Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Corinthians 11 (Sept 4)

+2
Grace
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

1 Corinthians 11 (Sept 4) Empty 1 Corinthians 11 (Sept 4)

Post  Isaac Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:23 pm

yo momma
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Corinthians 11 (Sept 4) Empty Re: 1 Corinthians 11 (Sept 4)

Post  Grace Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:33 pm

hey guys !
so i went roller blading, and i feel like im gonna die.. hahaha
this is going to be fun, soar legs at work . hahaha im SOOO staying out of the water today, no demos on how to kick LOL

so i gotta head out soon, for starbucks and then work, so ill post it up now

1 corinthians chapter 11....right away the title of the chapter and the first verse stood out to me

"RULES FOR WORSHIP"

1 You must follow my example as i follow the example of Christ
AMEN

okay so i was reading the first part ,and all of a sudden it says like "the women might as well shave their heads..." and i was like woah . HAHA

but i really get the message . its telling us how God is the head over everything, and it talks a lot about respect and honor . I love the first part of verse 7 . "Men were created to be like God, and to bring honor to God" (my bible is the contemporary english version... so its a little diff) and i really think thats important. To strive to be like God, to live a holy life, to close that gap between you and God as much as possible. Because of Adam and Eve, there was a space that seperated us from God, but because of Christ, there is a bridge, and we need to start walking forward towards God. To be more like Him and to bring Him honor !

King ! "we will give you glory, bring you honor, king above all kings, you deserve our everything!" "one day we will stand before you Lord, our altogether beautiful reward"

have a good day guys : )
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

1 Corinthians 11 (Sept 4) Empty 1 Corinthians 11

Post  Kevin Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:26 pm

1 And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ.

Is it just me, or does verse 1 in most chapters stand out?

So I thought about this and I thought it's like a chain. If I act like Jesus, and other people act like me, which is like Jesus, and other people act like the people that imitate me... and so on... So I thought, if I could really act like Jesus everyday in my life, that will show to other people. They will see a bit of Jesus in me and hopefully they can do the same. Evantually the WHOLE world will be like Jesus! Smile

hm the rest of the chapter didn't make too much sense for me. anyways see u guys sunday!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:44 pm

Isn't it obvious that it's disgraceful for a man to have long hair!...I am looking at all of you Fob guys! lol Kidding!

Today's Devo

I learned that complaining can really hurt your relationship with God. Woman had to wear coverings, and man should not have short hair (this is questionable now obviously), God is asking for so little in return, and yet people still questioned it. Jesus literally went through hell, and people were complaining about little things. God's ask for little, and we still complain in our lives. I fall short too. I am complain about practice some times too. It's too early, it's too hot/too cold, too heavy etc. We complain but it's so petty. We get to worship God, but we still sometimes take it for granted. You can never have too much humility.

that is all for today bi
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:27 am

hey guys, i got back home very late today, I've been out too much and came back late cuz the breaks almost over, i jst took a shower and i'm soo tired that i'm gonna faint... HAHa, while i was with my friends, my dad called me sounding rele tired with a blocked nosed... so i asked wats wrong and he told me he fainted during work and decided not to tell me cuz i was having, he told me mom and him were all in the emergency room. so I freaked out infront of all of my friends!!! i was thinking wat if he has cancer cuz of he's smoking and then i might have to work everyday not attending school and stuff like that!! but my dad was pranking me and i got rele mad at him... HAHA

anyways, i read kevin's devo today and if ur having trouble understanding the bible, go to biblegateway.com and u can translate it to contemporary english version (Basically translating it so that we can understand...) or just read the message in the site....

This chapter is basically saying that we have been worshiping god for a very long time and that god is very pleased that we are still worshiping him. But some of us talk to him, talk with him, talk about him, shows lack of respect. God created us and made everything for us, y do we do that?? if a women shows lack of desrespect to her husband like she disrespects god, it's like shaving her head. so if god did everything for us, y are we showing disrespect?? it's true that man were born b4 women and men took the shape of god and women were born from men, we still can't live without them... so lets stop judging who came first. We all wouldn't be hear if it wasn't for god so lets worship him and try our best to be like jesus...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:07 am

Hey guys again! SOrry i haven't been posting, but i have been doing them. Just want to let you know, i got my wisdom teeth pulled out yesterday so my face is swollen. it JUST stopped bleeding, it hurts, i have an eye infection for some reason and i have a little fever. Save me will you Smile
gaaaaaaaahhh....
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:38 am

haha ill pray for you jacob Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down