and tongues.. But Sam always told us that these things arent set in stone.. If theres a spiritual gift that we desire, we should pray about it! And chances are God's going to respond in some way.. As long as we plan to use these spiritual gifts for good, why not? And even if we dont know what we want we should really start asking God, and hopefully he will start revealing them to us.. Because he gave each of us different gifts and strengths, and by putting all of us together is the only way to create a strong church community..

Id have to say though I wasn't too pleased with verse 34-35
"34women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. 35If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church"
Maybe it's a cultural thing.. And I have to know the context of the verse in relation to the culture at the time and maybe there's another meaning in there that I'm missing.. lol but for now, im pretty sure that I'm going to completly disregard this verse. haha if anyone else has an explanation please share!

But im gonna go do my history readings, toodles!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:51 pm

i had a long talk during camping about tongues and prophesy.
i didnt get much from this chapter, only about what to do and how to order if i ever speak tongues :p

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:02 pm

This verse was kinf of confusing for me. but it explained that we shouldsn't settle for good/mediocre. We must excel in EVERYTHING we do so that God's kingdom can be lifted.

Did the word of God originate with you? Or are you the only people it has reached?

This is what praise and what our vision is. We aim so that EVERYONE will serve in the church, not just 40% of us. It starts with our initiation. Getting people involved and leading, and i will try my bext to teach you while i ghrow aswell so that we can become a group of leaders/followers who can raise a church and show that Serving in God's kingdom IS a blessing, not a duty!

School starts!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:36 am

today was fun, i went out for the last time of the break and had a great feast with my friend... HAHA i was uploading a vid to my friend's wall and one of my inside jks had a swearing word in it sooo apologies everyone... HAHA i basically fixed my swearing habits but i jst had to let this one slide... HAHA
plus i was planning to do my devo rele early tonight but my dad was drunk today and he wouldn't leave my room so it took me literally an hour to get him out... HAHA and i my parents asked me to burn a cd for them but they didn't kno the songs them selves so that took another hour and he jst came back again... Dang it...

This chapter had a message that was kinda unclear... But when i read it, i thought that the message was this... It doesn't matter what kind of language you speak to worship god. not matter what u say, god will always know what you say. But the importance of this lesson is that if you speak a language that no one can, you can't worship with others... When worshipping god, you shouldn't be the only one to worship him... It is always better to worship god with others that can help you and you can help them back... Basically, if you have trouble speaking to other people whether or not you cna speak their language or not, it's good to worship by your self, but if you worship with others together, it's always better than worshipinh by your self... If you are too nervous to talk to others, ask gof for help you give you confidence to speak to others and god will always be there to help you... HAHA
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:36 am

and HAPPY B DAY ALLAN!!! HAHA UR LUCKY TO HAVE UR B DAY ON THE START OF SCHOOL!!! YOU'll GET YOUR B DAY BEATS!!! HAHA
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down