Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isaiah 49 (Jun 24)

4 posters

Go down

Isaiah 49 (Jun 24) Empty Isaiah 49 (Jun 24)

Post  Isaac Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:53 pm

Laughing
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Isaiah 49 (Jun 24) Empty Re: Isaiah 49 (Jun 24)

Post  JacobPk Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:01 am

YO sorry for the late post. played ball and today was hot eh. hotter than a firetruck.

Isaiah 49
3 He said to me, "You are my servant,
It's easier to say Follow me, then to say Take the Lead, or i'll follow you. One way for our team to grow in unity is for us to be a humble and serving team. There is no one higher than anyone and lower than anyone. The moment we say i'm better than you, that's wrong...completely. God made us equally and wonderfully made. It's awesome isn't it? ANd i get the privilege to serve with you guys and to follow you guys! Remember humility is not a easy way, but there are SO many great things that come out of it. WHat are ways where we can serve each other? Encouragements is one FOR SURE. Prayer FOR SURE. and ect etc FOR SURE. and most immportantly God, You can't serve another without God in your hearts.

They will neither hunger nor thirst,
nor will the desert heat or the sun beat upon them

KInd of like our mission. THey will no longer have to search for satisfaction, but instead finally be able to witness and encounter and experience in our God. They will realize that God reigns in all the earth and that freedom is here. Choice of songs haha

Listen to the songs across the earth, and With everything. SICK SONGS. alos listen to You are Here.
CIAO!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:03 am

Hellllooooo everyone!
I ran into steven today. He's leaving tmrw afternoon at 3pm so let's all like. pray simultaneously!
today i started packing and oh my goodness it is the most high-tech and geometrical packing that I have ever done in my life. It's like playing tetris but better. I honestly wish I could show you my amazing packing abilities. I should take a picture and post it. it is fantabulous. I think God has called me to be a packer. Screw school, my dreams and aspirations lie in packing.
haha wow sorry for the rant. i swear im posting devos now. Razz

hahah so today we read from isaiah 49 and I liked:
2 He made my mouth like a sharpened sword,
in the shadow of his hand he hid me;
he made me into a polished arrow
and concealed me in his quiver.

Anyone else see the pattern? Bahah the first and third verse talk about the strength and the gifts that he gives us. Our mouth is like a sharpened sword, we are polished arrows.. These describe things that God gave us as gifts, and as a result he validates us as his valuale and important children, whom he takes care of and gives strength. But then in verses 2 and 4 it talks about how he hides us. And at first I thought it was weird but I sort of toook it in two ways. One, that god sort of conceals us so as to prevent us from getting bigheaded because of the power and strength he gave us in verses 1 and 3. but at the same time I think it can mean that he protects us frmo the huge world of sin and temptation, by prtoecting us in his shadow and in his palm. But anyhoo the point of this is that this verse really reminded me of how much god cares for us and how everything taht we shoudl be proud of comes from God. So let's keep that in mind as we start this summmer. let's rememebr to stop and thank God for what he does for us, and remember that everything is for his glory and not our own. G'night y'allz!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:36 pm

Sorry for the late devo.

Isaiah 49
"It is too small a thing for you to be my servant...I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth."

All throughout this chapter, I noticed God putting emphasis on His people by telling them that every single one of them has a purpose in life that is significant in God's eyes. To this day, I've believed that God had something "great" in store for each and every one of us- great as in hugely significant in all of our eyes. But from this chapter, it's clear that God works through everyone, even if they live a very ordinary life, in order to contribute to the glory of God's kingdom. So, I learned to humble myself and see that people who serve in the littlest ways are so significant and worthy in God's eyes.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down