Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isaiah 36 (Jun 3)

5 posters

Go down

Isaiah 36 (Jun 3) Empty Isaiah 36 (Jun 3)

Post  Isaac Sun May 31, 2009 9:12 pm

alien
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Isaiah 36 (Jun 3) Empty Re: Isaiah 36 (Jun 3)

Post  Sean Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:21 am

sorry guys, I'm soo tired, I'll read it lateR:)
Sean
Sean
minion

Number of posts : 36
Birthday : when michael was born
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:34 pm

i didnt get anything from isaiah 35. Although the "holy highway" is a cool analogy
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:21 am

yo i tried reading this, but my mind is wandering off.
so i didn't get much fomr this chapter! Hey, if you guys could give Allan a call, he's down with the flu so he won't be joining us on friday! so let's pray for him, same with Cathy.
2 more days to go. 2 more days to go haha
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:53 am

Sorry guys. My eyes can't focus and soak anything else in except marketing... Very sorry about my lack of devos
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:04 am

GUESS WHAT. only ONE more day for this old lady.

I was studying at the library today, and I saw MIKEEEEE
yea he was studying for his math exam
didn't see him for so long that it made my day SmileSmileSmile

From today's chapter, one phrase stuck out to me- "The Lord will deliver us." Throughout this whole book, I think we've been seeing this idea that God is the only one who has complete power over us and everything else. The commander in this chapter knew this, and had so much power and strength because he relied on God and His promises. I think it's pretty incredible how, in the Bible, the side that only trusts in God always wins. No matter how hard you train or obey the commander's orders, if you don't ask for God's presence, you will not be able to accomplish anything.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:03 am

HOLLA

Sorry for missing my devos on time yesterday! I had my school's music banquet and passed out when I got home. Hahaha. I wore rubber boots with my dress! It was awesome.

Isaiah 36

On whom are you depending, that you rebel against me? 6 Look now, you are depending on Egypt, that splintered reed of a staff, which pierces a man's hand and wounds him if he leans on it! Such is Pharaoh king of Egypt to all who depend on him. 7 And if you say to me, "We are depending on the LORD our God"-isn't he the one whose high places and altars Hezekiah removed, saying to Judah and Jerusalem, "You must worship before this altar"?

This was a pretty intense passage. I thought it was pretty cool bc you got to read real dialogue between commanders, etc. in this time of warfare.
I liked this passage bc it was kind of reminiscent of what modern doubters try to throw on believers, just without...real-life weapons and battles at hand...Hahaha. They try to make us doubt by asking us who it is we believe in, and how we expect them to deliver us when faith is all we have. But these chapters remind us that faith really is all that we need. Not all the preparation in the world can carry us very far if we lack the God-factor!

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down