Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isaiah 39 (Jun 6)

2 posters

Go down

Isaiah 39 (Jun 6) Empty Isaiah 39 (Jun 6)

Post  Isaac Sun May 31, 2009 9:14 pm

Laughing
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Isaiah 39 (Jun 6) Empty Re: Isaiah 39 (Jun 6)

Post  Cathy Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:18 pm

Hey Guyssss!
I'm so sorry that ive missed so many devos! But I hope you all had a great practice yesterday.. Sorry I couldn't be there!
So anyway today's chapter was very short! Basically Hezekia received the envoys very welcomingly, and I think as a sign of good relations and trust, he decided to show them everything he had.. But when Isaiah heard of this he started to predict doom for Hezekial, telling him that everything will be taken away from him. I think Isaiah was really trying to tell him how easily everything can be taken away from him. Hezekial seemed to really value all of his stored treasures, but Isaiah challenged him to live and worship God even without these things, because all of these things are so insignificant in the eyes of God. Stories like this alwyas challenge every single one of us to reflect on how much we treasure and rely on our material posesssions for our happiness. And with whatever we have lets lift it up to God and thank HIM, instead of using it to glorify ourselves like Hezekial did....
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:17 pm

hey guys: Isaiah 39
"For the king was thinking, “At least there will be peace and security during my lifetime.”
I like this verse because the king seems so secure, when in reality bad things are coming. And the way its worded "ATLEAST" there will be peace. He finds peace in his own items, when we should find peace in Jesus. Its easy though, to find peace in something like money. Money makes the world go round. But like Pastor John said, being christian is being counter-cultural.

Ciao
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down